"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

tickets booked for Aug 20th 🎃🎃 this date is $119, glad it was at the lower end, I can use the dollar difference for the gallons of water I’ll need during the party in August Heat 🥵 😂😂
Worst part sun-wise last year was the traffic jam to get into MK, like the literal foot traffic to get to the tap styles. They coral people in the blazing sun with zero shade as they attempt traffic control. Highly recommend anyone going on a hot day bring a sun umbrella if they intend to enter during the first hour or 2 of party access.

Worst part sun-wise last year was the traffic jam to get into MK, like the literal foot traffic to get to the tap styles. They coral people in the blazing sun with zero shade as they attempt traffic control. Highly recommend anyone going on a hot day bring a sun umbrella if they intend to enter during the first hour or 2 of party access.
I think one of the biggest problems was the new style of wristbands they used- it took a loooong time for castmembers to get them on and it led to a back-up at the tap styles and they would in turn slow down admittance until those backups cleared. All at the same time people kept showing up.

FINALLY got tickets after 3 hours either on hold, being transferred, call sent to survey or hang ups. I wanted to pay with three forms of payment and couldn't online. They kept putting me through to ticket servicing but the call would sit on hold for an hour and then go to survey. Really annoying, but it all ended up being fine. This will be our first party and definitely worried about the August heat.

Do the auxiliary wristband locations close down at some point throughout the night? We might be arriving late to the party (late meaning after 7) and wondering where the shortest wristband line will be at that point or if the main entrance will be the only option.

The auxiliary wrist band locations are only for people already in the park, or from 4-6pm, people who have day tickets/AP/etc and enter the main gate through that entrance.

So if you are entering after 7 you will have to go to through the main gate wrist band distribution. But if you are arriving that late the line will be very short.

So if you are entering after 7 you will have to go to through the main gate wrist band distribution. But if you are arriving that late the line will be very short.
Glad to hear it will be short. A long line at the main gate was my biggest fear arriving around 6:30 or 7:00.

FINALLY got tickets after 3 hours either on hold, being transferred, call sent to survey or hang ups. I wanted to pay with three forms of payment and couldn't online. They kept putting me through to ticket servicing but the call would sit on hold for an hour and then go to survey. Really annoying, but it all ended up being fine. This will be our first party and definitely worried about the August heat.
Be wise about your costume! I always see people in early Sept who go with too warm a costume practically dying in the hot afternoon hours.

I agree, I do think the entrance was badly organised last year. They held people in a 'holding line' when we went and then were ushering people across to the turnstiles in groups as regular guests walked across to the turnstiles. It all seemed a mess, it was much better organised pre-pandemic when they had dedicated places to scan in and collect your wristband. At that time surely just open up the turnstiles dedicated to party guests like in previous years. We did go to the second party so hoping they ironed it out and it is better organised this year.

I have already got my tickets but I'm just asking for a friend in France who can't buy them online : which number did you call, please? She tried that one (407) 939-5277, waited 1 hour and... it hung up on her. So is that the right one ? At the beginning of the thread, there is a different phone number for the Disney Reservation Center at 407-934-7639.

Is it recommended to bring your costume and just change if you are in MK for the day anyway?

Im going to go as Jasmine, but in red, when the genie made her fall for Jafar! :)

Is it recommended to bring your costume and just change if you are in MK for the day anyway?

Im going to go as Jasmine, but in red, when the genie made her fall for Jafar! :)
You’d have to, since adults can’t wear costumes outside of the hours your party tickets gets you in. Personally, I would take an afternoon break to go back to the room and change.

Glad to hear it will be short. A long line at the main gate was my biggest fear arriving around 6:30 or 7:00.
I went looking for my experience last year as I arrived later. I arrived just after 6pm and there wasn’t much in the way of lines.

One thing I also came across from my Labor Day report was if you are dining in the MK area on a party night do not transit via MK unless it’s like 6pm or later. I had to stand in the blazing afternoon sun for 10-15 mins just to cross from the bus area to the boat/monorail area trying to get from Pop to GF for my early dinner ADR.

I went looking for my experience last year as I arrived later. I arrived just after 6pm and there wasn’t much in the way of lines.

One thing I also came across from my Labor Day report was if you are dining in the MK area on a party night do not transit via MK unless it’s like 6pm or later. I had to stand in the blazing afternoon sun for 10-15 mins just to cross from the bus area to the boat/monorail area trying to get from Pop to GF for my early dinner ADR.
That’s great information. Thank you. Do you recall if you had much of a wait to be seated at your GF dining reservation on your party night? We will be dining at GF on our party night as well and just trying to time out our reservations correctly to arrive at the party around 6:30.

That’s great information. Thank you. Do you recall if you had much of a wait to be seated at your GF dining reservation on your party night? We will be dining at GF on our party night as well and just trying to time out our reservations correctly to arrive at the party around 6:30.
I don’t recall, I did GF Cafe and they can be slow. Personally if GF Cafe I’d do a 5pm ADR and go in knowing what I wanted to order so if the wait was long to get in it wouldn’t matter.

Yeah, but carrying it around or sticking it in a locker, you’re still changing clothes in a park bathroom—I’d rather have a quick shower and be refreshed for party time.
I presume that you can enter the park anytime after 4pm with a costume. Has anybody (with daytime tickets) tried to enter with a costume at 3 or 3:30? I’d like to avoid the chaotic scene that starts close to 4, but also don’t want to change into a costume at the park.

I presume that you can enter the park anytime after 4pm with a costume. Has anybody (with daytime tickets) tried to enter with a costume at 3 or 3:30? I’d like to avoid the chaotic scene that starts close to 4, but also don’t want to change into a costume at the park.
I think I remember you said you all have annual passes, right? We didn’t enter early, probably around 4:30/5ish last year, but we went through the annual pass entrance which pretty much had a non-existent line (the party line was huge) and breezed through, we got our wrist bands, ToT bags and got our party tickets checked in Tomorrowland I believe. I know not everyone has this option but I’d highly recommend if you do have an AP.

Does anyone know if I can still get the AP discount for the Halloween party tickets without having a active AP. Planning on purchasing the AP but will not be activating it till we go into the parks in August.
I bought tickets this morning with the AP discount and we haven't activated ours yet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter