"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Had no idea you could get them for that much of a discount!
Yes! Check it out when they’re posted. We did have 2 tickets, but it was decent off for one. For example, right now the After hours tickets are running 15 bucks cheaper.- Even for 15 bucks on an after hours id do it especially if i had a family to buy for. Now that i know how easy to link its a no brainer. We did the Christmas party the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had them linked up easily within 5 minutes, as they also gave instructions.
We were only going to one additional park day as well, and also received savings by grabbing that there as well. Normally on a longer stay i get the length of stay, but we were on a room only this time, so why not save some money?
You still have to look though— although party and event tickets are cheaper - a random day ticket may not be. Example is a MK ticket for today only would be cheaper by far from Disney.

Last edited:
I think you raise a great point, especially considering how early people start planning their vacations. Disney should understand and appreciate this particularly around, if nothing else, DVC members who book at the 11 month window specifically for these types of events. We can look at what just happened with F&W fest to see how that news impacted people with reservations in August expecting a F&W fest kick off, that is now in the last week of Aug on the 29th. I understand Disney wanting to change things up a bit but they really need to appreciate why their guests want the communication out early - not because they are antsy and trying to get first dibs - its because they are trying to plan months in advance.

But the thing with F&G and F&W they weren’t truly cut short this year. They are starting at their normal timeframe precovid. The last couple years they started everything super early to get people back in the parks and now they no longer need to do that so the festivals resumed their normal timeframes. So there’s no reason to assume the party would be any different. Precovid the party started, Aug 16th in 2019, so if anything they will probably start it then. I really don’t see them starting it Aug 9th as that would be extremely early and, in my opinion, ridiculous. Halloween isn’t a summer event and they were pushing it with mid Aug as it is. But we will see when something official comes out.

I don’t understand why people who are clearly blasé about the Halloween party are on this thread specifically commenting telling people who really want Halloween party news to stop speculating and calm down. If people have news to put forward or share about the Halloween party then surely this is the place to do it IMO…

I’m not blase about the party, I’ve been going to it for years and will continue going to it. The thing is people getting all worked up about it are stressing themselves out unnecessarily, Disney will announce it when they announce it. There is no need to stress out about it. If you booked for a time in Aug for instance based on the assumption the party is going to happen and it doesn’t, when Disney announces it isn’t going to change that as Ellebelle had previously stated. If the party is that important then it’s probably best to book in Sept/Oct that way you know it will be happening. I more so want to see if they change the theme, Hocus Pocus has been going since 2015 so it’s time to change it up but won’t know that part until after they’ve announced the dates.

Last edited:
I more so want to see if they change the theme, Hocus Pocus has been going since 2015 so it’s time to change it up but won’t know that part until after they’ve announced the dates.
This! I'm not as concerned about the dates - I can always book a new hotel room and I'm holding off on plane tickets. But I'm wicked curious about what they actually announce for the party, any new events, new overlays, new shows, etc.

I have a week in September booked and i figure theyll be 2 days to choose from within our dates. Even when the tickets go on sale to resort guests , which i am, im going to wait the week and then get our tickets from AAA for a 30-40 discount. The tickets dont sell out That quick for regular days. Worked fine for the Christmas party as well.
Thank you for this - I had no idea there were AAA discounts available!

But the thing with F&G and F&W they weren’t truly cut short this year. They are starting at their normal timeframe precovid. The last couple years they started everything super early to get people back in the parks and now they no longer need to do that so the festivals resumed their normal timeframes. So there’s no reason to assume the party would be any different. Precovid the party started, Aug 16th in 2019, so if anything they will probably start it then. I really don’t see them starting it Aug 9th as that would be extremely early and, in my opinion, ridiculous. Halloween isn’t a summer event and they were pushing it with mid Aug as it is. But we will see when something official comes out.
I didn’t say they were cut short. I know what and why Disney did what they did. The point of my post is that Disney should appreciate the need to communicate the dates early for planning purposes. I’m not advocating for any certain date or to keep it a certain way or even that we get to buy tickets for the event now. It would just be nice to know the dates - especially since Disney seems to want more DVC members - maybe help us out a bit around our 11 month booking windows by getting these event dates out earlier.

I didn’t say they were cut short. I know what and why Disney did what they did. The point of my post is that Disney should appreciate the need to communicate the dates early for planning purposes. I’m not advocating for any certain date or to keep it a certain way or even that we get to buy tickets for the event now. It would just be nice to know the dates.
Yep. If Disney is firm on the MNSSHP dates and pricing, they should just announce the dates. They’re not doing themselves any favours by keeping it to themselves.

Yep. If Disney is firm on the MNSSHP dates and pricing, they should just announce the dates. They’re not doing themselves any favours by keeping it to themselves.
Lets put it this way - if they know the Disneyland start date, they know the WDW start date. Also if they have already put out casting calls for the party, which we know they have ( my daughter is in the theatre program at TXST and gets the notices) they know the start date, how many events, etc. They may not have all of the party details finalized, but I don’t see why they can’t get the dates out. Regardless - I will just keep waiting and hope we hear something on May 7th. 🤞

Well it looks like I'll know for sure tomorrow, but does anyone agree with me that Wed 10/30 is likely NOT a party day, and 10/31 and 11/1 likely will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter