Insomniacs unite

I have the problem where I can't turn my mind off when I lay down. My thoughts race to all kinds of things but I will say it seems like I always come up with the best ideas and solutions then too. :)

I put on a podcast or audio book on a small tablet that I listen to while trying to sleep. It at least gives my mind something else to think about and keeps me from all those looping ideas over and over again. Yes, they still happen, but concentrating on the audio seems to help a great deal. Now if I could just not wake up repeatedly all night long I'd have this solved.

I sleep jinxed myself last night after posting in here. LOL I was sleepy but still tossed and turned. I took some Sudafed for a lingering cold, so that might have contributed. I’m keeping myself busy today in hopes to wear out thee ole noggin’.

I know this sounds odd but there's something about AJs voice on the Disney Food Blog that puts me to sleep. I can never listen to a Youtube video of hers while lying down...l always wake back up half way through and have to rewind.
I had a sociology instructor with a voice like that and it was an early class after working night shift. I needed toothpicks to hold my eyes open!

I hate that partial in and out consciousness where you don't even know if you're dreaming or awake. My dreams follow my racing thoughts a lot. Work, relationships, etc.
No doubt.

Went to bed at 10PM, after getting up at 3AM. Woke up at 11:30. 11:30!! was in this in and out of sleep mode till 3 and gave up.

Worst part...I spent the day fixing a door that was not shutting properly, replacing the rail on my garage door, and installing an electrical outlet for a garage door opener. Then I made dinner. so a very busy day.

Had two strong drinks - made the Mardi Jaws from Universal with overproof rum (Ray and Nephew 126 Proof)

Still no sleep. Need to put that garage door in today and fix another door for a sick family member.
Hate doing this stuff sleep deprived.

4:15, give or take 15 mins, seems to be some sort of new internal alarm for me. It sure does make for a non productive day for me when I am just walking around like a zombie, can't concentrate.
I have to figure this out asap. After helping train a lot of new hires for our agency, I'm back on the phones this week for week doing customer service. I can't be this sleep deprived.....

I have spent the past few days going back and forth to hospital. DH was meant to be in another night but he convinced the doc that his wife the nurse could look after him at home. He failed to mention that I now work as a case manager from home and not in clinical. He didn’t send him home with nebulizer. So he was sent home and we were up all flipping night. He’s resting now and I’m wide awake. At least it’s a quiet pretty pink sky morning.

I have spent the past few days going back and forth to hospital. DH was meant to be in another night but he convinced the doc that his wife the nurse could look after him at home. He failed to mention that I now work as a case manager from home and not in clinical. He didn’t send him home with nebulizer. So he was sent home and we were up all flipping night. He’s resting now and I’m wide awake. At least it’s a quiet pretty pink sky morning.
I’m sorry you are awake but glad to hear he is resting. I hope he is on the road to recovery.

I’m sorry you are awake but glad to hear he is resting. I hope he is on the road to recovery.
Thank you! 😘 He is so much better. Scared me half to death the other night. I really had to force him to go to the hospital. I wanted to call an ambulance but he really didn’t want me to. I was afraid he might not make it. He’s breathing a lot better but keeps having coughing jags.

Thank you! 😘 He is so much better. Scared me half to death the other night. I really had to force him to go to the hospital. I wanted to call an ambulance but he really didn’t want me to. I was afraid he might not make it. He’s breathing a lot better but keeps having coughing jags.
Scary stuff. Glad he’s okay now and hopefully you both can get some good rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter