Northern European Cities cruise

Disneyteachers

Mouseketeer
I have a 24 hour hold on a Northern European cities cruise for July 2017. Looked at a bunch of different lines and this itinerary is definitely something we want. I'm curious if anyone has done it (or going soon.). I have a few questions:

1. How is the ship? With kids?
2. Additional costs with RCL beyond tips.
3. How accessible are the ports once you dock? In Hamburg, DH has something very specific he wants to do that we would need to plan outside the cruise line.
4. Advice?

I have a 24 hour hold on a Northern European cities cruise for July 2017. Looked at a bunch of different lines and this itinerary is definitely something we want. I'm curious if anyone has done it (or going soon.). I have a few questions:

1. How is the ship? With kids?
2. Additional costs with RCL beyond tips.
3. How accessible are the ports once you dock? In Hamburg, DH has something very specific he wants to do that we would need to plan outside the cruise line.
4. Advice?

Which ship, and which ports?

Cruise Critic boards may be a good place to look for information about the ports.

Hamburg has a couple ports some are on the opposite side of the River.

The pier is really close to the City Center and is connected to mass transit. You can take the S Bahn and U Bahn.

What attractions are you looking for, the City Center is really nice to walk around and see and I would recommend the Alster lake, the town hall (Rathaus), St Micheal's Church,

They do have a hop on hop off bus tour that takes you to the major sites in the city. The Reeperbahn is the red light district and isnt so kid friendly just an FYI.

these are all relatively close to each other.

If you have specific questions just let me know, its a great city and I had the chance to live there for over a year.

I havent been to the other ports so I cant help you with those.

Oh i forgot one thing, I would try and watch the ship come down the river Elbe from the sea or on the way out, its a nice view of some of the countryside outside Hamburg and then the city center once you arrive. Its a pleasant journey. Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and has lots to do. If you like models. Miniature Wonderland is fun to see, its the largest HO train display in the world,

I have been looking at this cruise for a high school graduation trip for my daughter and I. The itenerary looks amazing and the price is fabulous, but I have not found much information online regarding the specific cruise. I think it is an unusual itenerary. Let me know if you find anything ;)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter