New Changes to Rancho Del Zocalo in Disneyland

The Whole Enchilada

Colorful painted tiles, soothing fountains, adobe archways and hanging plants adorn this peaceful Spanish-style oasis. Take a welcome break in the shade or eat inside under the gentle glow of star-shaped Mexican glass lanterns...

This is how the restaurant is currently still described on the website, but not an enchilada found on the menu. This whole thing is weird. So does anyone know if there are still disposable plastic utensils or you have to purchase the reusable utensils if you prefer that to eating with your hands? I played around on both the app and the website using a variety of dates and this never comes up for me, seems others are having that same issue. We probably won't bother to eat here or try to (used to be one of our main stays for a variety of reasons), no enchiladas at a Mexican Restaurant, no rice and beans, no mainstream dip options with chips, that's just odd. Our upcoming trip will likely be our last (or very infrequent) as Disney over the last few years is just making one disappointing change after another (while costs continue to soar). I can deal with change, but these changes and so many others are beyond ridiculous.
Technically beans, rice and salsa/dips are available, they just have to be purchased separately.

1715361288906.png

So does anyone know if there are still disposable plastic utensils or you have to purchase the reusable utensils if you prefer that to eating with your hands?
Disneyland (and DCA) restaurants have been selling disposable utensils for quite a while. They still have plastic disposable utensils as well. It is analogous to purchasing a drink in a paper cup vs a collectable reusable cup or popcorn in a traditional cardboard disposable holder vs a plastic collectable. They are trying to do the same thing with the utensils but it doesn't have the same appeal.

We ate lunch here yesterday, and it was quite busy. I had the beef bowl and it was not something I would get again. Some of the meat was fatty, and it never mentioned that greens (shredded cabbage?) were apart of it. My husband enjoyed the carne asada fries, but he said it was quite spicy.

I cannot find it on the app for reservations..currently only BB has Fantasmic packages. I hope this changes. Whay happened to River Bellehaving F! Dining? I haven't been since 2021

I cannot find it on the app for reservations..currently only BB has Fantasmic packages. I hope this changes. Whay happened to River Bellehaving F! Dining? I haven't been since 2021
As far as I know as of now BB is the only option all of this talk about it being a Fantasmic dining location is just conjecture at this point.

Here is the info on Rancho Del Zocalo packages. It's interesting they refer to it as Mexican Korean fusion
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante – Standard Package
Feast on Mexican-Korean fusion style cuisine with a tasty 3-course meal for lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

For lunch and dinner, your menu options are the same.

Adult Menu
Choose from an array of tasty entrees, including:

Chile Verde Riblet
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Taco
Potato Tacos (plant-based)
Sweet and Savory Carne Asada
Each entrée is served with Radish Slaw, Cilantro-lime Rice, Korean Potato Salad, Refried Beans, Cortadillo and a fountain beverage choice.

Kid’s Menu

Pick a tasty entrée:

Kid's Riblet
Kid's Potato Taco (plant-based)
Kid's Mac and Cheese
Each kid’s entrée is served with a Cuties® Mandarin Orange, Cortadillo and a refreshing beverage choice.

To book:

Select “Check Availability” on this page to reserve this dining package.
Availability is limited.

Package Pricing

Lunch: $35 per Guest (ages 10+); $25 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
Dinner: $35 per Guest (ages 10+); $25 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
Times

Lunch: 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Dinner: 3:30 PM to 8:30 PM

Here is the info on Rancho Del Zocalo packages. It's interesting they refer to it as Mexican Korean fusion
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante – Standard Package
Feast on Mexican-Korean fusion style cuisine with a tasty 3-course meal for lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

For lunch and dinner, your menu options are the same.

Adult Menu
Choose from an array of tasty entrees, including:

Chile Verde Riblet
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Taco
Potato Tacos (plant-based)
Sweet and Savory Carne Asada
Each entrée is served with Radish Slaw, Cilantro-lime Rice, Korean Potato Salad, Refried Beans, Cortadillo and a fountain beverage choice.

Kid’s Menu

Pick a tasty entrée:

Kid's Riblet
Kid's Potato Taco (plant-based)
Kid's Mac and Cheese
Each kid’s entrée is served with a Cuties® Mandarin Orange, Cortadillo and a refreshing beverage choice.

To book:

Select “Check Availability” on this page to reserve this dining package.
Availability is limited.

Package Pricing

Lunch: $35 per Guest (ages 10+); $25 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
Dinner: $35 per Guest (ages 10+); $25 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
Times

Lunch: 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Dinner: 3:30 PM to 8:30 PM
The slaw and potato salad are so weird. Lol. I think if we go this route I’ll ask if I can get double rice and beans instead.

Mexican-Korean Fusion, who thought that was a good idea, they're not exactly neighbours. My personal opinion is that since the new Mexican Restaurant opened in DTD there has been a caveat put on what Disney can have in the way of Mexican food in the park. Probably part of the deal they struck with the owner of the new restaurant. I can't think of any other reason to change the menu when it was soooo popular and good before.

Mexican-Korean Fusion, who thought that was a good idea, they're not exactly neighbours. My personal opinion is that since the new Mexican Restaurant opened in DTD there has been a caveat put on what Disney can have in the way of Mexican food in the park. Probably part of the deal they struck with the owner of the new restaurant. I can't think of any other reason to change the menu when it was soooo popular and good before.
Korean tacos are pretty commonplace in California (kalbi tacos etc) and they are usually pretty good, they just don’t usually call them “Korean Mexican fusion” lol. Not sure about Disneys version though.

There's a Mexican Korean fusion restaurant near me and it's actually really good. I was wary of it at first but the flavors actually go well together. I usually get the Bulgolgi tacos with "Mexican sauce" (unsure of what it is exactly - it's a very light green colored sauce and it's VERY spicy).

Sorry for going slightly off topic. Been lurking on this thread and the decisions made with this restaurant are...odd. I ate here on my last trip and enjoyed it.

There's a Mexican Korean fusion restaurant near me and it's actually really good. I was wary of it at first but the flavors actually go well together. I usually get the Bulgolgi tacos with "Mexican sauce" (unsure of what it is exactly - it's a very light green colored sauce and it's VERY spicy).

Sorry for going slightly off topic. Been lurking on this thread and the decisions made with this restaurant are...odd. I ate here on my last trip and enjoyed it.

Yeah, I've had bulgogi tacos - it isn't that unusual. That said, what on the new Rancho del Zocalo menu is actually Korean inspired?

Yeah, I've had bulgogi tacos - it isn't that unusual. That said, what on the new Rancho del Zocalo menu is actually Korean inspired?
The only thing I noticed was the potato salad which is an odd choice for this menu. Gamja salad is typically served at Korean BBQ restaurants but this is mostly a Mexican inspired menu plus the salad lol

The only thing I noticed was the potato salad which is an odd choice for this menu. Gamja salad is typically served at Korean BBQ restaurants but this is mostly a Mexican inspired menu plus the salad lol

I don't even see that on the menu - is it only for the F! package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter