My Favorites! August 2023 Exercise Challenge

+45 minutes... steps and arms
1120/1395... 80%

Favorite souvenir has to be antenna balls. I've had my car for 20 years and have always had a Disney antenna ball on it, for the last 10 years it's been an Animal Kingdom one, which I just replaced by buying one on eBay. I have to get a new car some time next year and don't know how I'll ever find it because they don't have antenna any longer.
1692972685470.png
My other favorite is my Minnie Hawaiian sweatshirt. It's probably 15+ years old and was one of those "today is colder than expected" purchases. I haven't worn it for most of that time because it was too small but it fits perfectly right now.
1692972909313.png

+45 minutes... steps and arms
1120/1395... 80%

Favorite souvenir has to be antenna balls. I've had my car for 20 years and have always had a Disney antenna ball on it, for the last 10 years it's been an Animal Kingdom one, which I just replaced by buying one on eBay. I have to get a new car some time next year and don't know how I'll ever find it because they don't have antenna any longer.
View attachment 787914
My other favorite is my Minnie Hawaiian sweatshirt. It's probably 15+ years old and was one of those "today is colder than expected" purchases. I haven't worn it for most of that time because it was too small but it fits perfectly right now.
View attachment 787917
Love that sweatshirt so much!

My favorite Disney souvenir is a bride and groom Mickey and Minnie that my husband purchased when he was between deployments. I wasn't on the trip with him but it was so cute that he brought those back for me.

It's been rainy here so I'm not getting much walking done, had to bump up my Apple Fitness from 20 mins to 30.

Apparently I've been having arithmetic struggles so I'm going to do it by week instead of days, lol. Glad I have my watch to keep track!

8/5 - 156
8/12 - 179
8/19 - 278
8/26 - 190

Total so far - 803/930

I have 15 minutes for the evening, walking/jogging in place.

Congrats to PollyannaMom who is Parks Purple and BleuB for becoming Princess Pink!

I have another tough question... Who is your favorite Disney actor/actress?
Lately, I've been enjoying Milo Manheim, star of the Disney Channel movie series ZOMBIES. He was also in the Prom Pact and in Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. I think he has an effortless charisma.
1693018373004.png
I want to shout out Hayley Mills, who was so charming in the Parent Trap and Pollyanna. And Johnny Depp is iconic as Captain Jack Sparrow!

130 minutes - horses - it was soooooooooooooooooooooo hot!!!! 🔥:sad:🔥:sad:🔥:sad:🔥:sad:🔥

1915/2000

You're right, Elizabeth Smith, this latest question is hard! There are so many I really like, but, I agree with you that Milo is excellent! Love him in all three of those projects. However, I adore one of his co-stars even more - Peyton Elizabeth Lee from Andi Mack, Prom Pact, and Doogie Kamealoha.

1693030719608.png

And I just saw that Doogie Kamealoha has been canceled and now I'm super bummed.

Checking in to say I'm not dead ~ just got wholloped with a crazy migraine. Thankfully it cleared up just before when we travel "home". I'm not going to make my weekly goal this week, and I won't make my goal of hitting all my minutes before our trip. BUT! We tend to walk between 7 and 10 miles a day in the parks so I'm feeling pretty good about getting my minutes in next week.

Favorite Disney Souvenir? MNSSHP specific pins, sometimes they're the only way I can remember what happened which year!

Favorite Disney Animal? Tie between the Dolphins at what will forever be SeaBase Alpha to me (you know it as the Seas with Nemo) and the tigers at AK.

Favorite Disney Live Action movie? Avengers! Although the new Haunted Mansion sure is tough to beat. If you haven't seen it yet, go! It's amazing.

Raya: 347/440 - 78%

I skipped yesterday, since it was my birthday... party:
For tonight I have 10 minutes of Chloe Ting to add.

Congrats to Twilight Sparkle for reaching Restaurant Red!
So, the question is, what is your favorite Disney Restaurant/Meal?
I'm going to go with Satuli Canteen, even though it's just a quick service spot!
Late Lunch at Satuli by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr
I love the cheeseburger pods...
Late Lunch at Satuli by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr
...and the bowls! You'll notice both plates I have pictures of are half-eaten. They are so delicious, I can't stop to take a photo before diving in!

I'd also like to say that Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' at Disney Springs is a favorite. I love the deviled eggs and, of course, the fried chicken!
Homecomin' by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr
Thigh High Chicken Biscuits by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr

290 minutes - horses and a little over 6 mile run - I started out pretty sore today from yesterday's run, but somehow I feel great after riding and doing barn chores - go figure!

2205/2000

Favorite Disney Restaurant/Meal - my most favorite has not returned since the pandemic: afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room at Grand Floridian. I really hope it returns before our January trip.

I also really like Nomad Lounge (highly recommend the bread service, their salad - they get their produce from Living with the Land, and - if they have it - their butternut squash soup which beats Boma's by a gazillion times), the crispy tofu noodle bowl at Satu'li Canteen, Boma for breakfast and dinner, Hollywood Brown Derby (my favorite things there are the Cobb Salad with no meat and the grapefruit martini but their other plant based offerings have always been very good, sometimes just heavier than I needed in the moment so now I stick with the Cobb), and La Creperie de Paris (mostly because their soups are always fantastic)

And finally, happy belated birthday, @Elizabeth Smith !!!
1693198865993.png

Hope you had a great birthday, Elizabeth Smith!

+90

1095/1200

I can’t settle on a favorite Disney restaurant. I really like the dishes at Docking Bay 7. And always have to stop by the Mint Julep Bar at DLR. My new favorite might be Cafe Daisy in Toon Town, with the Granny Goof Tea and the Cheesy Flop-over pizza.

I too miss afternoon tea. At DLR they were themed to princesses, and we had our first tea reservation ready to go for March 14, 2020. Never got there and DLR hasn’t reopened Steakhouse 55.

+ 135 minutes for the weekend

1255/1390... 90%

I'll also go with Julie Andrews for favorite actress.

Satuli is always a must-do, love Nomad and Brown Derby. My other favorite is Flying Fish, I usually do walk-up and sit at the bar but this time I booked an ADR and will have a real table.

For the 67th time I am not going to be a witch for Halloween. I've decided to wear my orange linen dress, which I was taking with me anyway, and will get some of the cute pumpkin ears.... keeping it simple because it will still be hot, even after the storm blows thru this week.

Today was tough, not going to lie! Charles has not been sleeping well lately, and it's all starting to catch up with me. To cheer myself up, I had a 40 minute walk/dance party to one of my favorite albums. And with that, I have reached Restaurant Red! So has Oneanne, sophy1996, and the TEAM! And Twilight Sparkle has reached Favorite Green!

Let's discuss our favorite Disney characters! Who is your favorite animated character? I love Pooh bear, as I have already mentioned as it relates to the sidekicks question. Dumbo is another favorite. He's just too cute!
1693274765685.png

And what about a favorite Live Action character? I'm going to say Zed from Zombies. A more enduring answer would probably be Queen Clarisse Renaldi from the Princess Diaries.
1693274883555.png

Checking in from a very wet Disney World! We had great conditions for our Not So Scary party last night (after a little burst of rain) but today is a downpour. I guess that's what Tropical Storms do. Not sure how much walking around Animal Kingdom we'll actually end up doing until the storm passes. :P

124 minutes on Monday, 6.95 miles
84 minutes on Tuesday, 7.13 miles

Raya: 555/440 - 126%

I have a 35 minutes to add from an exercise bike/solo dance party session tonight.

Congrats to Raya for reaching Favorite Green!

Maybe this question will be a bit easier.... What is your favorite Disney Franchise or Series? Are you a big Marvel Fan? A Star Wars nerd? Maybe Pirates of the Caribbean is more your speed? Are you itching with anticipation for a 3rd Frozen film? Is Pixar your pick? Maybe Toy Story, specifically?

I, for one, love the Disney Princess franchise! I don't think I've ever been let down by an official Disney Princess movie, though I haven't seen Raya and the Last Dragon yet. (I didn't even realize she was part of the official line-up. 🙈 I thought Moana was the most recent added to the roster...) As I said, Tiana is my favorite princess, with Rapunzel and Cinderella as my runners-up. Here is my ranking, excluding Raya:

12. Belle
11. Ariel
10. Mulan
9. Merida
8. Pocahontas
7. Jasmine
6. Snow White
5. Moana
4. Aurora
3. Cinderella
2. Rapunzel
1. Tiana

(Edit to Add: Do we have a host for September? I always forget to ask until the very last moment. I seem to remember 3 people, including myself, volunteering for August, so maybe someone has already claimed September? I don't know.)

+85

1225/1200

You probably won't be surprised to know that the favorite franchise in this house is Star Wars. Though fortunately my DH is amenable to non-Star Wars costumes for holiday parties. Since we went to two Oogie Boogie Bashes last year, I relented and for one of him he was the Mandalorian and I was Fennic Shand.

Hope Raya's trip is going well and that Oneanne has a great trip also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter