Halloween week

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
I'm considering a fall trip to Disneyland. Looking at the Is It Packed calendar, it's saying that the week of Halloween is better than November. It used to be that it was very crowded until November started and then things were a little slower until mid November. I'm confused. Can anyone think of why Halloween week might be quieter at the park? I thought Halloween was a big crowd draw?

I don't know how the first of November might be, but we went from Oct 22-26 2022 and it was the most packed we've ever seen the parks. So much so that we bailed early the last day as we just couldn't take the crowds any more. I'm skeptical that this year would be any better at the end of October.

I would not pick to go to Disneyland for slightly lower or higher crowds based on a crowd tracker. I'd pick between November or October based on what vibe you are looking for. We did a few days during both last year.

October - OBB was a great experience but not one I have to do each year. Like the custom vibe of some of the overlays at both parks. The modified sh-boom for Radiator Screams is fun.

November - Full Christmas decor at the theme parks and resorts. The Grand Cal is magical. Disneyland is magical. We love it.

We decided as a family if we had to pick.... November by a mile. We do however have a trip booked for both periods this year too.....

Is there a different sha-boom for Christmas season? We had never heard of Sha-boom until just before we went in September last year and were quite disappointed when we turned up at the appointed time to something that wasn't sha-boom! (How many times can i say sha-boom in a sentence? 🤣 )

I will add to that, we are looking at going immediately AFTER Thanksgiving next year -we are in the UK so can't afford lots of trips

Honestly Halloween might be the busiest time in the park now days. You cant trust the Isitpacked calendar at all. Years ago it would be a good guide but it isnt anymore IMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter