• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

October 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy Healthy Halloween

I'm at the peak of the prednisone side effects. Today is my 59th birthday, and I started off the day sad and weepy. I was thinking of my Mom whose birthday was on October 2nd, and I was just missing her and I just cried. I started feeling really uncomfortable in my own skin, so I thought I'd better do something. So, I steam-cleaned the upstairs bathroom very thoroughly. Then I switched my fall/winter clothes with spring/summer leaving out a few items that can be worn in all seasons. I moved some furniture around in my bedroom to accommodate my new humidifier that will arrive today. After that manic whirlwind of activity, I essentially crashed. Now I can't move. But at least I'm not crying anymore. I can't wait for this medication to leave my body.

I'm thankful that I have four more days to heal before returning to my chaotic work environment.
I'm thankful for all of the good things in my life that I take for granted.

I'm thankful for all of you.

Thank you for letting me vent.
No thanks needed - I'd feel exactly the same way!! It's horrible that they won't help. ☹️

:hug: @Summer2018 - I had to take prednisone before, and I understand. I love that you channeled it into cleaning! And I'm sorry it is all happening around your birthday. I think you deserve to pick a make-up day!! Tell your family we said so. :teeth:

My thankfuls today -
1) that we got the pool closed yesterday
2) that DS is off work today
3) that one if the cats is cuddling me right now

Happy Friday everyone.

Yesterday during my reflexology appointment I settled in and calmed down in a way I hadn't before and afterward when I asked her how my feet felt she said she had worked on some points related to ADHD. At the beginning of the appointment I had told her I was dysregulated from all the travel, which is why she had thought to do those points, so it was really interesting to have had that settling reaction. I'm really hopefully that it will be a baseline for me to get back on track.

Big plans for the weekend: tomorrow I'll start the day by going to a neighboring town for a sheep-to-shawl fiber festival which is being held on the grounds of a mansion that's been turned in to a museum, so double the fun. Then I'll spend most of the day working outside doing fall clean up and planting some tulips. Sunday I'll start with a good long beach walk, then will probably work on indoor stuff. Plus I'm carving out some crafting time, I got a cute set of pictures to do watercolors on and of course there's always the knitting. And there will be reading as well, I'm working on "The Marriage Portrait" and a book on ADHD, again to help me get back on track.

Last edited:
We don't have too much planned - we're going to go see the movie Dumb Money tonight. I remember when the whole Game Stop thing happened with the stock market, but I never read much about it, so I'm kind of looking forward to seeing part of the story tonight.

I've texted DD2 to see if they could possibly meet for dinner tonight. She and her boyfriend don't live too far from where we're going. I don't see her nearly often enough, so I'm hoping they can!

Tomorrow is the Apple Festival in our town and we'll probably go there for lunch. I know I'm meeting my sister, but not sure if DH will come along or not. There are always a lot of local crafters, so maybe I'll find a couple of Christmas presents! They also have tours of the one of the oldest houses in the county that the historical society has purchased and made into a museum of sorts. There are also buildings that have been moved from other parts of the county like a one room school house and some old cabins that you can tour. They have put a lot of work into making it into a great area and the festival is always a nice kick off to fall!

Kicked off the weekend with a haircut and a pedi. Was supposed to get together with 3 friends after which turned into 1 but we had a nice quick visit regardless.
Was proud of my eating choices between yesterday and today. Tonight instead of grabbing a burger and fries I opted for tacos. I prefer them and they are considerably fresher from a local family restaurant than a fast food place.
Yesterday was rough food wise. Work had donuts and ice cream! Well instead of grabbing a donut I opted for a small bag of fruit snacks. When it came to ice cream I did not grab the giant cookie ice cream sandwich like I wanted, I opted for a smaller klondike-like bar and left about a quarter of it uneaten. Working on making small changes. Also managed 3 moderate walks this week.
Tomorrow DH and DS8 have haircuts and DD has dance class. Bought the ingredients to make pumpkin based brownies and protein breakfast cookies. Might make one or both of them this weekend if the kids cooperate.

Happy Saturday!!! I have some fall trivia for everyone! Answers will be given tomorrow!
Pumpkin Facts 🎃

Are pumpkins a fruit or vegetable?

Which state grows the most pumpkins?

How many seeds does a pumpkin have?

What is the only continent that does not grow pumpkins?

TRUE/FALSE You can eat every part of a pumpkin:

So nice to hear everyone is set up for a good weekend!!!
We had a great time at the craft fair Thursday I got 2 things that I absolutely adore-pics below!

Yesterday was our towns “First Friday” which they do the first Friday or every month, they open our market in the evening and all the restaurants downtown have specials. Last night was the Halloween celebration and the SPCA hosted a pet parade. DH and I volunteered we each transported/handled an adoptable dog and did set up/tear down. It was a huge success!

Today I am assisting in a dog walking training class in the morning and this afternoon our church is hosting its annual fall festival for the community. It’s a free event with bounce houses, games, snacks, bingo, s’more making…DH, DD and I all have a volunteer spot we signed up for so looking forward to that!

Tomorrow is church and my week at the coffee bar for 2nd service.

I am looking forward to being off Monday for the Holiday with 0 plans!!image.jpg
Shelf I purchased!

image.jpg
Wall decor purchased!

Are pumpkins a fruit or vegetable? - fruit

Which state grows the most pumpkins? - Nebraska

How many seeds does a pumpkin have? - around 500

What is the only continent that does not grow pumpkins? - Antarctica

TRUE/FALSE You can eat every part of a pumpkin: - true

Pumpkin Facts 🎃

Are pumpkins a fruit or vegetable?
Fruit.

Which state grows the most pumpkins?
I want to say a state in New England, but I’m going to guess New York.

How many seeds does a pumpkin have?

What is the only continent that does not grow pumpkins?
Asia.

TRUE/FALSE You can eat every part of a pumpkin:
True.

Today is another day of rest for me. I still have a cough, but I do feel like there’s some improvement. I’m almost done with the prednisone. I look forward to regaining my sanity.

DD and her boyfriend are out for the day, which I really appreciate. DH, DD, the boyfriend, and I are going out for brunch tomorrow to finally celebrate my birthday.

I have Monday off so I have 3 days left to get back to normal for work. Hopefully I will be ready.

I was planning on getting my covid vaccine and flu vaccine next weekend, but now I have to wait a month because of the prednisone lowering my immune system. Ugh. So I am back to wearing masks and distancing in order to protect myself from all of the germs. ☹️

It is what it is. Anyway, I will make the most of my time at home away from people.

My guesses:

Are pumpkins a fruit or vegetable? - Fruit

Which state grows the most pumpkins? - Not sure, I'll guess Illinois (my home state) - I know we grow a lot of them, but I"m sure other state do too lol

How many seeds does a pumpkin have? - I'll say around 500

What is the only continent that does not grow pumpkins? - Antartica

TRUE/FALSE You can eat every part of a pumpkin: I would think all but the stem??

I went to our apple fest this morning with my sister and her girls. DS met us there for lunch after he got off work. It was such a beautiful day for it. I did buy one thing, but it wasn't a gift for someone else, it was for me lol!

@PAsFab5 - I love the things you bought. I'll try to post a pic of mine later when I get a few minutes. I just love fall things!

Totally random folks but need opinions. I am in the market for a new fanny pack. Which one would you go with? Mostly for theme park trips so would like to be able to tuck it under my shirt.

Fitter's Niche UltraSlim Fanny Waist Pack – Water Resistant Bag, Reflective Elastic Belt – Fit 24 to 43inch Waists, Holds Phones up to 6.7inch – Ideal for Indoor & Outdoor Workouts, Exercises & Trips https://a.co/d/20tcspA

Slim Running Belt Fanny Pack,Waist Pack Bag for Hiking Cycling Workout,Reflective Runners Belt Jogging Pocket Belt,Travelling Money Phone Holder for Running https://a.co/d/3Q8LlOJ

Happy Sunday - We're going out to eat with my MIL tonight. Everyone else has other things going on, so we thought it would be easier if we just grabbed a quick bite somewhere. I'm a little nervous though because one of my nephews and his wife announced this week that they are splitting up and she moved out. I know my MIL will be very upset about this, so I'm not sure what all she knows about their issues or even what all she knows about her moving out. I guess we'll find out, but I definitely don't want to upset her more about it.

My mom is out of town at another family wedding, so we didn't go over there for lunch as is our usual plan. My sister's family was going out of town to pumpkin pick, so we just had a "do your own thing" lunch and kind of chilling. I'm working on cleaning out a closet in our office/spare bedroom that's been neglected since we moved in. I don't know why I always put these type of things off because I actually kind of enjoy it and definitely enjoy not having to think all of the time about how I really need to work on it lol!

Totally random folks but need opinions. I am in the market for a new fanny pack. Which one would you go with? Mostly for theme park trips so would like to be able to tuck it under my shirt.

Fitter's Niche UltraSlim Fanny Waist Pack – Water Resistant Bag, Reflective Elastic Belt – Fit 24 to 43inch Waists, Holds Phones up to 6.7inch – Ideal for Indoor & Outdoor Workouts, Exercises & Trips https://a.co/d/20tcspA

Slim Running Belt Fanny Pack,Waist Pack Bag for Hiking Cycling Workout,Reflective Runners Belt Jogging Pocket Belt,Travelling Money Phone Holder for Running https://a.co/d/3Q8LlOJ

Those links aren't working for me, but I have a Baggallini that converts between a purse and a fanny pack, and I love it! It's very slim, and the strap just clips in the position you need:

View attachment 800178

View attachment 800177

That looks nice @PollyannaMom - I've never really used a fanny pack/belt bag - I've always carried a crossbody small purse when we travel, but I feel like I need to look into something like this. They are so popular right now and seem very practical!

@ShannyMcB the links are not working for me and it must be something with this site because I tried to post a link and it went to the same site your links did. I was going to just link the one I have and love but apparently I got it so long ago it doesn’t exist anymore 😂 here’s one very similar though…please note these are NOT my abs 🤣

IMG_0228.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter