Marathon Weekend 2016

I can't believe it !!! the registration page is open at this moment. I'm just registered for the Dopey Challenge.

I noticed the form was open earlier, but I was scared they wouldn't honor the registration if it was submitted prior to noon tomorrow. What does everyone think? Am I worried for nothing?

I noticed the form was open earlier, but I was scared they wouldn't honor the registration if it was submitted prior to noon tomorrow. What does everyone think? Am I worried for nothing?

It looks like the 5k still requires a password but I registered for the marathon. I have a confirmation email but not sure how this is going to turn out...

Congrats to those already registered and good luck to those trying Tuesday at noon. Hope your registrations are successful.
The WDW weekend is a great experience.

I can't believe it !!! the registration page is open at this moment. I'm just registered for the Dopey Challenge.

im conflicted...I see where its open but I really don't want anything to mess it up...do I wait until tomorrow or go ahead.....

Me too! I'm so tempted to follow @mordyr's example, but scared that I might be disqualified ... I dunno. #runDnewbie

I'm so tempted, but my fear is they will catch this weeks from now and refuse to honor the registration. On the other hand, I'm going to be really upset if a bunch of people find the link and register and Dopey closes even faster than last year.

im conflicted...I see where its open but I really don't want anything to mess it up...do I wait until tomorrow or go ahead.....

I'm basically in the same boat. I'm sitting here with the registration page open trying to decide what to do.
I'd love to have it taken care of early, but I'm terrified that somehow when it comes time for the race, my registration will not have been valid.

this is my fear as well .... I have to register 3 people for the 5k 1 for the 10k 1 kids race and me for the full .....im not worried about the kids race or the full and the 5k doesn't seem to be working today anyway but that 10k is really tempting me......

I think if the page is open and my credit card has been charged they have to honor the registration because it's like we sign a contract. I'll keep checking and my registration is still on.

I think if the page is open and my credit card has been charged they have to honor the registration because it's like we sign a contract. I'll keep checking and my registration is still on.

The fact that they already charged your card makes me feel a little better, but I'm still nervous that they may end up cancelling the registrations and refunding the charge (I just would hope that they do it before registration opens tomorrow).

I know that with airlines, if they have a price glitch, sometimes they'll honor it and sometimes they won't. This strikes me as a similar situation. I don't know if runDisney will honor the registrations or cancel them and refund the money.

I think I'm going to wait for my sister to get home from work and talk it over with her.
For everyone else grappling with this decision - please keep us updated on what you do!

But the form isn't really open. I mean, you can get to it if you have the direct link, but that's not published anywhere. If you go to RunDisney or search on active.com, the form isn't available.

I think I've decided not to risk it. There's just no guarantee Disney will honor the registration. Frankly, I wish they would take down the form in order to make this decision easier! :)

But the form isn't really open. I mean, you can get to it if you have the direct link, but that's not published anywhere. If you go to RunDisney or search on active.com, the form isn't available.

I think I've decided not to risk it. There's just no guarantee Disney will honor the registration. Frankly, I wish they would take down the form in order to make this decision easier! :)

I think im with you in not risking it...I also noticed there are two different options for each race which isn't right so im thinking they maybe are testing it or something? its not something you can access without that direct link and that scares me im just going to wait and hope that it disappears soon and then I don't have to worry anymore at least until 11:45 tomorrow lol

It was open last night also...but I chickened out!
Now it’s not open anymore for me!

I’m almost going for the Dopey just to be sure I’ll run all the races I want! :rotfl:

I find this very strange I don't want to miss out but I also don't want to risk it. It's also weird that there are two options for each event. One dopey says full the other doesn't. Then at the bottom it says registration goes live at noon EST tomorrow. It still lets you fill everything out tho.

I do think if they confirm it they have to honor it. They charged for it and gave a confirmation number. I clicked the link just to check it out I didn't put in a password I wasn't supposed to have. It actually never gave me any indication that I shouldn't register.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter