• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

It's Showtime! September 2023 Exercise Challenge

I’ve never seen a B&tB show, even at DHS. But I see at least one otherwise Disney-connected name on that playbill!

+40

210/1500
Would you be referring to Susan Egan who also voices Meg in Hercules? She's also the voice of Rose Quartz in one of my favorite non-Disney animated series, Steven Universe. 😍

Terrence Mann also played King Triton in a stage production of The Little Mermaid, but it wasn't on Broadway.

I am back. I am going to start off small with 300 and work on getting myself back into the swing of things.

I have seen the Live Action, the old animation one as well as the show in Hollywood Studios. I love the show but have yet to see the play. I would like to at some point though.
Welcome back!!!!

We have more color changes to celebrate today! ShannyMcB and livih99 flew straight to Backstage Blue and CarolineBowmanFan37 is the first to reach Ovation Orange! Way to go!!! :stitch: :tigger::stitch: :tigger: :stitch: :tigger:

Beauty and the Beast was nominated for several Tony Awards, including best musical, best actress in a leading role (Susan Egan), and best actor in a leading role (Terrence Mann). It won the Tony for costume design.

Here's the complete list of nominations the musical received:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/tonyawardsshowinfo.php?showname=Beauty and the Beast

And here's a clip of the cast's Tony performance:

As well as a promo reel for the musical:

It's a big day for color changes! Elizabeth Smith is now Backstage Blue. CarolineBowmanFan37 has reached Performance Pink. And our TEAM is at Ovation Orange. Way to go, everyone!!!! :stitch: :tigger: :Pinkbounc

Disney's Beauty and the Beast the Musical Fun Facts:

• Has grossed over $1.7 billion
  • Has played in 13 countries and 115 cities
  • 7 new songs were written for the musical with 1 of them written specifically for Toni Braxton when she played Belle in 1998
  • Some famous women have played Belle in the musical over the years https://playbill.com/article/from-susan-egan-to-toni-braxton-look-back-at-the-belles-of-broadway
  • It took a year and a half to develop the Enchantress’ fireball and it is the first known throwable hand-held device of its kind. She can hold the ball of fire in her hand until it burns out without any physical damage.
  • Lumiere’s hands are made of a flameproof plastic surrounding a flame device that uses one ounce of liquid butane per hand per show.
  • The Beast needed three people to help him into make-up, prosthetics, hair and wardrobe. Originally this process took over three hours before each performance; after awhile, it took only one hour. To help achieve his animal-like appearance, he wore special latex gloves and had special rubber toes glued to the outside of his boots.
  • Lumiere’s second act headpiece is made of polyurethane and weighs less than a pound.
  • Belle’s ball gown weighs thirty pounds
  • In 2019, Beauty and the Beast's return to Broadway was announced but there has since been no word as to the theatre or opening date. I wonder if the pandemic put an end to those plans.
Bonus video of Susan Egan performing a Beauty and the Beast medley at a Broadway Princess Party:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter