Paid in full, but now owe 52 cents?

Sunshine1629

Disney Dreaming
My cruise is in less than 2 weeks. We’ve been paid in full since January. Yesterday at 4:30am I got an email confirming my cruise with a balance owing of 52 cents. Is this a known glitch or do I need to call? Not that it’s some huge amount of money or anything, but it’s just kinda annoying at this point. We wanted to change port adventures and I can’t get in to do it. Not sure if this balance is locking me out or if the site is down.

Thanks

My cruise is in less than 2 weeks. We’ve been paid in full since January. Yesterday at 4:30am I got an email confirming my cruise with a balance owing of 52 cents. Is this a known glitch or do I need to call? Not that it’s some huge amount of money or anything, but it’s just kinda annoying at this point. We wanted to change port adventures and I can’t get in to do it. Not sure if this balance is locking me out or if the site is down.

Thanks
It maybe port charges, which DCL doesn’t control, the ports do, and they can change between booking and sailing. Sometimes guests end up with a credit, sometimes they owe more.

I’ve read other threads where guests had problems with a similar small charge. Definitely pay it, especially if you want to make changes before your cruise. As the PP said, it’s likely additional port charges.

I’ve read other threads where guests had problems with a similar small charge. Definitely pay it, especially if you want to make changes before your cruise. As the PP said, it’s likely additional port charges.
On those cruises where the port fees are reduced, we've been refunded the amount via OBC. For those cruises that the port fees were raised, we didn't get charged additional (especially after PIF date)

On those cruises where the port fees are reduced, we've been refunded the amount via OBC. For those cruises that the port fees were raised, we didn't get charged additional (especially after PIF date)
Good to know. Can you think of a reason for the 52¢ charge?

Did you pay in USD? I thought there was an issue some people had related to a change in the exchange rate on my cruise out of Southampton last summer. But I also thought it was a mistake that DCL had made and they didn't really owe anything. Sorry I'm just guessing though as I only read about it vs having it happen to me. Unfortunately I think you'll need to call DCL about it.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I decided to just pay it and see what happens. I have had an incredibly busy weekend and honestly it wasn’t worth my time to call over 52 cents! Doing so allowed me to change my port adventures and It now shows paid in full again. I’m a little annoyed by it but what can you do?

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I decided to just pay it and see what happens. I have had an incredibly busy weekend and honestly it wasn’t worth my time to call over 52 cents! Doing so allowed me to change my port adventures and It now shows paid in full again. I’m a little annoyed by it but what can you do?
I'm just glad so you could scrap together $0.52. Disney Cruise Line is just so expensive so I can totally understand your frustration!

(This message is sponsored by Sarcasm Font)

We received a credit from DCL just before our last cruise to our credit card. I had no idea what it was for, but a port fee credit seemed like a good possibility. So it seems they can refund to your CC or give you OBC.

It’s definitely not the money, but I do find that scary because I know some other lines cancel your cruise if you have “unpaid” amounts pop up after PIL. On some lines, for example, you can add stuff to your cart and if you walk away and leave the stuff in your cart, it acts like you have not paid off your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter