"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Are we certain they sell the same number of tickets for every party? Or is it possible they sell more tickets on the more popular dates?
We’re not certain of that at all. It’s entirely possible that maximum capacity for the party in August is lower than it is in October.

Disney never releases numbers, but why would they leave money on the table by arbitrarily lowering the attendance? They know the parties are popular and will sell out all the tickets they offer.
Much like park reservations, it’s entirely possible that they project staffing based on what they expect will sell out and no more, and then cap attendance based on that.

Are we certain they sell the same number of tickets for every party? Or is it possible they sell more tickets on the more popular dates?

We’re not certain of that at all. It’s entirely possible that maximum capacity for the party in August is lower than it is in October.
You are correct that we don't know that for certain but we do know guests who have attended parties early in the season and then again later in the season, have not reported (that I have ever read) that certain parties feel less crowded. They're all 'full'.

We do not know if they sell the same number of tickets for every party. We do know Disney adjusts staffing levels depending on projected attendance so that they can staff the fewest CMs necessary. The end result of that can be less tickets sold but the park still "feeling" full as there will are less CMs running stuff.

Last edited:
I know that wait times are definitely different between nights. You can see them in Thrill Data specifically for the parties.
Ooh, that’s a good idea. The thrill data sort of makes it seem like the crowds may vary a little over the party season:

https://www.thrill-data.com/mnsshp/2023

That chart actually makes it look like the heaviest crowd levels for a party might have been Columbus Day week last year, which kind of makes sense, WDW in general is much more crowded that week than Halloween week. It looks like the early-mid September parties are the least crowded, which also makes sense.

Ooh, that’s a good idea. The thrill data sort of makes it seem like the crowds may vary a little over the party season:

That chart actually makes it look like the heaviest crowd levels for a party might have been Columbus Day week last year, which kind of makes sense, WDW in general is much more crowded that week than Halloween week. It looks like the early-mid September parties are the least crowded, which also makes sense.
Yeah. If the parties do actually sell out, then either Disney allows more people at different parties, they staff differently, or rides are more of a priority at some parties than others.

Yeah. If the parties do actually sell out, then either Disney allows more people at different parties, they staff differently, or rides are more of a priority at some parties than others.
It could have to do with how busy it is during the non-party hours. If people can ride more rides during regular hours, they can devote more time to entertainment and treats during party hours, thus making the wait times lower for the rides

Does anybody know what is going on with the Tron wait time numbers there? We did VQ but were not in line more than 30m max.

I've been to several August MNSSHP. The reason I try to avoid the first party is because of all of the unknowns (and the price). How does the line to get in work? What time do they start letting you in? When and where will characters meet? Which characters will start before 7pm? What photopass magic shots are available and where? What are the best snacks to try? There will be lots of good advice and past party experiences to refer to, but until the first party reviews come in, it's all just guesses.

Can’t seen nothing either, I presume being logged into your account identifies you as having a resort reservation, it did last year but so far not showing.

I’m logged into my account but I can’t see how to buy the tickets yet? Is there a confirmed time for when they will go on sale?

Anyone confirm what time tix go live? So far nothing...

Most likely at 6 est. Make sure you are logged in. Also tickets will not sell out within 5 mins of going on sale, they won’t even sell out on the first day, week or probably month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter