**October 2016 Check-in!**

Well, today sucks.
I woke up with what feels like the beginning of a sinus infection.:crazy2:
Then the transmission went out in our expedition while i was driving to work. :sad2:
Then I found out I missed a jury summons last month. :rolleyes1
Then I got the quote on fixing the transmission. :sad:

I'm going to drink lots of wine and try to remember vacation starts in 4 days. :scared::scared:

Well, today sucks.
Then the transmission went out in our expedition while i was driving to work. :sad2:

I'm going to drink lots of wine and try to remember vacation starts in 4 days. :scared::scared:

That is a very tough day and it sucks big time! Wine and thinking about your Disneyland vacation are very good cures for what ails you gsrieff!

The count down begins... 8 more days until I'm there. Printed out all of my etickets for MHP, PH's, USH, coupons etc. Got out my DL Mickey backpack & visor hat and am starting to pack everything. I can't wait!!!:cheer2::banana::cool1::hmghost::maleficen I'm just a tad bit excited!!!

Well, today sucks.

So sorry to hear all this! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

We finally got our truck back today! My husband was hit on 8/31. We had about $10,000 in damage. Thank God for auto insurance! It was so nice to be able to shop with my scooter again. Unfortunately, we had to shop for a computer, but I was just happy to be on wheels again.

Holy moly is it busy! I knew it was going to be busy, but not this busy!! On a scale of 1 to 10, it's about an 11. :scared1: We walked to the park at about 8:10 a.m. and the security lines were backed up to almost where the bus pick up is. It took us until around 8:50 to get through it and to the lines to the front gates of Disneyland.

Haunted Mansion had a pretty consistent hour to 1.5 hour wait time all throughout today, with a 2 hour wait time later this evening. Most rides were at 30 minutes or greater. I would say the wait times were averaging 45 minutes, including the smaller Fantasyland rides. A mass of people could be found no matter where you turned.

That being said, I'm still glad to be here! It's incredibly busy, but we're still having fun. I think the crowds will taper off as the week goes on. I'm just glad we're here for a while longer and can take our time.

Holy moly is it busy! I knew it was going to be busy, but not this busy!! On a scale of 1 to 10, it's about an 11. :scared1: We walked to the park at about 8:10 a.m. and the security lines were backed up to almost where the bus pick up is. It took us until around 8:50 to get through it and to the lines to the front gates of Disneyland.

Haunted Mansion had a pretty consistent hour to 1.5 hour wait time all throughout today, with a 2 hour wait time later this evening. Most rides were at 30 minutes or greater. I would say the wait times were averaging 45 minutes, including the smaller Fantasyland rides. A mass of people could be found no matter where you turned.

That being said, I'm still glad to be here! It's incredibly busy, but we're still having fun. I think the crowds will taper off as the week goes on. I'm just glad we're here for a while longer and can take our time.

Oh gosh that is busy. What time was rope drop yesterday: 8 or 9 a.m.? And--glad you're having fun!

Oh gosh that is busy. What time was rope drop yesterday: 8 or 9 a.m.? And--glad you're having fun!

Rope drop was at 8 a.m., but they had EE at Disneyland at 7 a.m. I'm not sure if the security lines slow down later in the morning or if we need to get there earlier. It was crazy!

Also, one of our group can no longer come with. I'm disappointed that Disney wont buy back the MHP ticket or allow us to sell it. You would think they would want the ticket so they can sprinkle some pixie dust on someone who may not be able to go otherwise, because it's sold out.

Edit: I do know that it can be can gifted to someone. It is not my ticket to do so. I don't think they will let it go to waste, but its a bummer she is out the 90 bucks regardless of where the ticket ends up.

Last edited:
Soooo we spontaneously decided today to stay another night! We have to switch hotels to the PP for that last night but I'm ok with it. Do they transfer bags like at WDW?

Also travel documents - if I booked a room only, and am paying for my tickets when I get there, do I have travel documents beyond the confirmation they email? I haven't received anything in the mail and we leave on Sunday!

I just checked the wait times for today on the app and they are off the hook... Are kids out of school this week or something?? Yikes! RSR 120 mins, TSM, HMH 60 mins, Space Mountain 90 mins...Yikes!!! I was trying to get an idea of which park to go to my arrival day....

I just checked the wait times for today on the app and they are off the hook... Are kids out of school this week or something?? Yikes! RSR 120 mins, TSM, HMH 60 mins, Space Mountain 90 mins...Yikes!!! I was trying to get an idea of which park to go to my arrival day....
UEA is Thurs/Fri. Maybe people are just taking the whole week. Here in CO, DD has Fri - Tues off, it seems like a lot of school districts are taking time off in Oct.

I think the reason this week is so busy is because Phoenix/Scottsdale has the whole week off...also parts of Utah and Colorado. Today seems to be better than Tuesday as far as wait times go

I think the reason this week is so busy is because Phoenix/Scottsdale has the whole week off...also parts of Utah and Colorado. Today seems to be better than Tuesday as far as wait times go
Wrong - UEA *Utah's* break is later this month. I took a call at work earlier today from a guy in LA, he said LA schools are out this week, first year ever - Fall break. We drive to Anaheim tomorrow, I hope the weekend crowds are tolerable. We purposely are visiting before UEA.

Wrong - UEA *Utah's* break is later this month. I took a call at work earlier today from a guy in LA, he said LA schools are out this week, first year ever - Fall break. We drive to Anaheim tomorrow, I hope the weekend crowds are tolerable. We purposely are visiting before UEA.
I live in Utah...southern Utah. We have tomorrow and Friday of this week off and are leaving in a few hours for Disneyland. Northern Utahs break aka UEA is next Thursday and Friday

I think there's a link earlier in this thread to a thread about"when are your areas off school?" I'm heading in next Tuesday and Wednesday and I *think*(and pray) it's still much lower crowds, based on most schools not being off middle week in Oct. This week also had Columbus day idk if some areas have that off too? Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter