Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks! So with my daughter (13 yo), do I need to book her alone as a separate transaction or can I have all of us on just one booking, paying for each of us with 3 forms of payment each?

Sorry I’m a mess lol!!
It's confusing! You'll need to book her separately, so you will each have a different confirmation code for check-in. I wish it was simpler!

Thanks! So with my daughter (13 yo), do I need to book her alone as a separate transaction or can I have all of us on just one booking, paying for each of us with 3 forms of payment each?

Sorry I’m a mess lol!!
It's three forms of payment per transaction, regardless of how many people are on that transaction. If you book your daughter and you on the same reservation, you will be able to use 3 payment methods total.

As a related aside, I would not book her on a separate reservation. If you do that, then your reservation won't be 'connected' to hers in the system. If anything happens to your flight, it will make it much harder to deal with because the system doesn't know you're together.

An example: My brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, mom and dad, all booked the same flight to Orlando in June. My parents booked separately from the rest of the family, so it's two reservations. SW did some schedule shifting, so the flight they originally booked no longer existed. They moved my parents to another flight on the same day, and moved my brother's family to a different flight (still on the same day). My mom was able to call and get the last two seats so they're all on the same plane. But SW didn't know they were flying together because it was two separate reservations, so when they had to change schedules the system didn't 'know' to move them all together.

It's three forms of payment per transaction, regardless of how many people are on that transaction. If you book your daughter and you on the same reservation, you will be able to use 3 payment methods total.

As a related aside, I would not book her on a separate reservation. If you do that, then your reservation won't be 'connected' to hers in the system. If anything happens to your flight, it will make it much harder to deal with because the system doesn't know you're together.

An example: My brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, mom and dad, all booked the same flight to Orlando in June. My parents booked separately from the rest of the family, so it's two reservations. SW did some schedule shifting, so the flight they originally booked no longer existed. They moved my parents to another flight on the same day, and moved my brother's family to a different flight (still on the same day). My mom was able to call and get the last two seats so they're all on the same plane. But SW didn't know they were flying together because it was two separate reservations, so when they had to change schedules the system didn't 'know' to move them all together.
Woah!! Thanks for the advice!!

Woah!! Thanks for the advice!!
That’s not what I found. I just booked a one way flight for 3 people (I had more than 2 flight credits). All on same confirmation number. When it came to payment, select travel fund. Then enter the confirmation numbers and associated persons name. It allowed 2 per passenger then pay the remaining cost with a credit card. Good luck.

That’s not what I found. I just booked a one way flight for 3 people (I had more than 2 flight credits). All on same confirmation number. When it came to payment, select travel fund. Then enter the confirmation numbers and associated persons name. It allowed 2 per passenger then pay the remaining cost with a credit card. Good luck.
I will have to try again next time. I have never seen a way to do this, but I’d love for it to be possible!

That. Is. FANTASTIC!!! I was hoping to hear this lol!! Thank you for writing in!!!

Hi 👋 I’m so sorry if this is a repeat question but I’m a newbie with this whole combining finds things and reading through this thread is making my head spin 🙃

I have 3 travelers, 2 adults and one child. We each have two flight credits (we each have 2 credits of $33 each, so $66 total for each, and not transferable since we did wanna get away fares)

It says on the SW website that when using credits, each “traveler” can use 3 forms of payment.

So does that mean for my next flight that I book for the 3 of us, I can pay with the 2 credits and a credit card for each traveler on one transaction?

Or will I be limited at the end and I will need to do the song and dance of combining credits by booking/cancelling?

Thanks expert friends!!
Were the original flights booked with the same reservation number for all 3 people? If so, you will be able to book for all 3 people again and use 2 credits per person plus one cc.

At one point my dd and I had different reservation numbers associated with our travel credits. I booked a fake flight using one of my res numbers and one of hers. I then cancelled this flight and we then had the same reservation number. I did this a few times as we each had many travel credits but I now have 1 travel credit with over $200 for each of us. It takes time and it’s a pain but, worth it to me to take the time to ease booking in the future.

Moving forward I will always book us together for ease of combining travel credits which historically we’ve got for every flight as flight prices fluctuate.

Were the original flights booked with the same reservation number for all 3 people? If so, you will be able to book for all 3 people again and use 2 credits per person plus one cc.

At one point my dd and I had different reservation numbers associated with our travel credits. I booked a fake flight using one of my res numbers and one of hers. I then cancelled this flight and we then had the same reservation number. I did this a few times as we each had many travel credits but I now have 1 travel credit with over $200 for each of us. It takes time and it’s a pain but, worth it to me to take the time to ease booking in the future.

Moving forward I will always book us together for ease of combining travel credits which historically we’ve got for every flight as flight prices fluctuate.
This is amazing advice, thank you!!! Yes all 3 of us are in the same reservation- our flight dropped in price twice so now we each have 2 travel credits (associated with the same flight reservation). We will book together in the future- great to know we can use those 2 credits each and a cc for the next flight.

And bravo you!! Well done! So glad I came here to ask this question- appreciate you sharing your SW expertise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter