News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney CEO Bob Iger was named CEO of the year by Chief Executive Magazine.

"He's been a disruptive innovator in taking the entertainment industry to another level using new media and new technology," added Tom Quinlan, CEO of RR Donelly, in a news release. Donnelly was on the selection committee for the award. "He took a great brand and made it better, which isn't easy to do."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...-2014-ceo-of-the-year-20140714,0,6055681.post

Jim Hill interview will mousechat.net #2

5. Comcast is looking at Universal as a growing resort, Disney sees WDW as a Mature resort with too many hotel rooms and they need to make the most out of things. This leads to cuts like the removal of a golf course and additions like the wind down events or Harambe nights.

Yep, Disney did all its growth 10-20 years ago and guest numbers are still going up so they can now focus on getting the most out of what they have by using special events such as the current Frozen events at DHS or Harambe Nights.
If they have too many hotel rooms why are they building more? Or have the realised that resorts such as Saratoga Springs were a waste of time as what would bring people to DVC is a villa at Grand Floridian / Polynesian / Contempory / Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Nothing has been released it's from insiders the permits were filed for another resort those can be found on parkscope. The pricing for DVC at the poly hasn't even been released yet and that is well underway in construction.

Got it! :thumbsup2

I'm waiting on the Poly DVC prices/points. Thanks for all of your updates!

2. There are special magic bands for VIPs they are called the Rockstar bands. These bands were given to the media members at the mine train press event and you could walk up to any attraction and get in the FP+ line without booking a FP.

Yeah, I'd pay good money for one of those! Of course, if too many people had them, you could end up having inflated ride times. I see the positives and negatives of it. Positive only being if you're the one who has it.

NORWAY FOR RANSOM!......now that ive got your attention. Disney has been working hard on plans for the Frozen attraction going into Norway, yet they haven't completely forgotten the idea of keeping the ride focused on Norway. Some Disney suits have been to Norway telling the government they need 9 million dollars to make a new Norway ride or else the entire area becomes.....Frozeninated. The people are obviously upset with Disney over the idea although the country is considering giving the money.

NORWAY FOR RANSOM!......now that ive got your attention. Disney has been working hard on plans for the Frozen attraction going into Norway, yet they haven't completely forgotten the idea of keeping the ride focused on Norway. Some Disney suits have been to Norway telling the government they need 9 million dollars to make a new Norway ride or else the entire area becomes.....Frozeninated. The people are obviously upset with Disney over the idea although the country is considering giving the money.
I saw a norway news video about this.

Yeah, I'd pay good money for one of those! Of course, if too many people had them, you could end up having inflated ride times. I see the positives and negatives of it. Positive only being if you're the one who has it.

Thats why its probably going to be only used by VIPs

I would rather see Norway spruce it up. Frozen can go in Hollywood studios instead. That park needs more Princesses

You know maybe Norway will give some money...maybe....probably not. It would be interesting to see if Norway does give the money and then they refurb the ride. So maybe there is a little hope.
I doubt it will happen I see frozen on its way.

Construction permits have just been filed for 'Rivers of Light' construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom suggesting there will be at least two viewing areas for the water based show.

The permits include (Thanks to WDWMAGIC forum member danlb_2000 for spotting the permits):

Asia Viewing Area
Asia Viewing Area Control Building
Dinoland EER Completion
Dinoland Viewing Area
Discovery Island Light Bunkers Completion
Information released so far on the new nighttime show has been limited, with Disney so far only saying, "Rivers of Light promises to be an innovative show unlike anything ever seen in Disney Parks, combining live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery. The show will magically come to life on the broad, natural stage of the Discovery River, between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest, delighting our guests and truly capping off a full day of adventures at Disney’s Animal Kingdom".

Rivers of Light is expected to open in March 2016.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...uction-suggest-at-least-two-viewing-areas.htm

"While the rest of Europe remains mired in financial crisis, Norway has quietly been amassing a huge fortune which reached 5.11 trillion crowns ($828 billion), according to figures from the country’s central bank - Norges Bank."

It looks like Norway can afford more than nine million dollars. That is about 0.00001% of the above mentioned national fund. Looks like 9 citizens out of 5 million Norwegians would no longer be theoretical millionaires.

Let the renovations begin.

Kevin

The video I saw had the Norwegians upset with Norway's government for not contributing to the pavilion, not Disney for asking.

Magic Carpets of Aladdin are closing in November for a refurbishment.
Beginning November 10 through to November 21 2014, with a reopening to guests on November 22 2014.

"It's Tough to be a Bug" is currently closed for refurbishment and it appears that the downtime of the queue is being used to also work on the Tree of Life.

A high reach crane is in position working on the upper areas of the structure. It isn't clear if this is work related to the structure itself, or installing upgrades for future nighttime shows at the park.

The area around the Tree of Life has been covered in safety netting since a part of a branch fell into the queue area in April 2012.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...fe-during-tough-to-be-a-bug-refurbishment.htm

Magic Carpets of Aladdin are closing in November for a refurbishment.
Beginning November 10 through to November 21 2014, with a reopening to guests on November 22 2014.

"It's Tough to be a Bug" is currently closed for refurbishment and it appears that the downtime of the queue is being used to also work on the Tree of Life.

A high reach crane is in position working on the upper areas of the structure. It isn't clear if this is work related to the structure itself, or installing upgrades for future nighttime shows at the park.

The area around the Tree of Life has been covered in safety netting since a part of a branch fell into the queue area in April 2012.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...fe-during-tough-to-be-a-bug-refurbishment.htm

They need to fix that tree. Its shameful they have to net up the queue.

They need to fix that tree. Its shameful they have to net up the queue.
They did fix it the net is there for precaution incase it happens again. It was a freak incident but they don't want it to happen when guests are there and someone gets hurt.

They did fix it the net is there for precaution incase it happens again. It was a freak incident but they don't want it to happen when guests are there and someone gets hurt.

It shouldn't have happened in the first place it my main point. it happened due to the lack of work on the tree when the budget was slashed. That tree stopped getting the care it deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter