I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Was this the app where she checked the 'unemployed' box? I remembered that when applying this morning with Chase and checked 'other'.
Yep. They sent us a list of documents that we could send them. Only one was necessary but we sent them everything. My W2, our joint 1040, pay stubs, bank statements, a letter from me with my photo ID that says my wife has full access to all of our combined household finances.

PP lounge options for SFO? Is there only one option with the CSR PP? Hoping I can make use of this while connecting thru there...

Yep. They sent us a list of documents that we could send them. Only one was necessary but we sent them everything. My W2, our joint 1040, pay stubs, bank statements, a letter from me with my photo ID that says my wife has full access to all of our combined household finances.
Baaaaaahahahaha now they're telling us 3 weeks after apparently lying to us for the past 10 days. What a clown company this is.

I like MRs for Hilton as well. Points ordinarily transfer at a 1:2 ratio, but they often run a 30% transfer bonus, meaning that during this promotion, points transfer at a 1:2.6 ratio. In other words, you get 2,600 Hilton Honors points for every 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards points transferred.
I like it as a top up but not as a primary use of MR. The value just isn't there, even with the transfer bonus. I'm looking to book a single night at a limited service property near MCO for one night for my September trip. HHonors points works out to 0.38 cpp. At 2.6 Honors points per MR, that works out to 0.988 CPP. I can do better than that booking domestic flights on Delta. I have the Honors points so will probably book it anyway, but I wouldn't transfer MR to do so.

I just found out that my 14 year old doggie probably has a carcinoma pushing into her bladder. To confirm if it's cancer, they need to do a specialized test on her urine sample from last week, which will cost $400.00. This is after her $700.00 u/s yesterday. Poor girl. She has been drinking and peeing excessively. I am not ready for anything to happen to her -- she's been such a huge part of our lives for the past 14 years :sad:.
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm sadly dealing with something similar with our 9 year old cat. I dropped $5k on him about 3 weeks ago at the animal ER (inclusive of x rays, ultrasounds, bloodwork and a blood transfusion). Then the animal oncologist that we went to a two days later wanted to "aspirate" his stomache mass, but did not have anyone there until the next week. We decided to do comfort care with steriods. We are NOT ready to let our boy go. He's my daughter's unofficial emotional support cat and when it is his time we are all going to be a total mess. He really is the best boy.

I will say though, that he's been on prednisone for the past 19 days and he's still acting normal, with the exception of seemingly tired more often-- but he is a cat! He has started gaining some weight back. That was my trigger to take him to the vet suddenly and they told told us that he was too anemic to diagnose and treat him and they wanted us to go to the ER immediately. The prednisone has seemingly (I hope)started to put that (what they think is) cancer into remission as they said it would. We are taking him outside several times each day now because he loves going outside with us, and we're giving him any food that he wants (as much as he wants) and loving on him 24/7.

I am thinking about you. You are seen... <3

I like it as a top up but not as a primary use of MR. The value just isn't there, even with the transfer bonus. I'm looking to book a single night at a limited service property near MCO for one night for my September trip. HHonors points works out to 0.38 cpp. At 2.6 Honors points per MR, that works out to 0.988 CPP. I can do better than that booking domestic flights on Delta. I have the Honors points so will probably book it anyway, but I wouldn't transfer MR to do so.

I think this is a case of everyone churns differently. One of my favorite things about this hobby is staying in fancy hotels I wouldn't pay cash for. So paying 110k Hilton for something that's $1000+ a night is about 1 cpp Hilton (or 2.8 cpp MR with the transfer bonus). When we stayed at the Conrad Bora Bora with 5th night free, I got 1.6 cpp Hilton.

I still have lots of Hilton points, so I won't be doing the transfer. Most of our stays lately have been on FNC, which is an even better deal. If I didn't have the points and I was actively stalking something, I can see myself doing the transfer.

Thinking about the Hilton bonus transfer - we are going to London (5 nights) and Paris (4 nights) in Sept. We will definitely be using IHG points at one location, and now I'm thinking maybe transferring MRs to Hilton for the other. Does anyone have a good Hilton recommendation for either city?

PP lounge options for SFO? Is there only one option with the CSR PP? Hoping I can make use of this while connecting thru there...

When's your trip? If it's before July 1, you can still use the restaurants. Otherwise, there are 3 lounges but they're all in International Terminal A.

So I'm only 20 pages behind, LOL.

So OF COURSE my BF's Caesar's Diamond status hit his account the day we were flying home from Vegas. But we were able to "household" match at MGM which made it possible for him to get MGM Gold, Wynn Platinum (I got it too) and Fontainebleau Gold. So we have LOTS of free stuff in Vegas to use, LOL.

Where do I find my free night for being a hyatt brand explorer? Our stay at Impressions got us that. So I want to check what the expiration on that is.

I just booked a quick trip for me and the kids to NC. I managed to get 3 nights on the beach thanks to my Hilton F&F! I was shocked they were the only cheap dates left this summer! I'm booking us on AA as I don't think we can manage to all get to OAJ via non-rev. First we all have to get to ATL which can be hard, and then OAJ. So I'll burn some AA miles.

I have so many medical bills to pay right now. I need to cancel one of my CIU cards and get a new one. I cancelled my IHG Biz card, well I'm trying to. And I saw I'll miss the higher SUB since that ends next week, and I have to wait until June :( I just hope Chase lets me get a new CIU since I have so many bills I really need to pay!

Not sure if I shared here, but my school is cutting my position down to VERY part time. Our union lost all the rights to protect us. So I can't displace a newer younger teacher :( I'm trying to figure out what the next chapter of my life will look like. But I'm trying to tell myself I'll be okay! Ideally I would love a remote position to juggle the issue my DD and DS have (since I won't have FMLA with any new job). Hopefully I can find something and not dip into my savings too much. I think my ultimate backup plan is subbing in a local district (not the one I'm leaving). It won't cover the bills, but it will atleast bring in some extra money while I figure this all out!

Okay back to reading 20 more pages, LOL.

Hello all, does chase still do the MDD? I have spoke to 4 agents today and no one will approve my second app. I applied yesterday for the reserve and today for the preferred. TIA.

After my success this morning with a CSP app, I used my support link for DH's CIU app. Got the 'need more time' message, but 3 hours later it was approved with a $6000 CL. June estimated taxes will go along way toward the MSR.

Several days ago we tried the upgrade offer on his Amex Blue Cash Everyday. ($150 cash back, no AF for a year) He had an email offer, it was also there when he logged into his account. He got a message that his card was not eligible for an upgrade? Weird. Now he has an email that his new card is ready to ship. Not sure if that is the Blue Cash Preferred or what. Today in the postal mail he got yet another upgrade offer for the card.

Anybody here been to Castel Sant Angelo in Rome? I would like to get tickets but can't find what the official site is. The one site I find that looks kind of right requires me to make an account, which makes me think it's not right.

Thinking about the Hilton bonus transfer - we are going to London (5 nights) and Paris (4 nights) in Sept. We will definitely be using IHG points at one location, and now I'm thinking maybe transferring MRs to Hilton for the other. Does anyone have a good Hilton recommendation for either city?
we loved hilton Paddington. convenient, large room with rollaway for our son. Also stayed Hilton Opera in Paris which was also very nice

Thinking ahead for my next Amex card. Need something to hold MRs. I have the biz gold. I was looking at the no AF biz card (BBP). Can you still transfer MRs to partners with that card or should I keep the biz gold or look for something else?

I visited both cities May 2023 and stayed at Hilton properties. We stayed at the Conrad St. James in London and loved it. The Undergorund is literally across the street from the front doors. It is also walkable to many of the big sites. If you are Platinum, you can do breakfast in the lounge or their restaurants. We ate in the restaurants and the buffet was decent. You could get eggs made fresh. In Paris, we stayed at the Hilton Opera. I wrote here recently about the fact that my feelings about the hotel have changed for the better since getting home. When we were first home, I said I would not stay there again. However, I realized my opinion was jaded because I was comparing it to my stay at the Park Hyatt the previous year. That is not a fair comparison. Now I say I would stay there again, but be aware that it is basically at the train station front doors. So it is extremely busy the minute you step out the doors. Very busy road in front of the hotel and the train station right behind it. They have a lounge but I am not sure if it served breakfast or not. The breakfast restaurant was right next to the lounge and we ate in the restaurant. It was decent, with fresh eggs as well. While I would stay there again, I would only do so if I didn't have a better option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter