"It's a Disney-fied island". A Disney Hilton Head DVC trip report June 21-28

Another great TR with wonderful tips !! Thanks for sharing !

You're welcome!

We were so happy with the resort and will definitely return!

We really did have the same trip didn't we? We are planning a trip for October.

Enjoyed reading your TR. HHI is somewhere we would like to go, so I enjoyed reading about it.

You should go. It's amazing.

I really enjoyed your report! I'm always wary of going to touristy places and getting stuck with a bad meal like you guys did. I'm glad to see the whole island isn't like that, or at least the Disney part. There's much more to do at the resort than I'd imagined. I think I might be able to convince my bf to go!

We try to do at least one touristy thing on all of our trips. It wasn't horrible, it really wasn't, but it wasn't great.

Hi "Chelley00"
I really enjoyed your trip report. So much so that I clicked on the links to your other two reports. Your info about Wyndham Bonnet Creek was very helpful as we plan to stay there next year.

Wow on the food issues. You are so brave about it. I know I'd be whining and crying.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Bonnet Creek. Try and find the Pay It Forward thread and sign up for a PIF bin.

And I cry and whine about the food issues. And I cheat and then feel gross later :scared:

So glad I randomly came across your TR. My DH and I have talked about going to HHI for a future vacation. I was shocked a Disney resort restaurant thought Gluten free was a salad. It's actually a little scary. Our youngest DD is ANA to eggs, and DS is ANA to shellfish. We'll need to be extra cautious and plan more meals in than out.

Most of the meals need to be out anyhow since the Disney counter services close so early and don't have many options. Remember you will have a full kitchen too, so that helps.

So now I've started reading on to your food allergies around Orlando. And I have a follow up question were the Mickey waffles you got at HHI gluten/egg/diary free? So I'm understanding this right, they were able to accommodate your food allergies some, just not as prepared as at WDW?

The Mickey waffles were not gluten/egg free and neither was the bagel. I'm not ANA (just ingestion) so I can do eggs in baked goods as long as it's little amounts. WDW made gluten/egg/dairy free waffles but HHI definitely could not.

Enjoyed your trip report! We visited HH last August and loved it. We did a lot of the same things you did and so it was fun to re-live it...thanks!

I'm glad it made you relive your trip. We miss it so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter