Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks better than I expected from Disney.
Is that a waterfall wall?

Walk into the lobby. To the one side it looks like a waterfall wall with a sitting area. (if I see the image correctly). Very short walk through the building to the feature side of the building. (Much like Aulani). Step outside and you see the wedding pavilion to the left, GF, lake/lagoon, possibly see part of MK, tower pool, etc.

My guess is no. If there are opening it to all cash guests on June 5th (with DVC and APs having advance booking for cash) then my guess is sales won't start until after that...I predict July or August....
This was my thinking too.

Baffled at the 2BR Penthouses and no GV’s. In looking at the very center top 2 floors of the building with the large balconies, I can’t imagine that being anything other than GV’s or a 2 level restaurant with the kitchen in the very back away from balconies? But, it’s still early. Hoping that there is still a possibility of GV’s being declared later.

Concept art is typically difficult to fully absorb / appreciate. These 2+ story vaulted ceilings strike me as more expansive and dramatic than any Disney Resort in recent memory. In some ways it's reminiscent of Gran Destino Tower, but GDT gives off a more sterile feel than these images, IMO.

Tastes evolve over time. I didn't expect this to look like something out of 1971. There's plenty of space for Disney to have resorts which appeal to my touch of nostalgia, as well as people who were born 30-40 years after me.

Last edited:
Concept art is typically difficult to grasp. These 2+ story vaulted ceilings strike me as more impressive than any Disney Resort in recent memory. In some ways it's reminiscent of Gran Destino Tower, but GDT gives off a more sterile feel than these images, IMO.

Tastes evolve over time. I didn't expect this to look like something that out of 1971. There's plenty of space for Disney to have resorts which appeal to my touch of nostalgia, as well as people who were born 30-40 years after me.
You mean like the fact that all of the "authenticity" of the original resort that's lacking in the tower is about 95% Southern California Tiki Culture circa 1964, and about 5% "Polynesia"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter