"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Tiana’s isn’t a new ride and just a retheming so there’s a good chance there won’t be any AP/DVC/D23 previews, they don’t normally do them for retheming just brand new rides.

Regarding MNSSHP everyone just needs to be patient, they will announce it when they announce it. They may go back to precovid dates like they’ve done with the festivals this year, they may go back to everyone having the same on sale dates instead of resort guests buying a week early. Santa may show up to see the Sanderson sisters this year, no one knows and there’s no point in speculating at this time as it just gets people all worked up.
I totally get what you are saying with having patience but people are planning and spending thousands. We have hotel booked but not air and don’t want to do that until we can grab tickets. We won’t go if it doesn’t line up . Seems like every day airfare is going up .. not to mention the other plans yet to be made IF it all alignsthat have to be made ( rental cars/dog kennels etc etc )
And I’m sure it will drop while I’m at work because ha ha that’s how things always go

I totally get what you are saying with having patience but people are planning and spending thousands. We have hotel booked but not air and don’t want to do that until we can grab tickets. We won’t go if it doesn’t line up . Seems like every day airfare is going up .. not to mention the other plans yet to be made IF it all alignsthat have to be made ( rental cars/dog kennels etc etc )
And I’m sure it will drop while I’m at work because ha ha that’s how things always go
I can't imagine planning an entire trip around a 4 hour party. I've always been of the mindset that if I can do it great and if not oh well.

I think you raise a great point, especially considering how early people start planning their vacations. Disney should understand and appreciate this particularly around, if nothing else, DVC members who book at the 11 month window specifically for these types of events. We can look at what just happened with F&W fest to see how that news impacted people with reservations in August expecting a F&W fest kick off, that is now in the last week of Aug on the 29th. I understand Disney wanting to change things up a bit but they really need to appreciate why their guests want the communication out early - not because they are antsy and trying to get first dibs - its because they are trying to plan months in advance.

I can't imagine planning an entire trip around a 4 hour party. I've always been of the mindset that if I can do it great and if not oh well.

I know families and friends that go specifically for MNSSHP. I guess some would say “Then just go around October or Halloween” but that is not always the easy answer due to schedules.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why people who are clearly blasé about the Halloween party are on this thread specifically commenting telling people who really want Halloween party news to stop speculating and calm down. If people have news to put forward or share about the Halloween party then surely this is the place to do it IMO…

I don’t understand why people who are clearly blasé about the Halloween party are on this thread specifically commenting telling people who really want Halloween party news to stop speculating and calm down. If people have news to put forward or share about the Halloween party then surely this is the place to do it IMO…
Yeah, it’s pretty obnoxious tbh. I have a trip booked in August specifically for MNSSHP using DVC points that I’ll end up having to cancel (and it’s too late to book later in the season using those points).

I know families and friends that go specifically for MNSSHP. I guess some would say “Then just go around October or Halloween” but that is not always the easy answer due to schedules.
We do that. We do a trip every year specifically for the party, always in August and/or September. This works better for our schedules than going in October.

oh honey! Last year we planned two trips around a four hour party. One in August, and in case of hurricane a back up trip, in October. Ended up doing both and going to 4 MNSSHP! Halloween is the most important part of our year. Until they bring back Villains After Hours it's the only reason we have to go to Disney.

We are anxiously awaiting the announcement of dates. MNSSHP is a bucket list item for me and DD. A vacation of any sort is a splurge for us and we have been saving for a long time. We both work at schools and time off is difficult to get. We can't plan much of our trip until we get party dates. So we wait.... not so patiently. 🙃😆

A special event ticket is certainly something to book your trip around, IMO. I actually booked my trip last year around the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party. I’ve never been before, and always wanted to do it. I changed my dates so my last day there was at the party, checking out the next day. I had the best time, and I’m waiting for the dates for MNSSHP because I’ve always wanted to do it and want to plan it for the last night again.

I know I’m not alone in this but we specifically book a trip late Aug or early Sep specifically for this “4-hr party”. We love the Halloween theming, dressing up, etc. we do however make this at least an 8-10 day trip each year. When else can adults dress up and “trick or treat”?! 😁

Always gonna be those that love to rain, but the DIS has a solution to that and I use that little ignore button liberally :rolleyes:

A special event ticket is certainly something to book your trip around, IMO. I actually booked my trip last year around the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party. I’ve never been before, and always wanted to do it. I changed my dates so my last day there was at the party, checking out the next day. I had the best time, and I’m waiting for the dates for MNSSHP because I’ve always wanted to do it and want to plan it for the last night again.
I booked a trip last year specifically for Candlelight so if anyone feels a bit embarrassed at booking a trip around a 4 hour party don't- I did one for 40 min show you can see on Youtube!

People do it all the time for out of State/Province/Country weddings.
And I’d rather go to the Halloween party then someone’s wedding. Lol.

LOL. DH used to use “sorry, we’re out of town that weekend” as an excuse to avoid weddings, especially for invites from acquaintances that we really don’t know well. Then, he’d feel guilty for lying and have me book a trip to WDW so he wouldn’t be. A win in my books, I’d much rather go to Disney than a wedding…

LOL. DH used to use “sorry, we’re out of town that weekend” as an excuse to avoid weddings, especially for invites from acquaintances that we really don’t know well. Then, he’d feel guilty for lying and have me book a trip to WDW so he wouldn’t be. A win in my books, I’d much rather go to Disney than a wedding…
So now you look forward to those wedding invitations. :p

Right! Let those of us who are excited to plan a whole trip around "a 4 hour party" have our moment! I have literally flown from Ohio to WDW for less than 24 hours to attend a MNSSHP and I'll do it again!

I booked a trip last year specifically for Candlelight so if anyone feels a bit embarrassed at booking a trip around a 4 hour party don't- I did one for 40 min show you can see on Youtube!

I've considered doing this for Simple Plan at Garden Rocks many, many times before! My coworker last year flew to Disney from Philly for 24 hours just to see Simple Plan and if I hadn't just gotten back from my own trip, I would have joined her!

I have a week in September booked and i figure theyll be 2 days to choose from within our dates. Even when the tickets go on sale to resort guests , which i am, im going to wait the week and then get our tickets from AAA for a 30-40 discount. The tickets dont sell out That quick for regular days. Worked fine for the Christmas party as well.

I have a week in September booked and i figure theyll be 2 days to choose from within our dates. Even when the tickets go on sale to resort guests , which i am, im going to wait the week and then get our tickets from AAA for a 30-40 discount. The tickets dont sell out That quick for regular days. Worked fine for the Christmas party as well.
Had no idea you could get them for that much of a discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter