Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Can you speak more about what you liked at about RIV? I always value your insights.
Sure..but I don’t want to hijack the thread! So I’ll try to be brief and list what we liked.
1. The one bedrooms are pristine and beautiful. We had the view across the lake and loved it.
2. “Quiet” pool on this trip especially was expansive and serene. Really peaceful and nice.
3. Had meals at Primo Piatto, Bar Riva, and Topolino’s. All great. Primo Piatto has considerably improved over the years.
4. Skyline super convenient and fun.
5. The gym is clean and nice, and close to everything.
6. Loved nighttime walks around the lake.
7. Hotel and grounds are so nice, but not so huge that it’s a trek to the pool and back.
8. Le Petit Cafe feels high end and a nice resource.
9. Our room was dead quiet at night.
10. Felt like we were in a different, escapist, and more luxurious world.

Sure..but I don’t want to hijack the thread! So I’ll try to be brief and list what we liked.
1. The one bedrooms are pristine and beautiful. We had the view across the lake and loved it.
2. “Quiet” pool on this trip especially was expansive and serene. Really peaceful and nice.
3. Had meals at Primo Piatto, Bar Riva, and Topolino’s. All great. Primo Piatto has considerably improved over the years.
4. Skyline super convenient and fun.
5. The gym is clean and nice, and close to everything.
6. Loved nighttime walks around the lake.
7. Hotel and grounds are so nice, but not so huge that it’s a trek to the pool and back.
8. Le Petit Cafe feels high end and a nice resource.
9. Our room was dead quiet at night.
10. Felt like we were in a different, escapist, and more luxurious world.

As someone who is not a fan of the Riviera, I will say that I strongly agree with three of your items:

Primo Piatto is the best quick service at a DVC.
Topolino's is the best signature dining (maybe along with Jiko) at a DVC.
And an actual espresso maker (not one of the push-button computerized units found at AKV and elsewhere) in Petit Cafe is a very nice addition and should be in every last DVC.

I am looking forward to hearing about the amenities. I am really hoping they have a gym. I know Poly guests could use the gym at GF but as someone who wakes up before the crack of dawn to go to the gym, waking in the dark on the path didn't work for me. I am also hoping they don't think they can expect this whole new tower to head over to the GF gym.

The kids would love an arcade since they took out the tiny one Poly had to make Trader Sam's. Also hoping some decent food without having to head over to the main lobby.

Someone may know the answer to this. If I book a cash reservation and then buy points (I'm thinking they will go for sale when the current offers expire) I guess the ability to transfer to a points reservation will depend on availability, right?

Excellent timing that this just got delivered. It’s a very DVC kind of day, apparently 😌
View attachment 858366
Not PVB related, but where did you get that? Is that one you can only order if you're staying at a WDW resort?

On PVB note, we're west coasters (Own at VDH and AUL), but at some point we will probably buy into somewhere at WDW. Cabins were interesting until the dues came out. Maybe PVB will finally be our way in.

I’m just reading the statement put out on the Disney Parks Blog

“Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will feature a variety of room types that will sleep from two to nine guests, such as duo studios, spacious one- and two-bedroom villas and brand-new two-bedroom penthouse villas. Many rooms will feature spectacular views”

So there’s going to be standard 2-bedrooms, as we’ve always had, but the penthouse 2-bedrooms are a new type of accommodation? What do we think will make these different?

In comparing the original artist’s rendering w/ the current one I notice they’ve eliminated the waterfall in the corner - which to me was the element that added some beauty to the facade, so I’m sad to see that eliminated likely to save $, likewise the pool looked interesting before w/ the raised water feature but now is just…a flat pool. They’ve also changed the area in front of the pool from a sandy beach to a lawn, I hope they aren’t going w/ astroturf :(.
I pulled these photos from the link on page 1
IMG_0090.jpeg
& https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/pol...on-club-villas-planned-for-polynesian-in-2024
IMG_0091.jpeg

Not PVB related, but where did you get that? Is that one you can only order if you're staying at a WDW resort?

On PVB note, we're west coasters (Own at VDH and AUL), but at some point we will probably buy into somewhere at WDW. Cabins were interesting until the dues came out. Maybe PVB will finally be our way in.
I never realized the Disneyland site might not have these offerings, especially since Magicbands are fairly new over there! Yes, you can pre-order them when you have a stay booked on-site. I have an AP so I can get them anytime but I only casually take a look from time to time to see if there’s any new offerings on the website (they’re slightly discounted online and you can get them personalized with your name on the back). This was the first time I’d seen this DVC one. I assume it’ll be in the parks soon enough like the other DVC magic band!

As someone who is not a fan of the Riviera, I will say that I strongly agree with three of your items:

Primo Piatto is the best quick service at a DVC.
Topolino's is the best signature dining (maybe along with Jiko) at a DVC.
And an actual espresso maker (not one of the push-button computerized units found at AKV and elsewhere) in Petit Cafe is a very nice addition and should be in every last DVC.
I was just saying this yesterday - why not have Petit Cafes (or something truly comparable) in every DVC. Seems like a no brainer to me.

In comparing the original artist’s rendering w/ the current one I notice they’ve eliminated the waterfall in the corner - which to me was the element that added some beauty to the facade, so I’m sad to see that eliminated likely to save $, likewise the pool looked interesting before w/ the raised water feature but now is just…a flat pool. They’ve also changed the area in front of the pool from a sandy beach to a lawn, I hope they aren’t going w/ astroturf :(.
I pulled these photos from the link on page 1
View attachment 858368
& https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/pol...on-club-villas-planned-for-polynesian-in-2024
View attachment 858369
Personally I don’t get the point of the faux-beaches when they’re non-swimming, non-wading areas anyway. A grassy area is probably more useful, and nicer than concrete all the way to the fence. Regardless, sand will be a short walk away at GF or in front of the longhouses.

That is quite the change though. Actually looks like less seating area?

Personally I don’t get the point of the faux-beaches when they’re non-swimming, non-wading areas anyway. A grassy area is probably more useful, and nicer than concrete all the way to the fence. Regardless, sand will be a short walk away at GF or in front of the longhouses.

That is quite the change though. Actually looks like less seating area?
Those beaches are a great place to stand if you want to be eaten alive anyway... We've never had little jumping hell bugs eating our legs on the astroturf but the couple of times we attempted the Poly beaches have been a nightmare.

With a BLT contract (resale) and VGF (direct) I'm still looking forward to try the original PVB, hoping the Tower will take some of the demand off of those as I haven't successfully booked one yet and with the refurb soon to be going on at BLT, will want more options. Then someday get to try the Island Tower too! The art looks beautiful and calming, a contrast from the frenetic Poly lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter