Park Hopping Question

JMD

DIS Veteran
Now that park reservations and the 2pm hopper restrictions have been eliminated, I have a quick question on park hopping.

Is it possible to book a virtual queue and lightning lane reservations for one park at 7am, but enter a different park first thing in the morning when it opens?

For example, on a day when DHS opens at 9am and AK opens at 8am, would this be possible to book virtual queue for ROTR, and genie+ LL for DHS, but enter AK first? Ideally, I would like to ride Flight of Passage first thing in the morning after rope drop, then leave AK and head to DHS. Would this be possible?

Not sure if I have to enter DHS first if I make reservations at that park.

Yes, you should be able do that. It's much simpler with most tickets no longer requiring a park reservation.

Keep in mind that even at 8am the wait time for flight of passage can be 60+ minutes. Unless your one of those
meatballs that need to run to an attraction after rope drop.

Now that park reservations and the 2pm hopper restrictions have been eliminated, I have a quick question on park hopping.

Is it possible to book a virtual queue and lightning lane reservations for one park at 7am, but enter a different park first thing in the morning when it opens?

For example, on a day when DHS opens at 9am and AK opens at 8am, would this be possible to book virtual queue for ROTR, and genie+ LL for DHS, but enter AK first? Ideally, I would like to ride Flight of Passage first thing in the morning after rope drop, then leave AK and head to DHS. Would this be possible?

Not sure if I have to enter DHS first if I make reservations at that park.
You may book a VQ and then enter any park. The first park you enter does not need to be the park where you hold the VQ.

The biggest thing to note re: your question above is that Rise of the Resistance is NOT a VQ attraction. You may purchase an ILL$ for it or ride standby.

Current VQ attractions are:
- Tron (MK)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Epcot)

You may book a VQ and then enter any park. The first park you enter does not need to be the park where you hold the VQ.

The biggest thing to note re: your question above is that Rise of the Resistance is NOT a VQ attraction. You may purchase an ILL$ for it or ride standby.

Current VQ attractions are:
- Tron (MK)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Epcot)

Ahhhh....thank you, that is a very important piece of information. Will have to rework the plan now.

Thank you everyone for their input.

It depends on what type of ticket you have, really.

Example: In March, I was there with my sister & her family. I have the AP and they had a 1 day PH ticket that was not date-based (comped from a previous trip). In order to book a VQ for Guardians, we all needed to have a park reservation for Epcot so I changed them over the day before. So I had to book the VQ right at 7, then book our LL for Slinky Dog at HS, and then switch our park reservations back to HS since that's where we planned to spend the first half of the day. It was a pain because there was a snafu with the G+ system in that it didn't show me all 5 of us when booking a LL (unlike the day before when I could see all of us right away) so I spent about 5 minutes trying to get that figured out and by the time I sorted it out the earliest Slinky Dog was while we were scheduled to be at our Epcot dinner reservation. It set us up for a day of disappointment because there wasn't much available and they weren't willing/interested in waiting in the standby lines.

All that to say, it's helpful if you have another person help manage all of those things. I should've had my sister book the Slinky Dog LL for us while I got the VQ. Lesson learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter