News Round Up 2016

I'm referring to the location in which the photo is taken, not anything to do with the ride itself.
Uber can not be allowed onto Disney resort property. We took on during the Princess 1/2 and had one Uber cancel on us and then another one call us to ask us if we could meet them on the road. Oddly after we agreed security allowed them to come on the resort property to pick us up, but he told us it was a common problem with Disney security. He went on to tell us that it was hit and miss, that some guards would just let them in and some would interrogate them extensively.

I have had nothing but excellent service from Uber the handful of times I have used them.
we used uber on our last trip down at the world. They were able to drive and pick us up at pop and drive us to yacht club with no issues. Our driver had to show an ID at the security booth but other than that no issues.

TV News

Set you DVRs! Turner Classic Movies' (TCM) latest installment of "Treasures of the Disney Vault" will air on Thursday, September 8. I've included the schedule below and all times are Eastern.

8:00pm - Mickey Shorts: Tugboat Mickey (1940) and Boat Builders (1938)
8:30pm - Treasure Island (1950) (Disney's first live action film)
10:15pm - Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1956)
11:45pm - Disneyland Around the Seasons (1966)
1:00am - Those Calloways (1965)
3:30am - A Country Coyote Goes Hollywood (1965)
4:15am - Midnight Madness (1980)

As usual, I'm excited for the shorts and the first few features. The concluding three seem pretty obscure but I'll give them a chance.

TV News

Set you DVRs! Turner Classic Movies' (TCM) latest installment of "Treasures of the Disney Vault" will air on Thursday, September 8. I've included the schedule below and all times are Eastern.

As usual, I'm excited for the shorts and the first few features. The concluding three seem pretty obscure but I'll give them a chance.

Yay!! I am shocked, though, as Disney & Turner Classics have chosen to not renew their partnership.
Will def set our DVR :)

Rumor (don't want to be off topic. ;))

The old heads are on stakes in Iger's office in case you are wondering. A warning to anyone else who might question his leadership and commitment to the Mouse.

Three posts back LOL loaded the board with "what was wrong with their old heads"...... And the ball was up.... and before I could even put together a decent response, you spiked it.

Really ....An Hour....Seriously?:confused3

Yea for Animal Kingdom getting back is not fun. For Epcot area resorts, Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk. It would be more then an hour long process. First, you have to wait for the bus, which is usually the longest part. If you are lucky and the bus is there then it isn't as bad more like 30 minutes. But waiting for the bus is usually like a 20 - 30 minute process. On the way back you have to stop by Blizzard Beach then stop by each resort, which they are close but still stopping and waiting multiple times. I would go to Animal Kingdom way more, if it wasn't such a hassle to go to.

While with Uber, I can be towards the exit of the park. Pull up the Uber app, request for a ride. By the time I get to the pick up spot, the car is there. Wait time 0 minutes because the car is there upon arrival, get back to Epcot resort within 10 minutes. Cost me maybe $10. While going on the bus, that would be 30 minutes at a minimum, most likely 50 minutes. This is why I love Uber. It is about the consumer.

I know it sounds kind of bad, but I value that time of getting back and forward because that is more relax time at the resort or at the park rather then on a bus. I don't mind the monorail transportation or boat transportation because that is almost like an attraction. But the bus transportation has always bothered me.

Yea for Animal Kingdom getting back is not fun. For Epcot area resorts, Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk. It would be more then an hour long process. First, you have to wait for the bus, which is usually the longest part. If you are lucky and the bus is there then it isn't as bad more like 30 minutes. But waiting for the bus is usually like a 20 - 30 minute process. On the way back you have to stop by Blizzard Beach then stop by each resort, which they are close but still stopping and waiting multiple times. I would go to Animal Kingdom way more, if it wasn't such a hassle to go to.

Yes, I remember the hassle of getting to AK and also Downtown Disney from the Beach Club. Sometimes the bus also would stop at Blizzard Beach on the way to AK which would add at least another 10 minutes. My first stay at the BC in about 8 years is coming up in October. I'm glad I'll be driving on this trip so I can drive over to AK and Disney Springs.

News

California Adventure only annual pass to be introduced September 1st.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/08/disney-california-adventure-annual-pass-introduced-september-1st/

That seems like a weird pass. It would be like a DHS-only pass at WDW. While there's some good stuff at DCA - only going to DCA for a year would seem like something is severely lacking. It's possible some people may do it for the (realative) affordability - it seems to be almost half the price of a full Disneyland pass.

TV News

We really look forward to these. It sometimes takes us a while to get through them all, and some we skip (I'm learning that Disney made some really horrible live action movies - "Hot Lead and Cold Feet" from the last round was really terrible - But I've never seen Treasure Island, Davy Crockett and the River Pirates sounds like it was from the 2nd round of Davy Crockett episodes, good chance we'll watch both of those.

Disneyland Around the Seasons: Walt takes viewers on yet another tour of Disneyland to point out some of the newest additions to the park, including New Orleans Square, It's a Small World and Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln. Since this is from 1966, must have been very shortly before he passed.

Those Calloways and Country Coyote Goes Hollywood sound maybe not that interesting, but Midnight Madness might be interesting as it sounds like one of the "wacky race" movies of the 70s and 80s (ie.. Mad, Mad, Mad World and Cannonball Run). These movies are generally pretty dumb, but sometimes fun to watch for their silliness.

That seems like a weird pass. It would be like a DHS-only pass at WDW. While there's some good stuff at DCA - only going to DCA for a year would seem like something is severely lacking. It's possible some people may do it for the (realative) affordability - it seems to be almost half the price of a full Disneyland pass.

I wonder if it's more along the lines of the Epcot pass. While not quite as many eating locations, it does have several lounges, a couple of upscale restaurants, a princess meal, and several forms of both day and nighttime entertainment

ETA: DCA also can stand on it's own as a theme park much more than DHS can. There are 29 listings under attractions ranging from kids to thrill rides, shows, and tours. Then with WOC, Cars Land (arguably the most popular area at DLR), the Frozen show, and Marvel in the future, it's not a bad option

This just makes no sense to me. Beyond pointless in my opinion. And only available at Costco?! What?!?
Costco seems to be getting more popular. Until this year we didn't have any costcos in my area which is a heavily populated one and now we have a couple of them. It's weird but I'm sure they see a need for it somewhere.

This just makes no sense to me. Beyond pointless in my opinion. And only available at Costco?! What?!?

Costco travel has several Disney travel plans. We actually did our Disneyland trip through them at a substantial discount and it was fully loaded with a couple freebies thrown in. So, Costco and Disney have a long standing travel partnership. Not an unusual expansion of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter