Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be everything that has availability issues. A lot of points are already available to book, and anyone who has already stayed in the old poly studios will want to try the newer rooms in the tower, whether they want to upgrade to a 1br/2br etc or just try the newer studios and amenities.

This is so overblown. The biggest problem will be the initial number of declared units, but you have to keep in mind the average DVC contract just doesn't have enough points to book a 1 or 2 bedroom unit—especially at PVB where studios and bungalows were the only room types offered.

These studio DVC owners aren't going to be able to afford a 1 or 2 bedroom unit especially at a premium view. I also expect the new tower studios are going to be much smaller than the current longhouse studios and may cost more points because most look to be premium view.

Add to that you will be further away from the themed pool, Oasis pool, bars, TTC, shopping, etc.

Once everything settles down, PVB tower owners will be fine.

This is so overblown. The biggest problem will be the initial number of declared units, but you have to keep in mind the average DVC contract just doesn't have enough points to book a 1 or 2 bedroom unit—especially at PVB where studios and bungalows were the only room types offered.

These studio DVC owners aren't going to be able to afford a 1 or 2 bedroom unit especially at a premium view. I also expect the new tower studios are going to be much smaller than the current longhouse studios and may cost more points because most look to be premium view.

Add to that you will be further away from the themed pool, Oasis pool, bars, TTC, shopping, etc.

In the long run, yes, but initially, there will be an issue. I know people say that PVB owners don't own enough but we don't know that for sure because there are always a lot of open rooms at PVB. IMO, that leads me to believe that many owners are trading out and my guess is to larger units, so they may indeed have enough points. Just because it was studios only, doesn't mean there were not owners who bought enough to book two connecting units regulary (which would give them enough points for some of those larger units)

So, I have a feeling there are more owners out there with enough PVB points to gobble up some of those larger units at the start which will make it difficult until the number of declared units can absorb some of the current points out there already.

I guess we will see how it shakes out next year!

Once it's fully declared and close to sold out, and the "newness" has worn off in a few years, sure it will be fine. But you are going to have a huge pool of points almost all trying to book at once at a partially declared part of one of the most popular hotels at WDW. Not to mention that all of those members could borrow points and essentially double their points to try it out when it opens.

This is the opposite of what happened at VGF. They slowly added points from a new set of only studios to an already fully declared, full spread of rooms. More people wanted to get into the original mixed unit building. Now you are having a ton of members with points already, trying to book at a the new, partially opened set of rooms, whether it be for themselves or for renters who are going to want to stay there. I don't think it will be pretty for a while

If Poly Tower is still set to open by the end of this year, at what point will DVC need to give an update on timeline and sales info and all that good stuff? I would think by some point before the end of June, correct?

I would hope towards the end of the current incentive cycle, so June. That would be helpful for anyone trying to make a decision on Riv vs Poly. Buuut Disney isn't known for being super helpful soooo... Probably July lol

Yes, it will be difficult to book a new room with points early on, in the same way that it's difficult to book at the Disneyland Villas right now, at least for certain room categories. But on the flip side, anyone that wants to pay rack rate will be able to book these rooms pretty easily.

I'm just curious how the resale market will react once Tower sales are active. We don't own direct points anywhere (yet), and I know we want to own at Poly in some way, shape, or form. Whether or not that ends up being direct or resale remains to be seen, just seems like now is probably not the best time to buy Poly resale with pricing increases over the past ~6-8 weeks, and now as I'm reading this thread I'm suddenly questioning whether it makes sense to buy there at all (compared to other options) with the potential availability concerns.

It kind of depends on what Disney prices the points at with their first incentives. If it's super high priced, resale prices could go up some more. If they sell them at low prices, then a lot of resale contracts will drop, because why would you buy resale if direct is just a tiny bit more?

It might also depend on how much they initially declare. If they declare a large portion, availability would be better, but resale might go up a bit since they would be able to get into the new tower. If they declare a small portion, availability will be tough, and many buyers may not want the fight to get into the tower rooms right away, dropping prices

Gonna be pricey, on par with GFV. The current studios are already pricey especially LV.
900 points for a week in a 2BR should cover it regardless though I'd hope.. or else we're about to see the most inflated point charts of all time. Even a 2BR lake view in VGF for a full week during Christmas is *only* 759 points..

not sure what the point cost will be but hopefully 300 points can snag a week in a 2BR once every three years 🤞
900 points for a week in a 2BR should cover it regardless though I'd hope.. or else we're about to see the most inflated point charts of all time. Even a 2BR lake view in VGF for a full week during Christmas is *only* 759 points..
Yea, I was gonna say… 300pt contract every 3 years is 900, definitely should be enough, but 100pt contract every 3 years, not so much. (300 will get you a week, but I don’t think in a 2 bedroom, except maybe non lake view in September?)

I would hope towards the end of the current incentive cycle, so June. That would be helpful for anyone trying to make a decision on Riv vs Poly. Buuut Disney isn't known for being super helpful soooo... Probably July lol

A couple of months before BPK went on sale DVC had a “fire sale” on BLT points.

Interesting they could be doing the same with OKW during this cycle.

Yea, I was gonna say… 300pt contract every 3 years is 900, definitely should be enough, but 100pt contract every 3 years, not so much. (300 will get you a week, but I don’t think in a 2 bedroom, except maybe non lake view in September?)
If It stays comparable to VGF and RIV then it should get me Sunday thru Friday then off to copper creek or Jambo house for the last 3-4 days. Until they have a fire sale on poly direct at least 😎

If It stays comparable to VGF and RIV then it should get me Sunday thru Friday then off to copper creek or Jambo house for the last 3-4 days. Until they have a fire sale on poly direct at least 😎
I would expect standard and “lake/pool” view rooms to be in the general vicinity of VGF/RIV, but I will be very surprised if the theme park view rooms aren’t significantly more, especially for the biggest rooms in peak season (Disney can easily move 2/3 bedroom suites to Poly fans at peak travel season dates if there aren’t dozens of them). Seems like it’s all upside and no downside to Disney, since many buyers will tell themselves they will get standard/lake rooms but then need to use more points (or trade out other resorts).

Purely based on speculation, I think PVB may be easier to get at 7mo because people want to stay at other resorts where they can get 2x as many nights (or a bigger room) for a comparable number of points). I like to use my VGF points at VGF but I LOVE to use them at BCV and BWV when I can. I bet I’d love the WL resorts as well if I gave them a chance.

I also remember when we stayed at Beach Club there was an attendant always stationed at the gate by the main Crescent Lake path, in addition to the wristbands at the main gate.

add me to the list of people who think the BCV wristband system works well and should be expanded there.

I've also been here several days, and concur with RichVIII's impressions.

The pool crowding has seemed worse than ever this trip, and I haven't even bothered to go in. Even the Oasis pool looks like people soup every time I walk by (don't get me started on the Lava pool spa), with no spare chairs to be seen, and not the least bit desirable. I had transferred here after a week at Beach Club, and am very much wishing they'd implement wrist bands.

Despite that, Poly is still my favorite resort overall.
Just did the reverse stayed Poly first and BC second and yeah Poly was busy but I didn't find it any more overbearing than usual. Felt the same as last summer. And I agree with all that want wristbands at Poly but I'll say this about Stormalong Bay...it's tough but not impossible to get in. Was my first stay there and by the second day I realized a workaround that could get you into the pool area without needing a wristband. As an owner I'll never tell a soul but it's there alright and it's pretty easy of a workaround.

Just did the reverse stayed Poly first and BC second and yeah Poly was busy but I didn't find it any more overbearing than usual. Felt the same as last summer. And I agree with all that want wristbands at Poly but I'll say this about Stormalong Bay...it's tough but not impossible to get in. Was my first stay there and by the second day I realized a workaround that could get you into the pool area without needing a wristband. As an owner I'll never tell a soul but it's there alright and it's pretty easy of a workaround.
Getting in is one thing but getting on the water slides, getting towels, food service, etc, is entirely another. If you have a visible wristband on, it’s unobtrusive but if you have it under a swim shirt you’ll be asked to show it. It’s probably not foolproof but it’s going to make it much harder for non-guests to access the most capacity constrained elements.

@TheDailyMoo — re: the photo you just posted, I’d like to believe it’s the splash pad area but I’m pretty sure that I’m seeing the foundation for an infinity edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter