I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

If I only had 3 days and had been before I wouldn’t go.
I think a lot of us are going for the first time and enjoying more time in Paris than just 3 days.
Thanks. This makes sense (although in 2022 with a full week there we still didn't find the time). I think I'm torn between seeing things I've seen before and going to DLP which I've also seen before. LOL I also think that it's going to be slammed in mid-July, which is
Dd and I went to DLP for a day from Paris in 2012. While we enjoyed our time in the parks, there were a few things that I recall that I didn't enjoy: people smoking everywhere (including in the lines for the rides) -- I do hope that they have cracked down on this because when we were the cast members refused to say anything to the people smoking, and a few rides breaking down while we were in line (Haunted Mansion was the worst). I will probably go back again, but I'd rather go the the designer outlet mall (1 RER stop before DLP) and taking the train almost an hour outside of Paris 2 days on a 5 day stay is too much for me. If you like designer clothing, handbags, shoes, accessories, etc. you'd probably enjoy the outlets more because there are some insanely good prices to be had!
We went with our DD in 2011 and had a very similar experience to what you're describing (hence my waffling about going back). I have a good friend who shops at those outlets whenever she goes to Paris and I have seen what she brought back (and the prices were fantastic). DH is decidedly NOT a shopper and I don't think I could drag him there under any circumstances (and if I managed to convince him I think he'd have a miserable time) so it's not on my list. Maybe I'll get there someday.
Got targeted Hyatt promos by e-mail. Saw 2x elite nights up to 10 total and was excited until I realized it was to my e-mail. DH is the one working towards milestones/status. He only got 1000 bonus points per night up to 10k.

We have summer travel that will max both out. For the Andaz Seoul, I made the second room Guest of Honor to me since I read they might count my DS as an adult and not cover his breakfast.
I always get those good offers, while DH who is the one who chases Globalist each year ends up with the kind that your DH got. :( I think they know. Have a great time in Seoul!

ETA - just checked and of course I have the good promo and he doesn't.

Last edited:
I have an IHG question, I have Platinum status due to holding the CC and I usually book with that card (cash or points). However, I'm looking to use my CSP $50 credit this summer and book a room through the Chase portal. Does anyone have any experience in receiving the Plat benefits when booking this way? Basically I'm hoping for an upgraded room.
I booked a Hampton Inn for a stay last Saturday night using my CSP to get the $50.00 credit. The front desk agent, who was super nice, told me that since I booked through Expedia I didn't get my free snacks. I was fine with this as it's what I expected. In the past I have received status benefits when booking through AmEx, but it doesn't work the same through Chase.

Speaking of the Hampton Inn, it was in Levis, Quebec and was built in 2017, but looked and felt newer. I booked their biggest room, which was really nice. Super clean and extremely quiet (it was at the end of the hall and was the only room on that side of the elevators). Last year in Levis we stayed at the Four Points, but since we had dd's cat with us (and the FP doesn't allow pets), we had to find another hotel. I'd definitely stay at the Hampton Inn again -- I preferred it over the FP because they had breakfast and the FP didn't (had to pay for breakkie at a cafe across the street). The Cdn bacon at the Hampton was amazing, like seriously good, as were the waffles. If anyone is going to Old Quebec City, I'd recommend staying at the Hampton Inn, which is just across the river (can take a short ferry ride across) and much less expensive. We will stay there again in September.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Truro, NS on Friday night. I swear I will never stay there again. It's the nicest hotel in tiny Truro, NS, but they have a serious issue with noise. I knew in advance (I called and asked) that there was a gymnastics competition in town, but was assured by the CSR that there would be no noise issues after 11pm. That was not the case -- this time it wasn't kids running up and down the halls, the noise was coming to my room through the vent, which was right above my bed. I could hear conversations and the thump thump of loud base until well after 2am. The front desk couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything because I couldn't tell them which room it was coming from (I told them if they gave me a schematic of their ventilation system I could likely pinpoint the room for them). The only choice will be for me to stay in Dartmouth and drive 45 mins to dd's campus in the fall, but at least I will get a decent night sleep. It seems that the hotel gets a lot of team bookings and they cater to the teams.

Last edited:
Dd and I went to DLP for a day from Paris in 2012. While we enjoyed our time in the parks, there were a few things that I recall that I didn't enjoy: people smoking everywhere (including in the lines for the rides) -- I do hope that they have cracked down on this because when we were the cast members refused to say anything to the people smoking, and a few rides breaking down while we were in line (Haunted Mansion was the worst). I will probably go back again, but I'd rather go the the designer outlet mall (1 RER stop before DLP) and taking the train almost an hour outside of Paris 2 days on a 5 day stay is too much for me. If you like designer clothing, handbags, shoes, accessories, etc. you'd probably enjoy the outlets more because there are some insanely good prices to be had!
We are staying at Marriott's Village d'Ile de France (MVF) resort outside DLP the first week of September. I exchanged my Marriott Willow Ridge week for it. I own in a few timeshare systems because you can get some good deals.

MVF is on a bus route that runs between DLP and the outlet mall referenced above. There are bus stops right outside the entrance to the resort, which also has a shuttle to DLP. We will likely do three days in the parks, one day in the neighborhood including La Vallee Village mall. Reims for a day by train and Paris for a day. (We have been before)

This is our first big points game trip. Virgin Atlantic upper class SEA-LHR using UR from subs +30% transfer bonus.
Five nights at Conrad St. James then Eurostar to DLP. Return from DLP for five nights at the Waldorf Hilton. Fly home non-stop LHR-PDX on BA business class. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks to all in the group for all the knowledge and suggestions I have read over the previous months.

Last edited:
Thanks on both of these, @palhockeymomof2

Hoping that the prednisone works to kill some of the cancer, as they say that it will, as he's in really good spirits, chasing bugs, demanding more tuna, telling off the dog, doing his normal cat stuff. We are not ready to let go or for him to let go. It's been especially hard knowing that we have a 3 week European trip taking place in less than 60 days and there's SO MUCH unknown right now.

As for the kidney disease so sorry to hear about your pup. My 16 year old cat has had "kidney disease" for years - I'm thinking 3-4 years?... and we feed her K/D solely. Last time I took her to the vet she was no longer in kidney failure. That K/D worked.
My 10 yr old cat got sick about 2 years ago. Turns out she only has 1 kidney. after a hospital stay, iv fluids or awhile and hills prescription kd , her cbd counts are normal and no more bouts of pancreatis. she's the miracle cat. yes, Hill's prescription is expensive but what isn't! and thankfully even though she's an indoor cat I did have pet insurance. helped soften the blow

Thanks on both of these, @palhockeymomof2

Hoping that the prednisone works to kill some of the cancer, as they say that it will, as he's in really good spirits, chasing bugs, demanding more tuna, telling off the dog, doing his normal cat stuff. We are not ready to let go or for him to let go. It's been especially hard knowing that we have a 3 week European trip taking place in less than 60 days and there's SO MUCH unknown right now.

As for the kidney disease so sorry to hear about your pup. My 16 year old cat has had "kidney disease" for years - I'm thinking 3-4 years?... and we feed her K/D solely. Last time I took her to the vet she was no longer in kidney failure. That K/D worked.
years?... and we feed her K/D solely. Last time I took her to the vet she was no longer in kidney failure. That K/D worked.
My 10 yr old cat got sick about 2 years ago. Turns out she only has 1 kidney. after a hospital stay, iv fluids or awhile and hills prescription kd , her cbd counts are normal and no more bouts of pancreatis. she's the miracle cat. yes, Hill's prescription is expensive but what isn't! and thankfully even though she's an indoor cat I did have pet insurance. helped soften the blow

I need a new dishwasher and it will help me meet my new MSR. I am going to buy a Bosch, but am debating between the 100 and 300 series. Also debating on where to buy it since I will need it installed. Considering Costco, Lowes and Best Buy. Anybody have any experience/advice to share about these choices?

I need a new dishwasher and it will help me meet my new MSR. I am going to buy a Bosch, but am debating between the 100 and 300 series. Also debating on where to buy it since I will need it installed. Considering Costco, Lowes and Best Buy. Anybody have any experience/advice to share about these choices?
We bought an 800 series one about a year and a half ago when it was still really hard to find any Bosch dishwashers and that was the one we were able to find locally. It was at Lowe's and they did the install for us and did a good job with it (but we had to wait 2-3 weeks and it felt like forever). Hopefully things are back to normal and you'll be able to find what you like quickly. We had an extra point with Lowes on the Amex cards, which was nice.

I am looking at booking a SW flight for my DD using my UR points. I have never done this but it looks like I can transfer them to my RR account (1:1) but not to DD's account as she is not an authorized user on my CSR. I guess that's fine as long as I can use my RR points to book her flight. Can anyone please confirm this?

Also, it says that it can take up to 7 days to transfer points but that won't work because I need to book the flight today. Does it normally transfer immediately? I imagine SW needs CYA language just in case...

Also, I guess I have to make sure to transfer "more than enough" points (in $1000 increments) to cover the complete ticket price? I see they are planning to implement "Cash + Points" but I don't think that started yet. I wish it had because that would be more convenient.
IME..the transfer is instant and you can book your daughter using your RR points

A few years ago I got a Bosch 100 series from home Depo…only because Costco didn’t carry it…did research with consumer reports etc…love it..I just wanted something simple….no need to rinse off dishes etc cleans everything

Last edited:
I recently booked flights for our family using URs. I transferred the points to my account, then booked all 4 tickets. I had to transfer a little extra, since you can only transfer in multiples of 1,000.

For some reason, I had to log off my RR account and log back in for the points balance to update, but the transfer was otherwise immediate.

IME..the transfer is instant and you can book your daughter using your RR points
THANK YOU!! Wow, that was so easy! The points showed up instantly. I didn't even have to log back in. I love this hobby!!

I bought an 800 series from Costco about six months ago. The delivery was fine but the installation wasn't the best in that the installer was rude and messy (two seperate appointments on the same day). I had to have an outlet installed so it actually wasn't free delivery. I had much better experiences with the fridge and oven I ordered from Costco because I only dealt with delivery. Obviously this could have happened with any big box store. And I do love the dishwasher. It's quiet and so easy to load.

I love the 800 we got because of the "Crystal dry" tech. It's much better at drying plastics than other dishwashers. If that doesn't matter then a lower model will do. Oh, except that only some come with the third rack and I love that, too, I'd make sure I would at least get one with the third rack.

Often there are extra points for Best Buy or Lowe's on Amex cards. Otherwise, I don't think it matters, the speed of service and installation quality will likely vary more among individual stores within the same chain than between chains.

Got an upgrade offer for my old Amex Marriott that used to be SPG that I've had forever. Upgrade to the Brilliant - spend 6K in 6 months and get 85K points. $650 annual fee.

Amex also thanked me for putting spend on my old Brilliant that I downgraded to the same card as they want to upgrade. I put a large restaurant charge on it because they had given me a $20 credit that I needed to use up.

I'm conflicted because I'm fairly low on Marriott points. If I upgrade now my 85K free night wouldn't come until May which means I couldn't use it this fall near Disney. Wait - just realized I'm due for a FNC 'this' May, but the earned one is 35K, unless they give me an 85K one as part of my upgrade.

Still thinking...

According to my niece the Swan Reserve is nice and I wouldn't mind checking it out for a few nights in December.

Advice on PC to ritz card from a Marriott bold? For P2, who travels for business maybe monthly (used to be more so may increase) and usually stays at Marriott properties. I’ve seen reviews that recommend it but am worried about redeeming incidental credits/getting enough value to make it worth it. He is lifetime gold so status doesn’t matter. If not that, any other recs? Is the Marriott card even worth having?

Got nerfed by SW yesterday. I had made my holiday flights to ORD flying nonstop from RSW. Got notified on one flight of four that there had been a change. They are no longer flying nonstop to ORD. Not surprised as the ORD SW flights didn't seem to catch on. For us, we lose a lot of value out from the CP with this change as we don't like to fly to MDW when we need to rely on Uber or car rental.

Also noticed they opened the schedule through March 5.

I think we have a 300 but not sure—very happy with it. We bought from Costco (4 year warranty) and had no issues.

Got nerfed by SW yesterday. I had made my holiday flights to ORD flying nonstop from RSW. Got notified on one flight of four that there had been a change. They are no longer flying nonstop to ORD. Not surprised as the ORD SW flights didn't seem to catch on. For us, we lose a lot of value out from the CP with this change as we don't like to fly to MDW when we need to rely on Uber or car rental.

Is it distance with Uber that’s the issue? I hate rideshare at ORD but haven’t had an issue at MDW.

Yesterday Southwest announced that they are pulling out of our regional airport completely.

Glad I never bothered to get a Southwest credit card.

We just got the 100 series last month from Lowe's and so far we're happy with it. We installed ourselves though so can't speak to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter