MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's make it an aMAYzing Month

Woohoo... for things going so well at work. I'm looking forward to soon being thru this hyper-support hand-holding phase and being able to move on to new things.

Woohoo... I moved my trip to the ocean beach up a week, to accommodate my business trip, so now the beach is just 2 1/2 weeks away... really looking forward to it. The business trip has grown and we're now planning on visiting a facility in the Annapolis Maryland area, then driving up to Edison New Jersey and doing a site visit there. I'm actually looking forward to that trip as well.

Easy snack recipe -- I don't have one
Youtube creator -- I don't watch Youtube
book or book series -- I am loving the Bridgerton Series.
tv series -- I watch way too many. Right now DD has me hooked on Roswell , New Mexico. We took a break from NCIS to watch this. Still hooked on that one too.
movie -- I first love will always be for Grease. But I don't watch it really any more.

@Summer2018 I hope you and your husband feel better quickly.

Covid is starting to go around here. 2 of my co-works parents have it and the girl friend of the one has it. I am working from home today because DD has a fever. No other symptom yet. Just watching her for now. DS has had a cough for a while and now some congestion so I did test him. He was negative.

So on the dog front. There is a very good possibility that we will have a dog by the beginning of summer vacation. It is a cocker spaniel and is 5 years old. She is a championship dog. I am working on a date to meet the dog (I meet with the owner over the week at a dog show but she wasn't able to bring the one that she is selling) and if that goes well then we will take her home for a week trial. DD is so excited. We have already bought 2 toys for the dog.

I'm thankful I can...
see the lilacs outside my window
hear books on Audible
feel my cats' soft fur
smell the coffee brewing
taste the chocolates DS bought me for Mother's Day

I am thankful I can...
see... the blue skies and scattered clouds outside my office window
hear... music
smell... the essential oil diffusers placed around the house
feel... my kitties soft fur
taste... freshly baked bread with freshly churned butter, lots of butter

I'm thankful I can
See the flowers blooming
Hear the kids snoring at night
Smell fresh baked goodies
Feel the warmer temps
Taste chocolate

Extra thankful for being able to work remote. Both DSs had to go for PCRs and DD's school ended up flooded thanks to part of the roof failing. Had I had to go to the office it would have been a big old mess

I've been kind of cranky the past two days, so I'm planning on doing a half work-work day today and spending the afternoon working out in the yard.

We're supposed to have dry weather thru the weekend, so I'm thinking of maybe going up to Port Townsend one of the days, but haven't decided for sure yet.

Put the ac’s in the windows this morning-high of 95 tomorrow and 92 Sunday so I figured I better get those in!

Taking foster pup to her adoption coordinator this afternoon and she will be going to a rescue event tomorrow and then being adopted! Her adoption coordinator is doing the adoption so I won’t get to meet them but I wrote them a long letter and put it in her bag so hopefully they text me and friend me on Facebook!

Tomorrow my work friends and I are having dinner and one of my friends daughters is sleeping over with DD.

Sunday my niece has her last race of the season so we are going to that in the afternoon!!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and prayers to @Summer2018 and her family for health and healing ❤️

No big plans for the weekend. A friend of DS's is here, and they are driving out to another friend's tomorrow. DH has had a crazy week at work, so he'll be happy to just veg in a quiet house. I have some random chores to catch up on, and then a doctor's appointment on Monday.

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and for keeping the thread going this week.

Covid is miserable. I have been very ill...stuffy nose for 8 days; hacking up a lung; full-body sneezes; sore throat; diarrhea; body aches that make the flu seem like no big deal. Had I not been fully vaccinated, I would surely have been on a ventilator in the hospital. DH took the antiviral, but the side-effects were rough and affected his meds, so he recommended that I avoid it. I probably would have recovered sooner, but I didn't want issues. He was back at work after 5 days. I have relied on my inhaler and mucinex to avoid serious breathing issues. DD is still very bad and has worried me this entire time. I plan on returning to work after 10 days on Monday. I'm still so weak, I can't imagine how I will accomplish this, but that is the goal.

Again, I appreciate all of you. I will go back and read your posts tomorrow.

:grouphug:

Good to hear from you @Summer2018 hope things only improve for you and that the worst is over.

DSs are both negative but still VERY congested and little coughs. Guess there are a lot of kids out of DS7's school with a similar virus. Yesterday was INSANITY with both the boys home sick, and DD home because of the school roof. She was back in school today and the boys were well enough to do some work on their computers. DS7 had a virtual disney trip that included ride videos...adding distances between different buildings...using QS menu prices to do math...it was adorable. But he kept looking for us on the screen assuming the virtual trip was our trip.

My nose started running today so hoping I can hold things off enough to be able to help out at the family dance on Sunday. Wednesday I am also supposed to be helping to set up the Boots on the Ground memorial. Anyone within driving distance should come check it out it's really a moving experience.
https://osdri.org/boots-on-the-ground/

It's supposed to be HOT here this weekend. May need to turn the AC on which is insane since we legit had the heat on two weeks ago.

Used my thigh master a couple times this week.. it is surprisingly difficult! The first batch of lettuce and spinach is almost ready for picking and my carrots just sprouted so they should be ready in a couple weeks! Will probably plant more next weekend so we have another harvest ready to go.

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and for keeping the thread going this week.

Covid is miserable. I have been very ill...stuffy nose for 8 days; hacking up a lung; full-body sneezes; sore throat; diarrhea; body aches that make the flu seem like no big deal. Had I not been fully vaccinated, I would surely have been on a ventilator in the hospital. DH took the antiviral, but the side-effects were rough and affected his meds, so he recommended that I avoid it. I probably would have recovered sooner, but I didn't want issues. He was back at work after 5 days. I have relied on my inhaler and mucinex to avoid serious breathing issues. DD is still very bad and has worried me this entire time. I plan on returning to work after 10 days on Monday. I'm still so weak, I can't imagine how I will accomplish this, but that is the goal.

Again, I appreciate all of you. I will go back and read your posts tomorrow.

:grouphug:
Good to hear from you even though things are so rough.

5B14A955-76D3-46BF-9187-8B42062D549A.jpeg

A Simple "Either Or" quiz for Social Saturday -

General:
1) coffee or tea?
2) cats or dogs?
3) breakfast out or dinner out?

Disney:
1) Small World or Space Mountain?
2) AKL or Contemporary?
3) Hollywood Studios or Epcot?

Tea, coffee just doesn’t agree with me.
Cats, although I would love to have a dog at some point
I think I favor breakfast out, it seems more social like getting together to chat the morning away.
Small World, the SM cars are so hard to get in and out of that I’ve stopped riding.
AKL, if I ever have the opportunity to go delux.
EPCOT all the way. I’m really hoping the construction walls in the middle of FW are down by the time I go back in December.

I am headed up to Port Townsend today, currently sitting at the ferry dock in gloriously fabulous weather. There’s a parade in town today, I haven’t quite decided to watch it or just stay out of the way. In the afternoon I’m meeting my Neice at one of the museum locations, an historic house, then we’re going to a late lunch to a place with outdoor seating, have to maximize this sunshine, now that we’ve got a bit of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter