Menu add ons with the dining plan??

pinchy

Mouseketeer
on a number of menus I have noticed it says you can add things to an entree for an extra cost. One example would be adding shrimp to a pasta dish for an extra $6. Does anyone know if you can include add ons on the dining plan?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you can include add ons on the dining plan?
They wouldn't be "included" but you could pay the extra amount and get the add-on.

bicker said:
They wouldn't be "included" but you could pay the extra amount and get the add-on.

that's annoying... as often even with the add on that entree will cost less than another in the menu

I can understand with things like lobster tails... but I would have thought adding chicken to your pasta would be different

I suppose they could have exceptions to everything, with each restaurant honoring the dining plan differently from the next (so be sure to as)k, but I think, more often than not, having so many random exceptions ends up confusing customers more than it helps them.

Most add ons will be charged but it doesn't hurt to ask, you may get you may not but doesn't cost anything to ask.

Unless things have changed this year, the lobster tail add on at Captain Jack's and the Shrimp Add on at Yacht Club Galley were both allowed under the plan.

The General answer is no. Do not expect add-ons to be included.

That having been said, I was able to get them included on the plan at some places. At others, I could not. And at others, I could get them on some meals and others not.
It never hurts to ask.

I'm just chiming in on the randomness of it, even at the same restaurant. When we went in October, we enjoyed our first and second trip to the Yachtsman. We ordered the chateaubriand (for 2) and our waiter allowed us to add on 2 Lobster Tails.

When we returned a few nights later, the waitress said that would be extra. We added them and paid the price. We didn't ruin our evening by throwing a fit. We considered the first night a gift.

Even paying for the tails, the dinner was an excellent deal and we'll be doing it again.

it is very dependent on the waitstaff. what's included or not! at planet hollywood my ds got an app. and they charged us for it. but they did not have a childs app. so it should have been included. it peed me off on principal but i will still go back to planet hollywood.

Due to the vastness of Disney, there is very little consistency in policy. That said Policy is: Addons are not included in the Dining Plan and if you want them you pay extra. Now we all know that somewhere a CM will not care and you will get it.

But I do know that management is working to make the plan more consistent, so I would not plan on getting addons included.

How about main entree? I saw that price ranges from $15 - 35 in 1 TS restaurants, and price ranges from $20 - 55 for 2 TS restaurants.

Assuming no "add-on", I believe we are allow to order any item (1 appretizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert) from the menu, regardless of price?

biggroofy said:
How about main entree? I saw that price ranges from $15 - 35 in 1 TS restaurants, and price ranges from $20 - 55 for 2 TS restaurants.

Assuming no "add-on", I believe we are allow to order any item (1 appretizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert) from the menu, regardless of price?

That is correct. You are allowed to choose any single appetizer, entree, or dessert listed on the menu. Some places such as the Pepper Market at CSR have been reported to limit the CS dessert to certain items. However unless this is stated in the Dining plan brochure they truly are not suppose to do this and if you wish you can take it up with the manager.

Pepper Market desserts are not self-service, the CM asks if you're on the dining plan and if you answer yes she explains you're limited to a tier 1 bakery item.

I had a discussion with the manager. He said Disney won't let them put up a sign but did explain the reason for the limitation. The theory is Pepper Market has far more entrée selections than any other CS restaurant so limiting the desserts to the items that are generally found in other CS restaurants is appropriate. Even with the dessert restrictions it is easy to order food that's worth $20-$25 which is basically double what you get anywhere else. The meal is more like a low end TS meal than a CS meal.

He said I was supposed to get a paper when I checked in explaining this. I'm not sure how that would help a guest not staying at CSR. I didn't get that paper when I checked in and when I asked at the front desk after my conversation with the manager I was just given the standard brochure.

I had another conversation with the manager. He sounded frustrated. Disney and the front desk isn't making his job easy. He said they'll normally let a guest slide with the wrong dessert once, assuming the CM didn't correctly explain the rule. He agreed that some notice should be given. He told me if I wanted to see real restrictions I should go to some of the WS restaurants, specifically the restaurant in the Japan building.

I'll agree the restriction makes some sense, the meals at PM are more like a TS meal than a CS meal but the rules shouldn't be a secret.

Some of the menus specifically exclude appetizers or desserts however those are items that are obviously intended for more than one guest.

I used the dining plan twice and I never found a restriction that wasn't reasonable.

Sammie said:
That is correct. You are allowed to choose any single appetizer, entrée, or dessert listed on the menu. Some places such as the Pepper Market at CSR have been reported to limit the CS dessert to certain items. However unless this is stated in the Dining plan brochure they truly are not suppose to do this and if you wish you can take it up with the manager.

I used the dining plan twice and I never found a restriction that wasn't reasonable.
Well, to be fair, you're an unusually reasonable guy.

biggroofy said:

One caveat. If the appetizer (Like a cheese sampler plate or a desert sampler plate) is designed for more than one person, they won't let you order it. You'll pretty much be able to spot these. Also at some places, some of the feasts have certain appetizers and deserts included with them. You would not then be able to order another appetizer and another desert off the menu.

The Tangeriene cafe limits you to Baklava for desert.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
One caveat. If the appetizer (Like a cheese sampler plate or a desert sampler plate) is designed for more than one person, they won't let you order it. You'll pretty much be able to spot these. Also at some places, some of the feasts have certain appetizers and deserts included with them. You would not then be able to order another appetizer and another desert off the menu.

The Tangeriene cafe limits you to Baklava for desert.

They will let 2 people order them and use 2 credits in doing so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter