• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever been upgraded

neat! I didn't even know this was possible. Something to look forward to ... at least ONCE in the next 50 years, I hope :-D

Members since 2000 with 1-2 trips per year with never an upgrade. We did have a strange situation last summer at VGF though. We had done early check in and received a text about 1pm that our studio villa was ready. We went to the room and it was very warm. After a few minutes we realize the AC wasn't working. I went down to the front desk to be told that a work order had been put in and a repair person should be there shortly. To make a long story short, we did not have working air until after 5pm. I asked several times for us to be moved to a different studio, but they said "no can do." They did give us a $200 credit plus 3 anytime fast passes for our trouble. The strange thing was that the original maintenance log was put into the computer at 10:30am by housekeeping (the front desk attendant actually showed me the screen). The mistake was in texting us that the room was ready.
$200? That's fantastic! I read about people staying at the poly bungalows not having running water and after several hours without even being able to brush teeth, having to ask for bottled water. Nothing more offered by Disney. Good to know it's CM dependent.

Last summer we were upgraded from a value to standard partial savannah view.

Got another upgrade this past weekend at AKL-Jambo. Reserved a standard studio, on Sunday before leaving the house checked status of points, made a reservation, etc; found that I had more points in my account than I should of had and points in Holding that should not of been there. On the way from home to AKL, I called MS, asked for a status of my points, and they stated they saw the same thing on there system.
After being put on hold, MS came back with an explanation, stating the we had been upgraded from a standard to a full-savanna view room. The points in holding are there for the backroom process of the upgrade. Checked my points on Sunday evening and everything is correct. The room was we were given was 5268 with no pen in the view except across the savanna.

We hit the jackpot of all upgrades in April of last year just after the Polynesian DVC longhouses and bungalows opened. To celebrate our 45th anniversary we booked two lake view rooms for 6 people in our family. When we received the text that our room was ready, my husband was excited to check out the room and view and to call down for the luggage. He went ahead while the rest of us hung by the pool. Soon after he came back to the table with a serious expression and said he got a phone call as soon as he entered the room saying there was a problem with our reservation...the rooms were overbooked! So I'm thinking "Great. We get stuck with a garden view." To the contrary! Our family got upgraded for three nights in a bungalow!!! Best magical moment ever! Why us? The cast member who selected us said she was looking for a family of 6-8 with two rooms. When she saw that we were celebrating our 45th anniversary she said that clinched it.

That is a very nice upgrade. Best wishes to you both and belated happy anniversary!

In the 14+ years of membership, it's happened just one time. Once I'd reserved a value studio, and when I got there, I was told I'd been upgraded to a savannah view. I know that some value studios overlook the Sunset savannah, so that's what I thought she meant. But when I got my room location, I realized I'd been upgraded to a svannah view studio on the other side of the resort. Didn't ask why, but I suspect with so few value studios, there may have been a maintenance issue, so they had to move me. But I checked my points on-line to make sure I wasn't charged!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter