Polynesian Resale Listings

If I was a PVB resale owner, I'd definitely be seriously considering selling right now unless I really needed those points in the short term. With contracts going for over $200/pp, it seems likely that a seller would be able to wait and at some point in the next year or so be able buy direct points for less than what they would get from the sale after considering incentives, or alternately wait a year and buy back a resale contract after the frenzy for what will likely be much less.
This is my question of whether to sell my resale contract now since I would like to own direct points. But ultimately, I think I've decided to wait and see what type of incentives there will be for existing owners. I have a 200+ point contract so I doubt it's gone up as much as these small contracts have.

This is my question of whether to sell my resale contract now since I would like to own direct points. But ultimately, I think I've decided to wait and see what type of incentives there will be for existing owners. I have a 200+ point contract so I doubt it's gone up as much as these small contracts have.
Just my personal take but if I owned resale Poly I absolutely would sell it right now. If people want to pay over 200 per point for it why would I stop them? I can easily turn around and flip that into a direct Poly contract for not that much more.

I see a few contracts listing $200pp or more, but that is a small blip and may never sell at those rates. I also see at least 4 contracts pop up in the past few days at much more $160-$170 range.

I am not sure where these Poly $200pp opinions are coming from, but I don't think that is the going rate for resale.

I see a few contracts listing $200pp or more, but that is a small blip and may never sell at those rates. I also see at least 4 contracts pop up in the past few days at much more $160-$170 range.

I am not sure where these Poly $200pp opinions are coming from, but I don't think that is the going rate for resale.
The $200+ pp was coming from a couple of contracts listed above that figure, listed as firm pricing/non-negotiable, and sold rather quickly. Info on that is back a couple pages.

Yeah I think $160s is reasonable but unless it’s a contract under 100pts, $180+ is too much.

For 150pts that would start at $28k all-in. At that resale price, the possibility direct incentives take Poly to $30k or less is worth waiting to see. And it’s not much risk resale goes even higher once Poly is in active sales. Who knows but I just don’t see it.

Personally I’d want to save more than 3% to give up 100% unrestricted points, even more so if it also means getting blue card.

The $200+ pp was coming from a couple of contracts listed above that figure, listed as firm pricing/non-negotiable, and sold rather quickly. Info on that is back a couple pages.
Ok the listings said firm but that's not exactly legally binding. I still have a hard time believing people started paying over $200 pp basically overnight. Possibly one or two were crazy enough, but it's not going to be the trend. If I were the cynical type, I might even think it's in the resale sites' best interest for it to look like they are selling for that much, even if they're not.

We have xxxxdirect Poly points that we're toying with selling. Those xxxxxpoints won't get me anything in the new tower, and I could sell them at a high enough price to be able to get 100 pts or more at SSR via resale. We bought 150 GF direct last summer so would still have direct member benefits, and already have 150 at SSR (where we love to stay, but are also good SAP). Hmmmm...

Details removed of contract size.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree $200 is too high, and from what I see the going rate is more in the low $160s. One thing to bear in mind is that it is still not completely 100% set in stone that these points will be good for 11 month access to the tower, even though most people now believe that they will be, and if and when this is officially announced once and for all there could be some room for a little additional appreciation.

We have xxxx direct Poly points that we're toying with selling. Those xxxxpoints won't get me anything in the new tower, and I could sell them at a high enough price to be able to get 100 pts or more at SSR via resale. We bought 150 GF direct last summer so would still have direct member benefits, and already have 150 at SSR (where we love to stay, but are also good SAP). Hmmmm...
If you believe the projected points chart posted in the main tower thread, those 80 points would be more than enough for a week in a duo studio in the tower in September.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/island-tower-at-polynesian-villas-bungalows.3945907/post-65495255

Last edited by a moderator:
If you believe the projected points chart posted in the main tower thread, those 80 points would be more than enough for a week in a duo studio in the tower in September.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/island-tower-at-polynesian-villas-bungalows.3945907/post-65495255
I think that's probably right, but assuming the tower studios will be smaller (maybe like the RIV tower studios?), we wouldn't be interested. We used to love staying at Poly in the longhouse studios, but made the critical error of staying in an SSR 1 bedroom a few years ago and now feel we deserve to have a full kitchen and laundry, lol! We just spent a week in a deluxe studio at RIV, and it was certainly very nice, but also felt very small. Our luxury desires don't fit our budget points!

You'd have to be a complete moron to purchase Poly at + $200 PP resale. Assuming they offer direct points at $239 to match VDH (there's little chance they move off of that so soon after VDH started direct sales, and with RIV still selling at $225), with incentives you can get that down damned close to $200 PP with little effort. Just the boilerplate $17 PP add-on discount gets you to $222.

Last edited:
We have xxxxdirect Poly points that we're toying with selling. Those xxxxxpoints won't get me anything in the new tower, and I could sell them at a high enough price to be able to get 100 pts or more at SSR via resale. We bought 150 GF direct last summer so would still have direct member benefits, and already have 150 at SSR (where we love to stay, but are also good SAP). Hmmmm...

Details removed of contract size.

I took out details of your contract so it wasn’t reading as for sale.

Remember last year when VGF was selling direct in the $160s and resale was still listing (and buying) at $170 and $175?

A couple people said they bought resale at $170 only because they were international and could not get the direct offer without visiting in person. I guess that could be happening now? People who want to book Poly Tower for their next visit but cannot visit sooner.

I’ve seen plenty of cases where resale was bought just because the common mantra “You’ll save thousands!” It’s not always true.

Remember last year when VGF was selling direct in the $160s and resale was still listing (and buying) at $170 and $175?

A couple people said they bought resale at $170 only because they were international and could not get the direct offer without visiting in person. I guess that could be happening now? People who want to book Poly Tower for their next visit but cannot visit sooner.

I’ve seen plenty of cases where resale was bought just because the common mantra “You’ll save thousands!” It’s not always true.
Very true I had not thought of that…

Not buying that story. If you're an international seller, knowing how long it takes to close a resale contract and given the fact that's literally impossible that you need those points right now, then you're still a moron for not at least waiting to see where direct costs land or waiting until the resort starts selling and resale prices normalize.

Not buying that story. If you're an international seller, knowing how long it takes to close a resale contract and given the fact that's literally impossible that you need those points right now, then you're still a moron for not at least waiting to see where direct costs land or waiting until the resort starts selling and resale prices normalize.
international buyers are not allowed to take advantage of the MB program so that makes a difference.

international buyers are not allowed to take advantage of the MB program so that makes a difference.
No, but they are eligible for the add-on offer that is currently $17 per point at all active resorts. If The Poly tower starts at $239 PP, that brings it down to $222 per point. If DVC offers a "Welcome Home" offer similar to what they are offering at the Cabins, that could drop the per-point price on a 150-point contract down below $210 per point. Plus, if you're smart and have the right UY, you may just get those "double" points. Even if you aren't eligible for MB and they don't offer a "Welcome Home": discount (or exclude international buyers), you can still rent those puppies out at $15 PP for 150 points and you're back down to $207 PP ($239-$$17-$15). You'll still have current UY points to make that sweet, sweet Poly Tower reservation.

If you buy a resale contract at $205, it looks like most if not all of the contracts coming up for sale right now are stripped, so no "extra" points. Plus, you're going to be paying more in closing costs on a resale contract. Even an extra $600 in closing costs is $4 PP on that 150-point contract, so the effective price of the resale contract is closer to $210 PP. $210 PP is starting to get uncomfortably close to $222 PP, and if the additional non-MB discounts are offered then it's a wash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter