Marathon Weekend 2017!

The whole concept of making FP+ at 70 days is WAY foreign to me.

As much as I love to plan, I only made a few FP+ here and there but won't book every day - especially once the races start! One thing I do love is knowing that our little guy will meet Elena and when. FP+ just saved me 60+ days of him stressing over it. :)

As much as I love to plan, I only made a few FP+ here and there but won't book every day - especially once the races start! One thing I do love is knowing that our little guy will meet Elena and when. FP+ just saved me 60+ days of him stressing over it. :)

Yeah - I think it will pretty much be the highlights at preferred parks. One in our group (the one who is only spectating, not running) has never been to WDW before, and pretty much is just imagining a REALLY LARGE Six Flags park like we have at home, so I want to make sure she gets the full experience. Another gal in our group is doing the Marathon only, but arrives on Thursday. She's only been twice, and it's been a couple of years - this is her first kid-free trip that won't revolve around Princesses and character meets, so there are quite a few things SHE wants to experience.

The rest of us I'm sure will just fall in line with what those gals want to do.

The pressure!!!!

Either I'm crazy or they have changed the expo times for this year.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 — Noon - 8:00 p.m.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 — 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Friday, January 6, 2017 — 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, January 7, 2017 — 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday never opened at noon in the past did it? I thought for sure it was 10 am and then the rest of the days opened at 9 am.

Either I'm crazy or they have changed the expo times for this year.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 — Noon - 8:00 p.m.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 — 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Friday, January 6, 2017 — 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, January 7, 2017 — 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday never opened at noon in the past did it? I thought for sure it was 10 am and then the rest of the days opened at 9 am.
Calling it now: early admission for those willing to pay a premium for Wednesday morning.

It's been advertised since registration that if you buy Race Retreat, you get early entry into the Expo on Wednesday at 10 a.m.
I must've missed that. Now I have to rethink how my day is. I have a 2pm reservation at Le Cellier and wanted to go to the expo at 10.

Yeah - I bought Race Retreat the day I registered for Dopey because of that. I was going to do Race Retreat anyway, but that definitely sealed the deal for me!

I must've missed that. Now I have to rethink how my day is. I have a 2pm reservation at Le Cellier and wanted to go to the expo at 10.

In fairness, they will likely start letting people in for bib pickup around 11-11:30 ... the RunDisney website says the perk for Race Retreat is 10-11 a.m. early access. Most people will be lining up for merchandise, not so much bib pickup.

Also, the Expos (ALL of them) have traditionally started allowing people in 30-45 minutes early.

In fairness, they will likely start letting people in for bib pickup around 11-11:30 ... the RunDisney website says the perk for Race Retreat is 10-11 a.m. early access. Most people will be lining up for merchandise, not so much bib pickup.

Also, the Expos (ALL of them) have traditionally started allowing people in 30-45 minutes early.
I figured that. I'm thinking right now DHS in the morning that day, Le Cellier ADR at 2PM, walk over to BC take expo bus after ADR. I have to make this look pretty on my spreadsheet somehow :)

We're doing the Expo at 10, and then heading to Disney Springs for lunch, and then MK for a bit before our dinner at California Grill that night! Pre-5K sushi!

Can anyone recommend anything, where I can get a good massage on Monday after the Marathon?

We are staying a little bit longer and are heading to the parks, so I would love to get my legs ready for that again :-)

Can someone fill me in on this 60 days + 10 FP thing? I'm staying on property and only 64 days out, but MDE isn't allowing me to book any FP.

Can someone fill me in on this 60 days + 10 FP thing? I'm staying on property and only 64 days out, but MDE isn't allowing me to book any FP.
Have you purchased tickets and linked them to your MDE account? I have an AP that expires this month and I can't make any FP+ selections past my expiration date - I assume once I renew and link, things will change.

Good luck!

The 60 days is the day you can begin to make your FP+ selections. The +10 refers to the number of additional days you can make FP+ selections after your start date if you're staying on property. As an example; I'm checking in on 1/4 and my FP+ selection start date is 11/5. Since I'm staying 8 nights I can make FP+ selections for my entire stay leaving on 1/12.

Can anyone recommend anything, where I can get a good massage on Monday after the Marathon?

We are staying a little bit longer and are heading to the parks, so I would love to get my legs ready for that again :-)

I can't speak for Monday, but after Dopey this year, I just went to the massage tent immediately after finishing the marathon and had a quick 10-minute (there are longer time options) work up on my quads and calves and I felt great the next day. There are quite a few spas on property but I've never been to one. Hope you find something!

We're doing the Expo at 10, and then heading to Disney Springs for lunch, and then MK for a bit before our dinner at California Grill that night! Pre-5K sushi!

Did you see that they posted the Expo hours and it doesn't open til noon on Wednesday this year?

Quick question - at miles 11.4 & 18.3 when they give you a banana, is it a whole banana or one cut in half? Doing my 20 miler this weekend and want to try eating them at those points to see how they sit in my stomach. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter