No More Mgm

JAYNED

Earning My Ears
I HAVE READ RUMOURS ON ANOTHER BOARD THAT DISNEY ARE GOING TO DROP THE "MGM" FROM THE STUDIOS NAME. THESE ARE OTHER THINGS I HAVE HEARD:

THEY ARE EITHER RE-DOING THE MOVIE RIDE OR REPLACING IT WITH WITH A "SPIDERMAN" SORT OF RIDE WHERE MICKEY FIGHTS THE VILLIANS.

THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE THEIR NAME TO EITHER

DISNEY STUDIOS FLORIDA OR DISNEY ABC STUDIOS GIVEN THEY HAVE THE LIKES OF "WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONNAIRE" ALREADY IN THE PARK

I WONDERED WHETHER ANYONE ELSE HAD HEARD ABOUT THIS??

In the WDW video I got in February, they refer to it only as Disney Studios, the MGM is nowhere to be seen. When we were there in April, we ate at the ABC Commissary, where they had a 5-10 minute commercial for all the ABC tv shows playing over and over and over on every tv in the place. I found it a little annoying. I loved this park, though, now that you mention it, there was a lot of ABC advertising throughout the park.

The reason you don't see the MGM anywhere in the advertising is because the agreement Disney has with MGM prohibits any advertising for the park to include the MGM tag line.

I think the latest extension to the deal is slated to run for a few more years....although your Disney ABC studios makes a lot of sense synergy wise.

We'll see.

This rumor has been around for about 3 years. The 10 year contract with MGM ran out in 1999 but was renewed for undisclosed amount of time. HBK is right that the videos new feature MGM. However I assure you that all of the signage at the parks still has MGM. I just wish the durn bus drivers would get the name right. It's not Disney Studios of MGM Studios, it is the Disney/MGM Studios.
The rumor about a villians ride replacing the Great Movie Ride has also been around the block a few times and with the building of the sorcerer hat in front of the theater I think it is likely that some sort of change will happen to GMR in the next several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter