Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Ladies, you are my kind of people!!!
Haha 😂 Love this! Enjoying food and drinks on vacation is a must!
The spiked cocktail.....absolutely!!!! Food and drinks look amazing, I`m not a fan of Mezcal either, not fond of that smokey taste that can be so bitter. But, you chose some lovely options for food and drinks, looks like a lot of fun!!
The mezcal is just not for me! Andi does like it and has several margaritas with it and a big no for me!
Love your Halloween art work too, yes, it`ll look good all year round.
:thanks: I thought it was cute display of a favorite time of year!
Tom was in Miami in August 1982 and they had two days in Orlando for Disney and it was MK they visited, they were being told of this amazing place what was being built and it was of course Epcot.
I vaguely remember the trip and I know there was a cable car system in MK. I don’t think we went in very many rides just looked around
I love talking to our TM friends, some of their guest stories veer between being hilarious and sometimes completely unbelievable at the audacity of people!!! Always interesting though.
Yes, I can imagine! Good and bad especially with some of the behaviors we see in the park!

I wonder how Disney likes everyone referring to the festival as FArts?
They should put out pamphlets.
We had many rum drinks today. Most of the rum drinks are so sweet! Just wait until our dinner at US at the rum bar! You may have to look away :laughing:
:scared:
We did! It was crowded but at least we found places to eat our snacks
They must’ve finally upped the number of tables.
It does but it was very tasty with a sugar cookie base!
Yum!
Remember when we went to Riviera and I got the third degree and we had a reservation I had to show my 🆔 so I was a little worried!
I forgot about that
Exactly people these days geesh :rotfl:How many times have you heard the CMs have to repeat directions multiple times
I don’t know… what time is the three o’clock parade?

That frozen French Martini??? Wow do I need that!!! And you can never go wrong with any version of Dole Whip and Rum. You are drinking my kind of drinks!!!

You had a great afternoon of trying food and drinks! That Brie bowl looks especially delicious.
It was perfect, We hit everything we wanted to see and try!
I can’t believe how popular that bucket was - five hours for a popcorn bucket is nuts! I’m considering buying a popcorn bucket for the first time ever as we’ll have a stroller to store it. I will not be waiting in any lines for a specialty bucket, though!
I know it was crazy, no way would I wait for that! I like my standard bucket. It has the 50th anniversary on it. One fun thing I learned was I can bring it each trip and get refills. I for some reason thought it was like the mugs and you had to buy a new one each trip, I’m glad that isn’t the case. I do remember when refills were 50 cents now 2.25 or 2.50.
Wow, how fun! I’m impressed with your restraint in not bothering them - I don’t know that I could’ve done the same.
I really wanted to get a picture but didn’t want to bother them. Plus Andi gets mortified if I fan girl haha 😆
I agree with you about smokey tequila. I also dislike spiced rum.
Yeah definitely not my favorite.
The Waygu bun looks really good. We'll have to try it next time it is offered.
This was delicious. I hope it comes back next year
The GF is beautiful. We have stayed there a few times when we've gotten a fantastic discount. One time it was a free upgrade from Coronado Springs to GF.
We use to get such a good discount for GF on our late August trips, now it is way to much! Fun upgrade!

Sounds like it was a lovely Epcot afternoon. The brie bowl and Figment dessert look really good!
It really was! The Brie was yummy and the fancy pop tart was delicious with a sugar cookie like crust and blueberry filling
I'm excited to see the Walt statue and new area in April.
You will love it and probably shed a tear or two
I made a note of your dishes from Gaspirillo. Who doesn't love mac and cheese? And the mojo bowl is basically my normal go-to dish 90% of the time. I eat a black bean/rice bowl for lunch every weekday. So boring.
It is a good QS choice! The menu is a little different than the average resort QS. I highly recommend
Has there been issues with Uber/Lyft drivers not being able to drop people off at resorts without reservations? I know you can't park there, but I'm surprised you can't even get dropped off. Glad you didn't run into any problems at the gate.
Yes, people have been turned away if they don’t have a reservation so I was a little worried. The last time we went there from our resort the Lyft dropped us off at the TTC.
Love your Halloween artwork!
Thank you! It was the perfect little piece of art from the festival.

I love this! Totally 80s. I wish I had a photo from my first trip. It was with my High School Choir.
I was glad I found this picture! I guess we were to cool to smile much in the picture :rotfl:
I want to do this. You have inspired me.
Yes definitely get a picture with Walt! It gives you all the feels!
I wish I could work up the courage to try it again.
I recommend getting an all natural skin patch for behind your ear. I got mine from Amazon and I swear it helps!
I think I would like this a lot.
Delicious treats from France. It never matters how much the martini price is I always get it and I always love it!
Great choice! Post a picture when you get it framed on a wall.
I sure will!
I would recognize Nate but not Dustin. This is very cool.
Dustin has been on All Ears videos a fair amount so that is how I recognized him.
I would like this too, just now the double shot. I'm a total lightweight.
That is why Andi drank most of it!
It's always interesting to listen to the CMs and get that inside view and sometime inside info. The last couple of trips we have spent our park days with Danielle and her CM friends.
I bet Danielle has some good stories!

They must’ve finally upped the number of tables.
I really think Disney did add more tables, finally!!
That frozen French Martini??? Wow do I need that!!! And you can never go wrong with any version of Dole Whip and Rum. You are drinking my kind of drinks!!!
This was delicious always a must for us! The spiked pineapple is really good, I highly recommend
I love the Darth Vader pics! The food and drinks at the festival look so yummy. I love the Halloween print you picked out!
Darth Vader is very interesting and a favorite of mine being a Star Wars fan!
Thank you, I need to get a frame for my print!

It was time for our Guardians fancy ride and it was up and running today, yay!
Yay for Guardians being running today!
Our first booth was the Mexico booth. The food was not vegetarian so we went straight for the alcohol 🍷
There you go!
We wanted to try the Smokey Banana Bliss Margarita, a very interesting drink! It was ten to one rum, illegal mezcal Jovan, banana purée and lime juice.
I don't think I would have tried that. Not a huge fan of banana, and not sure about the Mezcal/Rum combination.
The Wild Mushroom Risotto was the one item we wanted to try.
That looks really good.
We had to have the Brie bread bowl. Warm and creamy Brie in a bread bowl, yes please!
I've had that before and it is very tasty!
Frozen French Martini 🍸 Grey goose vodka, chambord liqueur, pineapple, orange, and grape juices with lemon-lime foam.
another good solid choice!
Wagyu Bun: steamed bun with American wagyu beef served with a green shiso sauce.
That sounds delicious!
The print I found is Halloween inspired and I love it! The artist was at the booth and he was signing the prints. Here is the print I bought and the Artist info on the back! I love it and will frame it and likely display it all year long!
That is so funny! I have a Giclee of that exact same picture listed on eBay right now!
Our next stop for food was China 🇨🇳 Andi wanted to try the General Tso’s chicken shumai
I've had that one, it's very good!
We got the blueberry filled pastry tart with purple icing. This was really good.
That looks a lot better than the one that they had a few years ago, but it looks very sweet.
Remember way back this morning at 7am I bought Genie+ and Tron Fancy ride. Well I had been stacking rides for the evening and Tron was first on the agenda!

That's great! tons of rides for the evening!

MK here we come!

It was a quick monorail ride over to MK.

IMG_2024-03-20-174607.jpg
IMG_2024-03-20-175340.jpg
We had Tron scheduled for 7:30-8:30, JC, Pirates, and HM lined up on Genie+. We got a wrist band for the After Hours when we arrived. The AH was from 10-1am. HEA was at 9pm.
IMG_2024-03-20-174729.jpg
We went to Tron first and the wait was only about 15 minutes. We got the last row! #9. We had a fun ride. Once a night is enough for me. Andi was hoping to ride again at the end of the AH. Will she do it, will she wait in line? You will soon find out. The pictures from Tron are so unflattering hahaha 😝 I cringe at myself but I posted for authentic trip reporting!
IMG_2024-03-20-174331.jpg
We rode JC next and we had the most animated skipper. He was all over the place! He was funny but way over the top! We love this ride and the skippers do make the experience! He was fun to watch lol 😝

We rode Pirates next and with Genie it was a walk on. We finally got one of our pictures!
IMG_2024-03-20-174203.jpg
We paused to watch HEA from the area by the river before HM. We basically love the music and the fireworks are just a plus!

It was time to use our HM FP right after the fireworks. 🎆
IMG_2024-03-20-174037.jpg
Andi got to see the Hatbox Ghost 👻 she liked the addition.

We got a few pictures at the end.
IMG_2024-03-20-174127.jpg
IMG_2024-03-20-174409.jpg
I wasn’t sure if People Mover would be open during the AH event so we headed over there. We love this ride. At night, it is a beautiful experience! We took in all the sights and sounds.
IMG_2024-03-20-175429.jpg
I saw Buzz was a walk on so why not! Andi is smiling because yes, you guessed it, galactic hero once again. My score was over 100,000 and that is good for me!
IMG_2024-03-20-174239.jpg
It was getting close to the start of the AH event. Our plan was to head into Storybook Circus and work our way around the park, ending at Tron.

Come along for a whirlwind 3 hours of riding almost every attraction at MK!

We did Dumbo and Barnstormer both a walk on and we could have rode both again with no wait.
IMG_2024-03-20-175146.jpg
Ariel next, a walk on, with many empty clamshells
IMG_2024-03-20-175238.jpg
We picked up a Mickey bar and coke before heading into IASW, our plan was to ride this first in hopes PPF and 7DMT would have a lower wait time.
IMG_2024-03-20-174932.jpg
IASW during an AH event I don’t recommend, especially if you don’t get to Disney very often. It is a time sucker and not worth it! It worked out for us okay but don’t do it!

My favorite ride was next PPF, this was basically a walk on, maybe a ten minute wait.
IMG_2024-03-20-174822.jpg
Pooh was up next, another walk on. We love this ride!
IMG_2024-03-20-175040.jpg
7DMT was next and the second fireworks show was starting, Enchantment was running during the AH event. We did not like this show at all when we initially saw it. We did a dessert party in Jan 2022 and both thought it was bad!

It was fun watching it from 7DMT line for a few minutes, haha 😆

The 7DMT line moved pretty fast and we go to see the special effect of Snow White dancing with the dwarves when you spin the barrels of jewels. If all the barrels are spinning at the same time Snow White appears on the ceiling! I loved it 😍

We had a great ride.
IMG_2024-03-20-174000.jpg
IMG_2024-03-20-173915.jpg
Our plan was to hit BTMRR next. This was crazy wild at night!

Such a fun ride, however, as I get older it sure is a rough one!

We decided to do Pirates and HM one more time before heading back into Tomorrow Land.

I picked up more coke and popcorn along the way.

Andi decided to pass on SM tonight. She said she wanted to go check out the wait at Tron instead.
IMG_2024-03-20-175518.jpg
I was feeling tired and decided to skip Tron a second time.

I found a nice bench and had some popcorn and Diet Coke.

I got to check out the Tron bathrooms while I waited.

It did take Andi about 20 minutes total for Tron, not bad!
IMG_2024-03-21-170204.jpg
We decided to work our way to the Mainstreet and take a few pictures before heading out. It was about 12:40am.
IMG_2024-03-20-174519.jpg
Our ride count was

JC

Pirates x 2

Big Thunder

HM x 2

Dumbo

Barnstormer

Under the Sea

Pooh Bear

Peter Pan

IASW

7DMT

Buzz

PM

Tron x 2 (Andi rode twice)

Partially watched HEA and Enchantment 🎆🎇

AH Snacks

2 Mickey Ice Cream Bars

2 Cokes

2 Diet Cokes

2 popcorn boxes

I think that is everything

We headed to the bus stop by 1am and we were routed to the PO Riverside bus which was there. It did take about 30 minutes to finally get dropped off at FQ! We had to do all the Riverside stops before FQ, and a guest driving an ECV took a long time to get off because she, like I would be, was a horrible driver of ECV 😂

Finally the bus driver drove it off but literally made the poor guest try like 10 times before assisting ugh! 😩

I think we were all tucked in to bed around 2am 🕑 Lights out!

Stay tuned for a leisurely morning and a trip to DS before heading to Universal Studios Resort!

Yay for Guardians being running today!
I was very happy we got a ride on it this trip!
I don't think I would have tried that. Not a huge fan of banana, and not sure about the Mezcal/Rum combination.
It was weird but actually it worked!
That sounds delicious!
That little Bao bun packed so much delicious! Yum!
That is so funny! I have a Giclee of that exact same picture listed on eBay right now!
That is! It really summed up my love of Disney, Halloween, HM, and the castle!
That looks a lot better than the one that they had a few years ago, but it looks very sweet.
It was really good. The texture of the sugar cookie crust was really good
That's great! tons of rides for the evening!
It was a good evening!

I am of the opinion that any Disney monorail ride is a good ride.
We had Tron scheduled for 7:30-8:30, JC, Pirates, and HM lined up on Genie+
Wow! What a great lineup!
We went to Tron first and the wait was only about 15 minutes.
Short!
We got the last row!
Is... that what you wanted? Hoped for? Just happy you were on in 15 minutes?
IMG_2024-03-20-174331.jpg
This is a great photo. :) I love your windswept hair. You're having fun!
We rode JC next and we had the most animated skipper. He was all over the place! He was funny but way over the top!
:laughing:
Glad to see the ol' hook hand is still in use. ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing this addition some day.
That's a great magic shot!
:eek:

:thumbsup2
At night, it is a beautiful experience!
All parks are so wonderful at night. And a ride that lets you sit and enjoy that? :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
As it must be done. ::yes::
Andi is smiling because yes, you guessed it, galactic hero once again.
She's got this thing all figured out!
We did Dumbo and Barnstormer both a walk on and we could have rode both again with no wait.
Not surprised at no wait.
Ariel next, a walk on, with many empty clamshells
And not surprised by that too.
IASW during an AH event I don’t recommend, especially if you don’t get to Disney very often. It is a time sucker and not worth it!
Interestingly, I don't recommend IASW at any time at all... ever...
My favorite ride was next PPF, this was basically a walk on, maybe a ten minute wait.
PPF a walk on!
What's not to love about that??
Enchantment was running during the AH event. We did not like this show at all when we initially saw it. We did a dessert party in Jan 2022 and both thought it was bad!
Don't think I've seen it. Sounds like I'm not missing much.
we go to see the special effect of Snow White dancing with the dwarves when you spin the barrels of jewels. If all the barrels are spinning at the same time Snow White appears on the ceiling! I loved it 😍
Nice! I've heard of the effect, but haven't actually seen it.
Were you watching the fireworks right about then?
Nah. You've not getting older... you're getting more discerning.
Not bad at all. Twice in one day!
We decided to work our way to the Mainstreet and take a few pictures before heading out. It was about 12:40am.
You certainly got your money's worth out of AH!
Finally the bus driver drove it off but literally made the poor guest try like 10 times before assisting ugh! 😩
:headache:
Stay tuned for a leisurely morning
After getting to bed at 2am... no rope drop? Slackers!

:rolleyes1

Yay! It's not quick when it breaks down! :laughing:
We had Tron scheduled for 7:30-8:30, JC, Pirates, and HM lined up on Genie+. We got a wrist band for the After Hours when we arrived. The AH was from 10-1am. HEA was at 9pm.
Sounds like a lot of fun rides.
We went to Tron first and the wait was only about 15 minutes. We got the last row! #9. We had a fun ride. Once a night is enough for me.
I can't wait to try this! In just about 2 weeks now!
We finally got one of our pictures!
You're the only one who seems to know where to look. I don't think I've ever gotten my picture from Pirates. I have no idea where the camera is.
We paused to watch HEA from the area by the river before HM.
I can't wait to see this. I'm not sure I've ever seen it.
I wonder if they put it in the same place as the DL HM.
We love this ride. At night, it is a beautiful experience! We took in all the sights and sounds.
I hope to do this one in about two weeks too!
I saw Buzz was a walk on so why not!
Because I don't like MK's Buzz attraction! I'm spoiled by DL's. You can take the guns out of their holsters. After I rode it once there, I did NOT like the lack of flexibility for aiming. I'm bad enough and when you fix my gun to the car, I really suck.
I've never done Barnstormer.....
We picked up a Mickey bar and coke before heading into IASW
I don't even remember the last time I rode IASW in WDW.
Enchantment was running during the AH event. We did not like this show at all when we initially saw it.
I think that was the fireworks show that I saw on my last trip to WDW.
The 7DMT line moved pretty fast and we go to see the special effect of Snow White dancing with the dwarves when you spin the barrels of jewels. If all the barrels are spinning at the same time Snow White appears on the ceiling! I loved it 😍

Is this something they added when they put in an interactive queue?

We decided to do Pirates and HM one more time before heading back into Tomorrow Land.
sounds like a solid plan!

Considering it's almost impossible to ride without paying for it....

That's a LOT!
a guest driving an ECV took a long time to get off because she, like I would be, was a horrible driver of ECV 😂

When I drove an ECV, I was pretty good at it. I'm glad the bus driver gave her the opportunity to do it herself. Just too bad he didn't realize sooner that it was a problem. I used to get so mad at the men who assumed I was one of those who couldn't drive and just went ahead and did it for me. Thankfully, I've gotten myself past the need for one.

I think we were all tucked in to bed around 2am 🕑 Lights out!

I probably wouldn't get out of bed until 11AM going to sleep that late! :laughing:

That's a packed evening of events.

The pictures from Tron are so unflattering hahaha 😝 I cringe at myself but I posted for authentic trip reporting!

I think it looks fun.

We rode Pirates next and with Genie it was a walk on. We finally got one of our pictures!

I see a hook.

I wasn’t sure if People Mover would be open during the AH event so we headed over there. We love this ride. At night, it is a beautiful experience! We took in all the sights and sounds.

I agree, it is very relaxing and beautiful at night.

I saw Buzz was a walk on so why not! Andi is smiling because yes, you guessed it, galactic hero once again. My score was over 100,000 and that is good for me!

This picture says it all.

IASW during an AH event I don’t recommend, especially if you don’t get to Disney very often. It is a time sucker and not worth it! It worked out for us okay but don’t do it!

Really good advice.

PPF is my favorite too.

I've hear tell of this but never seen it.

I agree and it's rougher at night.

That's not bad at all.

about 12:40am.
IMG_2024-03-20-174519.jpg
Great photo and I love your sweatshirt.

Wow, that was a lot. I'm still debating doing this next month.

It sounds like you had a super successful night! 20 min for Tron isn’t bad at all.

We got to see the Snow White effect once! Other people had the barrels going to make that happen, we had no idea about that Easter egg so it was a neat surprise to see it.

We love this ride. At night, it is a beautiful experience!

Yes - 100%. The Peoplemover is excellent at any time of day but seems especially magical at night.

We did Dumbo and Barnstormer both a walk on

I loved riding these during the old MK EMH! Storybook Circus was always abandoned and was pretty with all the lights!

You had such a successful evening at MK! Your stacking gave you a great head start and you accomplished a ton (including snacks!). I’m glad you had such a wonderful time.

I love the after hours events. I have only done the villains one pre-shut down but I would do one again in a heartbeat (if I have the extra money.) Also - I love your fuzzy grey jacket. I have that one as well and LOVE to wear it.

Wow, you two accomplished a lot on your MK night! It reminded me of the old Extra Magic Hours, where you could walk on to most attractions and feel like you had the place to yourself.
Glad Andi managed to get a second ride on Tron!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter