Lighthouse point floats?

LGS33

Earning My Ears
I was surprised to see floats aren't available to rent at Lighhouse Point. Any ideas why?
Thank you!

I was surprised to see floats aren't available to rent at Lighhouse Point. Any ideas why?
Thank you!
Looking at the recent map that came out, there is no real sheltered lagoon at lookout cay like there is at castaway. So perhaps there is more of a risk of the floats drifting out to sea and creating more plastic trash in the ocean and in working with the bahamas on environmental preservation they decided not to offer it.

Thank you!
I wonder if they just haven't completed their list of amenities yet.

I wonder if they just haven't completed their list of amenities yet.
I thought that too, but floats seem like such an easy amenity/port adventure to add that I thought they would be one of the first on the list!

Do they enclose the swim area somehow? If not, then poor or nonswimmers could easily float away.

They may very well install buoys and ropes to designate safe swimming areas. They will also surely limit or close the beach to swimming in the case of high surf and strong currents. It's really no different from the thousands of other ocean beaches around the world. As for floats, I'm not sure why they would offer it at Castaway Cay Serenity Bay, and not here. But it does seem Disney consults heavily with local authorities and civic groups about everything they are doing at Lookout Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter