Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back now from vacation, and I need to retract some of my griping last week about the Poly pool crowds. While it was certainly chaos at times, we did end up finding some pleasant times (mostly mornings or evenings) to enjoy the pools, especially at the Oasis pool and spa.
We find that the Oasis pool clears out in the evening, starting at around 5 PM. In the winter, it's typically too cold in the evening to enjoy the pools, but in months with longer days, hanging out at the pools after 5 PM can be glorious!

Oasis.jpg

Did anyone read the article by bill diercksen in the newest Disney files magazine? He talks about new projects and references the “new tower at Disney’s Polynesian villas and Bungalows”. Seems to make it pretty clear it will be part of the old association. Was really hoping for new so I’m kind of bummed.
Very interesting...so that means if it is the same expiration as the existing - January 31, 2066 - that means when it opens end of 2024/early 2025, you would get approximately 40 years versus 50 years on the RTU contract.

Very interesting...so that means if it is the same expiration as the existing - January 31, 2066 - that means when it opens end of 2024/early 2025, you would get approximately 40 years versus 50 years on the RTU contract.
Yes, 10 years less on the contract PLUS you already have the existing owners all able to book in the new Tower. IMO this is a huge mistake DVC is making. Who wants to buy into the new Poly Tower when you have 4 million points worth of owners to compete with for the new rooms? Open the gates and you already have a lot of competition at 11 months. I’m out.

Yes, 10 years less on the contract PLUS you already have the existing owners all able to book in the new Tower. IMO this is a huge mistake DVC is making. Who wants to buy into the new Poly Tower when you have 4 million points worth of owners to compete with for the new rooms? Open the gates and you already have a lot of competition at 11 months. I’m out.
My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

DH and I are Poly owners, and we are not interested in competing for rooms in the tower. I can't speak for all Poly owners, but many of us bought into DVC for the OG studios. Wouldn't mind staying in the tower, and probably will on occasion, but for the most part, we are thrilled with our studios near the TTC!

The majority of direct points are first time buyers so they don’t understand the impact of the longhouses and the strain it can put on availability of the new tower. The training material will make no mention of those points and pixie dust of the Magic Kingdom will still sell plenty of points. Selling this property at 200 a point will still be more desirable to new buyers then that of the other actively selling resorts. I’m still optimistic of a fire sale at some point in ‘25 or the strain of availability floods the resale market with new points unloaded on the cheap but either way we still hope to own here but it can’t be at 200+ a point. Not all of us common folk drive teslas every day 🙃

DH and I are Poly owners, and we are not interested in competing for rooms in the tower. I can't speak for all Poly owners, but many of us bought into DVC for the OG studios. Wouldn't mind staying in the tower, and probably will on occasion, but for the most part, we are thrilled with our studios near the TTC!
The great thing about poly is the abundance of longhouse studios. As long as you’re an owner at poly and plan ahead, then you should have zero issue snagging a longhouse studio. Christmas and Easter could prove to be slightly more difficult though.

Buying new Poly with closer to 40ys of points left instead of full 50yrs should help them keep the price down… at least one would think. Not prepaying that last 10 years should help the math. RIV is only 4 years shorter contract though and today they’re asking $225pp before incentives. Those sales opened 2019 at $188pp, and some people got in around $155pp in subsequent rounds (ex: 300pts mid-2020 [yes covid but iirc other rounds saw similar]). So not much over $3pp/py. I realize this is somewhat oversimplified, but if Poly aimed to achieve minimum $4pp/py that’s still just $170s for those bigger buy-ins. A minimum of $4.50pp/py for smaller 150pt contract would be ~$190pp.

^Will we see incentives bringing Poly Tower under $200pp? How much under $200pp?

I think the first few rounds of Poly Tower incentives won’t dip under $200pp and somewhere in the 9-18 month range maybe we’ll see $180s for 150 or 200pts. Hope so!

As far as old/new demand and point charts, I could see the tower studios matching the longhouses 2 view categories on points and the tradeoff being tower studio not as spacious and lacking the rainfall second shower. That’s probably plenty to balance demand. Both rooms would have their specialty. Convenience and shiny new for tower, old school cool for longhouses. DVD can still pump the amount of points sold with the ratio of premium view categories and most of the 1 and 2BRs matching near VGF and RIV premium views. (Higher maybe but not a crazy amount higher)

Middle seasons:

IMG_0783.jpegIMG_0782.jpeg

As far as old/new demand and point charts, I could see the tower studios matching the longhouses 2 view categories on points and the tradeoff being tower studio not as spacious and lacking the rainfall second shower. That’s probably plenty to balance demand. Both rooms would have their specialty. Convenience and shiny new for tower, old school cool for longhouses. DVD can still pump the amount of points sold with the ratio of premium view categories and most of the 1 and 2BRs matching near VGF and RIV premium views. (Higher maybe but not a crazy amount higher)

Middle seasons:

View attachment 856928View attachment 856929
100% agreed

No different than buying Poly direct right now (or last year)... or any other resort.

Historically the meaningful direct discounts are generally on 200 points and up, right? Just thinking about the benefit of purchasing three 50 points contracts one at a time when I have the cash vs trying to save for 150 points at once.

Buying new Poly with closer to 40ys of points left instead of full 50yrs should help them keep the price down… at least one would think. Not prepaying that last 10 years should help the math. RIV is only 4 years shorter contract though and today they’re asking $225pp before incentives. Those sales opened 2019 at $188pp, and some people got in around $155pp in subsequent rounds (ex: 300pts mid-2020 [yes covid but iirc other rounds saw similar]). So not much over $3pp/py. I realize this is somewhat oversimplified, but if Poly aimed to achieve minimum $4pp/py that’s still just $170s for those bigger buy-ins. A minimum of $4.50pp/py for smaller 150pt contract would be ~$190pp.

^Will we see incentives bringing Poly Tower under $200pp? How much under $200pp?

I think the first few rounds of Poly Tower incentives won’t dip under $200pp and somewhere in the 9-18 month range maybe we’ll see $180s for 150 or 200pts. Hope so!
I think we will see just under $200/pt WITH Magical Beginnings (and perhaps a higher value on MB for PVB points to make it work) somewhere around 250 points. Has anybody made a pricing speculation poll yet? There should be one poll for straight price point, a poll for 150 points and a poll for 200-300 points.

For sticker price I would propose:
- under $200
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259
- 260 +

For 150 it should be without magical beginnings
- under $180
- 180- 199
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259

Same for 200-300 (without magical beginnings), maybe adding a $160-180 tier for the dreamers?
- under $180
- 180- 199
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259

My own guess is sticker price commensurate with VDH (239?) plus, 200 points and above will be slightly below $200/pt WITH all incentives and magical beginnings for the psychological factor.

I think we will see just under $200/pt WITH Magical Beginnings (and perhaps a higher value on MB for PVB points to make it work) somewhere around 250 points. Has anybody made a pricing speculation poll yet? There should be one poll for straight price point, a poll for 150 points and a poll for 200-300 points.

For sticker price I would propose:
- under $200
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259
- 260 +

For 150 it should be without magical beginnings
- under $180
- 180- 199
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259

Same for 200-300 (without magical beginnings), maybe adding a $160-180 tier for the dreamers?
- under $180
- 180- 199
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259

My own guess is sticker price commensurate with VDH (239?) plus, 200 points and above will be slightly below $200/pt WITH all incentives and magical beginnings for the psychological factor.
Yes. We need this a poll!

Historically the meaningful direct discounts are generally on 200 points and up, right? Just thinking about the benefit of purchasing three 50 points contracts one at a time when I have the cash vs trying to save for 150 points at once.
Yeah I think generally 200pts saw a good step up in savings from the pack. In the big push last summer VGF did make 150pts very attractive and not far off from 200pt pricing, and that has been sprinkled in some DVC rounds through the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter