Place to watch sports at or near Epcot?

TestnDoc

Earning My Ears
Hello all. My wife and I are arriving at the Disney Yacht club this coming Saturday (5/18) for a much needed getaway for 6 nights. I would like to watch the Preakness on Saturday (horse race) and the PGA golf championship on Saturday and Sunday. Any advice on places in or near Epcot, or in The grand Floridian. We are eating at Tutto Saturday night and citricos on Sunday. Thanks!

A number of the lounges do have televisions, and you could ask the bartender to turn something on. Shula's at the Dolphin has some. Rix at the Coronado Springs resort is an actual sports bar with many televisions. City Works, and Splitsville at Disney Springs also have quite a few televisions.

Martha's vineyard at the BC usually has sports on but I don't think they open until 4:00pm. Unfortunately, I think that is the case for many Disney lounges.

Somebody had a thread about watching the Kentucky Derby, was that you or someone else?

The lounges inside the resorts tend to open at 4pm. Ale and Compass lounge, though, does open earlier around noon. Also open earlier is Hurricane Hannah's pool bar as well as Boardwalk pool bar. Can also gondola over to Riviera for the pool bar, Bar Riva ( bigger than other pool bars and has a few TVs).

Grand Flo lounge, Enchanted Rose, doesnt open until 4 and i am not sure if or what TV situation is there. But pool bar there will be open. Not sure about the restaurants, if they have bars. Just an FYI, pool bars only have like 2 TVs. Can monorail to Contemporary and Steakhouse 71 has a lounge that opens around 11 or noon.

Last edited:
Also wanted to mention 3 other Disney places we watch sports often.

Disney Springs- Splitsville and City Works
Coronado Springs- Rix

And Sparatoga Springs restaurant, Turf Club, has a lounge with several TVs and would be cool to watch Preakness there. They don't open until 4 like other resort lounges.

They will likely have some sports on at the Boardwalk pool bar and you should be able to walk in there without issue and see. I believe there may be some spots in the Swan/Dolphin. Im not so sure about the grand floridian. Wilderness Lodge will probably have the golf on at Geyser Point but you would need to take a boat there from MK

My vote would be Splitsville. There are plenty of televisions on first and second floor. Plus, the food is excellent.

The lobby bar at the Dolphin (Fins) usually has sports on the tv's. As does the poolside bar at the Dolphin, which may be open earlier than Fins..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter