• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luau - Paradise Cove or Polynesian Center?

Has anyone done the Fia Fia show at the Marriott just down from Aulani? I have heard good things about the show and the food and it is also close to Aulani. I would love to hear you feedback, as that is the one we are thinking about.

I have also heard that Fia Fia is the show to go to.... but when we were there it was only on Tuesdays and we were not there on a Tuesday. We went to the Paradise Cove Luau and were not impressed. Wish we have stayed after our day at the Polynesian Cultural Center and done theirs.

We went to the Fia Fia show on Tuesday night and it was amazing! Great show, great performers and good food in a smaller, more intimate setting. Lots of guest interaction. Two drinks are included, and water and tea are free. I would highly recommend this show :). It is a nice walk (about a mile) along the coves, or they will validate parking if you drive.

I haven't been to either, but the distance to PCC is about an hour and fifteen minutes if that makes a difference to you.

We went to Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park and it was spectacular. The setting overlooking the ocean is fantastic and the performers are incredibly talented and authentic. As I understand it, if you like fire twirlers, this is the show for you because Chief's has the guys who are current and former world champions. What they do with fire makes for a spectacular finale. Food was delicious as well, and the drive out there provides great scenic opportunities.

The Chief and his crew actually come to the Marriott to do the Fia Fia show on Tuesdays. GREAT show!!!! And much closer.

We went to the Fia Fia show last night and it was great! Not too many people, delicious food and amazing fire twirling. Even my hard-to-impress 12 and 14-year-olds loved it. It was also a lovely night stroll back to Aulani.

I was at the Fia Fia show at the Marriott last night as well and loved it! We had premier seating and ended up getting front row. We enjoyed the food, the crafts and the show was amazing! We got a ride from the Aulani and then walked back along the beach. A really great night!

I've done Paradise Cove twice, once when we lived on Oahu and our friends had extra tickets they couldn't use and once took my mom and friend when we were visiting. Oh my gosh the drive back to Kailua after was a killer - hour long and we were so tired! It is a LONG show. And I honestly think both times I left before it was over, it's just SO LONG. Now, it is nice, and if you want to do a touristy luau go for it for sure! The activities beforehand are neat and fun, so it's a nice experience.

I'm an owner at the Marriott, so that's where we stay. The chief does another cute show but I forget, maybe Mondays, for owners where we have giveaways and he previews his show. If you haven't seen him, you must. He absolutely cracks me up (but I've been seeing him for ten years now, and he ain't as young as he used to be - he used to climb a coconut palm but had to give that up). He is so funny! Anyone can come sit on the lawn and watch! It's funny and family friendly!

I took my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to PCC when we lived there, and we got there first thing in the morning and did all the daytime stuff. It is run by mormons (my friend's husband who is not mormon worked there in college but he went to UH but some are students on scholarship at BYU Hawaii). Either way it is a mormon organization run by BYU. Their "religion" does not allow drinking so I can see how they don't serve - and to me if I'm going to endure a luau at least give me a mai tai for heaven's sake! Having an LGBT child, I have major issues with their rules on campus and in life, but to each his own. I won't deal with them, and they have nothing to do with me. I feel like we all have our own path to live by, and I choose to be peaceful and not mind how other families are - not all are one man one woman and 2.5 children. Some are single, some are same sex, some have to divorce and some find themselves single parents. It's all what you make of it! So to dictate such strict rules doesn't jive with me although I'm lucky to have my marriage to my best friend that I met at 19 and married at 26 which was 23 years ago!

Sorry to ramble on! I'd say if you want to do a luau, I'd do Fia Fia. If you want something that will kill a LOT of time, do Paradise Cove, since they offer all the cute activities ahead of time. But, be warned, if you're like me, you will be falling asleep halfway through the show since I was SO TIRED and the show is awfully long. Personally I will never do another one, since it's just too much.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter