No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Yes, too much food and too many ADR's and too much having to follow the ADR schedule.
I would rather eat when and where ever with a few ADR's with TIW.
What were they thinking for sure !
Have fun with your beautiful family and give us more ....... !

I eat too much, but that is a different issue. I agree with you about the food choices on ddp. I remember eating those chocolate cake desserts that came with the QS meal. Both my dds were begging not to eat them. But, since we paid for ddp, I was going to get my money worth and ate 3-4 chocolate dessert cakes for lunch. I also remember going home with 20 krispie treats because we had to use up those snack credits.

With TiW, I go where I want, eat what I want, drink what I want, and take my 20% discount.

I eat too much, but that is a different issue. I agree with you about the food choices on ddp. I remember eating those chocolate cake desserts that came with the QS meal. Both my dds were begging not to eat them. But, since we paid for ddp, I was going to get my money worth and ate 3-4 chocolate dessert cakes for lunch. I also remember going home with 20 krispie treats because we had to use up those snack credits.

With TiW, I go where I want, eat what I want, drink what I want, and take my 20% discount.

We did have the please eat me - you paid for it problem !

Now we just over eat with TIW and credit cards !

On the way to Boma. Fun with letters.

WP_20151011_008.jpg

&

WP_20151011_009.jpg

Like all good parents, I ignore the cautions to not sit on the letters.

By the way,just to prove that I am here, this is a picture of us on the bus.

WP_20151010_009.jpg

I post, there for I am. :lmao:

Your daughters are cuties !
Eat me some Boma - we have an ADR for Boma in November !
Love the offerings - everyone finds something they love !
Have you been to Boma for a Breakfast?
It is worth the weight gain !

Boma for breakfast was great. We would definitely return for it. Dinner at Jiko was great and we would definitely return for it.

Boma for dinner. Not so good. Here was my favorite plate.

WP_20151011_014.jpg

I haven't tried dessert yet, but fruit, salad, and safari ale amber beer are the best. I liked the roasted chicken and spiral pasta, but everything else, not so good. It was cooked and tasted fresh, but it was overseasoned to the point of everything tasting the same.

I really looked forward to the seafood stew, but I couldn't tell a taste difference between the shrimp and mussel, only texture difference.

The pumpkin cheesecake dessert was good so far. The vote from everyone else is that Boma is great for breakfast, but no return for dinner.

Last edited:
So, we are heading out to look at Victoria Falls, when CM Todd gets on the elevator with us. He was going Club Level, and was nice enough to smuggle us along. A wonderful view out of the balcony.

WP_20151011_017.jpg

We weren't permitted to join the club level buffet, but he showed us the hidden Mickeys, explained that each shield was handmade in Africa to represent tribal affiliation, the stone Mustafa watching the Savanna, and about the right of passage display unique to AKL.

Some more pictures this trip.

Bo & DW.

WP_20151011_003.jpg

Oldest dd near the waterfall at the bar.

WP_20151011_013.jpg

Outside Boma.

WP_20151011_016.jpg

DW received a cupcake for her birthday.

WP_20151011_015.jpg

I am stuffed. I sampled a lot of food to experience the different flavors. Again, a bit disappointed at Boma, but the Club Level tour made up for it.

Your plate looks yum -
Happy Birthday to your wife !
Sorry you were disappointed with Boma - I love the food.
Another good reason we love Boma is that our daughter who is vegetarian our son who is vegan are treated as royalty.
The chef gives them the tour of the buffet and what is right for them - then makes special meals for them.
Even special dessert !
Lucky you seeing the Club Level !
I have never been up there. Someday will book CL !

Your plate looks yum -
Happy Birthday to your wife !
Sorry you were disappointed with Boma - I love the food.
Another good reason we love Boma is that our daughter who is vegetarian our son who is vegan are treated as royalty.
The chef gives them the tour of the buffet and what is right for them - then makes special meals for them.
Even special dessert !
Lucky you seeing the Club Level !
I have never been up there. Someday will book CL !

Yes, the salad and fruit were great. I should have started and stopped with those.

Bus over to MK and riding the resort monorail. CMs already lining rope to get ready of mass exodus. One said it was bad last night.

WP_20151011_020.jpg

Did a little shopping at CR & then into the lobby at BLT.

WP_20151011_021.jpg

WP_20151011_022.jpg

Went to TOTWL with some DisDads, a crazy group of dads that love their families and enjoy Disney.

V__7A98.jpg

We enjoyed more beer, pretzels, great conversation, and an amazing view of Wishes. A great way to end the night.

Good morning. We slept in late this AM, tired from a late night at TOTWL & surviving Mario Andretti driving us back on the bus.

WP_20151012_003.jpg

The food court is filled this AM, busier than either weekend day. I hope this isn't an omen of the crowd levels at MNSSHP tonight.

Made it to Disney Springs. Some familiar sites and some changes.

WP_20151012_004.jpg

Tweedle dee and dum are gone. Frozen is here.

WP_20151012_005.jpg

A new topiary and walkway to stairs to parking area.

WP_20151012_006.jpg

A new walkway to Fulton's Crab House.

WP_20151012_007.jpg

Just a cool tshirt.

WP_20151012_008.jpg

Tick Tock is gone. (the crocodile from Captain Hook). But, I still managed to get the clock.

WP_20151012_009.jpg

Did some shopping. DW got a new purse.

Stopped for Wetzel pretzel, Starbucks frappecino, Ghirardelli ice crew, and a frozen margarita.

WP_20151012_010.jpg

Not that I needed to, but I made it to afternoon before my first drink selfie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter