"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

That place in Islands that sell clothes. I like to go in there. I saw a beautiful garnet colored outfit that would perfect as a coverup for the pool. I regret not getting it every time I pass. It's very beachy stuff and the prices are not bad

Yes, it does have some very nice items and I think the hat I bought there was cheaper there than the one I later got in the hotel shop. I think that was the trip I went through about four hats over one trip!!

Some of their items are very pretty though.

Hi Carole!! At RPR now and I mentioned to my DH something you said in your recent trip report and one of the staff “lit up” and asked if we knew you. I explained your wonderful trip reports and very helpful pictures and she said the staff was just talking about you guys😀. Aspen is so lovely and sent us us from the “club” staff some bubbly and chocolate 🍓 for our 35 th anniversary……so sweet!! We’ve had a great 5 days - 5 more to go!!! Visited KSC and EPCOT as well. Thank you for all your suggestions…..we’ve used quite a few!
Brenda🤗

Hi Carole!! At RPR now and I mentioned to my DH something you said in your recent trip report and one of the staff “lit up” and asked if we knew you. I explained your wonderful trip reports and very helpful pictures and she said the staff was just talking about you guys😀. Aspen is so lovely and sent us us from the “club” staff some bubbly and chocolate 🍓 for our 35 th anniversary……so sweet!! We’ve had a great 5 days - 5 more to go!!! Visited KSC and EPCOT as well. Thank you for all your suggestions…..we’ve used quite a few!
Brenda🤗

Brenda I am thrilled you`re having such a lovely time and glad the lovely staff are making a fuss, what a lovely gift they sent you!!!

I am so happy you got to meet the lovely Aspen!!! She is an absolute delight......can I ask you a favour, can you please tell her we all send her the biggest hugs, I do miss her a lot as we chatted so often in the lounge!! She is so lovely and was the shining light in the lounge for us alongside Alex who has left now.

It sounds like you`re having a wonderful trip, and it`s not over yet!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and thank you for popping in to say hi....I`m so happy to see your post tonight 🥰

Brenda I am thrilled you`re having such a lovely time and glad the lovely staff are making a fuss, what a lovely gift they sent you!!!

I am so happy you got to meet the lovely Aspen!!! She is an absolute delight......can I ask you a favour, can you please tell her we all send her the biggest hugs, I do miss her a lot as we chatted so often in the lounge!! She is so lovely and was the shining light in the lounge for us alongside Alex who has left now.

It sounds like you`re having a wonderful trip, and it`s not over yet!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and thank you for popping in to say hi....I`m so happy to see your post tonight 🥰
Aspen will be thrilled!!! I will tell her as soon as I see her!! Thanks
Brenda 🤗

Me thinks there‘s a story in there, somewherepopcorn::

lol.....I just kept leaving them everywhere!! One on the back of a bathroom door in PB....went back and it was gone, hadn`t been handed in so I`m guessing someone just threw it in the trash.

2 I left on a ride and one I left in a restaurant, never got any of them back! Tom and Kyle threatened to sew it on to my clothes so I wouldn`t forget it!!

Brain like a pea at times....... 😉

I was completely gobsmacked at some of the basic things folks didn`t know ahead of their trips, some of which were days away! One person didn`t know which park "Harry Potter World" was located or that there were boats from the hotels!!!
This really is mind boggling, but I see it all the time too. These days you can find out so much in advance I don't understand why some people don't. I always feel like I'm missing out if I get somewhere and there are things that I could have done but only if planned in advance...so I try to avoid that..
I think Bread Box is quite nice, but I did get a pm from someone saying I shouldn`t recommend it as it`s too expensive for what it is??
I feel like being from the UK you are probably used to higher prices than Americans lol..I get that being from Canada too. Even things that they think are expensive in the US don't seem crazy expensive to me...

I'm so glad you felt better the next day and were able to enjoy some more park time and good eating!!

This really is mind boggling, but I see it all the time too. These days you can find out so much in advance I don't understand why some people don't. I always feel like I'm missing out if I get somewhere and there are things that I could have done but only if planned in advance...so I try to avoid that..

I feel like being from the UK you are probably used to higher prices than Americans lol..I get that being from Canada too. Even things that they think are expensive in the US don't seem crazy expensive to me...

I'm so glad you felt better the next day and were able to enjoy some more park time and good eating!!

Completely agree, the info is all there. I don`t have Facebook but I do know someone who works in the parks reads those UOR FB threads and is constantly amazed and bewildered at some of the questions on there, really basic stuff that would take seconds to find online. People not knowing the hotels that offer EP or that they even offer that in the first place, some who don`t know there are two main parks and even that there are boats! Completely bewilders me too.

I think you`re correct, even with the pound to dollar rate being so low, we still find it cheaper for many things in the States than what we would pay. I do miss the $2 to the pound days.....lol......I think those days are long gone. So maybe I am guilty of being a little tone deaf to what others are prepared to pay and think is reasonable, well I have to hold my hands up.

And, as my husband always tells me I couldn`t spell the words budget or frugal......lol. Guilty as charged ☺️

Good to see you, hope things are good.....how`s your son doing?

SATURDAY MAY 20TH

1692438880948.jpeg

Yep, our last day here and although we were all feeling a little blue, we were up with the larks, actually before the larks to do something for the first time.......go in for Early Entry!!!

In all our years of visiting and in all our many trips, we had never once felt the need to do EE nor did we want to. People speak of seeing Potter areas almost deserted, but we had experienced that many times over the years, we had seen it empty and with just a few folks around on many occasions, so we didn`t have that enthusiasm to experience that. We don`t use wands to enjoy the spells and that`s what many people do on EE as well as take advantage of the rides open of course.

We have done all the rides many times including Hagrid`s so again, not important to us to be the first ones in to get to the front of any line, but we decided since it was our last day we would experience it just once to see what the fuss was about and say we had finally done it.

Spoiler.....we won`t be doing it again!!

Despite it being our going home day, we really were in a very happy mood and we laughed when we went into the lounge and the staff all did a double take as we never come in this early, the supervisor looked at his watch thinking he was running late!! I didn`t realise how much we were creatures of habit.

Breakfast was quick and we headed back down to get our sunscreen on and walked to the park and as we stepped outside we were as always overjoyed to feel the splendid heat as we started to walk. And we were all so grateful we felt fine this morning.

As the pool wasn`t open we had to walk around the long way but it only adds a few moments to our walk, it really is the shortest of walks to IOA from here, both parks to be truthful, you only add a few more moments to get to the Studios.

We did think the path was busier than it usually is when are walking in the mornings and we even had a few folks run past us, yes, as in full families properly running as though a hell hound was chasing them!!!

Only to run into this......

The line was back to the bridge and it was only here I took a picture, we had been waiting about 10 minutes by this point. Not the worst wait of course, but not what we`re used to.

i-Lj7Zhqv-X2.jpg

Getting through the gates took seconds using the AP entrance and we really took our time unlike everyone else who seemed to be on a mini charge towards Hagrid`s.

We knew there was going to be a line for that ride, I wasn`t interested in standing in it so I told them to wander on and I`d meet them in Hogsmeade later, no timescale, we knew we`d bump into each other somewhere. I knew Kyle was keen to go on some rides and not just wander slowly through the park. Now I could meander and take in the sights and sounds of Port of Entry at my leisure.

i-37wvP4J-X2.jpg

i-gLwB2TX-X2.jpg

There are so many little nooks and crannies to seek out here, and each one reveals itself as being themed appropriately to the area when you do see them. POE is simply amazing for all the little secret places for sights and sounds that are so easy to miss.

i-tkv5czv-X2.jpg

i-LnbgSfJ-X2.jpg

I wander back into the store as it is simply blazing hot this morning, I needed to cool down a little as I was really feeling the heat, and it is wonderful to walk in and feel that blast of cold hit you...

i-G3JLjVS-X2.jpg

i-xgM3xf8-X2.jpg

Watching Velocicoaster is always fun, seeing and hearing those screams of excitement is fabulous. I heard folks were complaining about seeing different areas of the park from a differently themed area.....who gives a rats patootie if you can see VC or the Hogwarts Castle from anywhere else in the parks. Yes, it`s not Disney, never will be thank goodness, but I`m always amazed at what folks will find to complain about at Universal when comparing it to their beloved Disney. But, if it makes them happy to complain...

i-G5sngmp-X2.jpg

i-HB98PLb-X2.jpg

i-w3FLgVc-X2.jpg

This suited me fine this morning, taking my time and catching some moments where it was peaceful and tranquil in certain areas, but overall, I found it busier than I expected it to be.

i-LKWqqF3-X2.jpg

i-Wvm4k48-X2.jpg

Mythos as many of you know is not somewhere we particularly like to visit any longer, for us Confisco Grill is far superior but, it is an incredibly impressive building inside and out, although inside is colder than it needs to be for sure!!!

i-pwRBhtR-X2.jpg

However, the rear of the building is a lovely little area and today there was no one else around as it was still quite early, but to look over the lagoon and see Velocicoaster and Hulk go is quite something.

This is one of many little areas that are quiet and out of the way to sit and chill out for a little bit and even quieter on the way in. There are loads of places like this in both parks and Tom says I have to stop telling folks about them as they won`t be quiet any longer!!!! But, when I read folks say there are no quiet places in the Universal parks unlike Disney, I do smile and think...if only you knew!!!

i-4SmNWX3-X2.jpg

i-DZRf2Pf-X2.jpg

i-xzGNQdb-X2.jpg

i-xrV2g9P-X2.jpg

i-HF23bB2-X2.jpg

I headed round to Hogsmeade passing the most horrendous line for Hagrids!!! Holy moly......not a hope in heck would I be standing in that line!! Nope, nothing is worth that, yes, Hagrid`s is an amazing ride and the themeing is splendid too, but no thanks to the line. And it was already blazing hot.

i-GkTNk9f-X2.jpg

Aside from behind Mythos, it seems no one was interested in wandering around the candy store this morning and I took advantage and got some pictures of an empty store and it is nice to see everything they have in stock and the added bonus of it being much, much cooler than outside!!

i-N5Z3LgX-X2.jpg

i-xttCmqm-X2.jpg

i-x6s5WxB-X2.jpg

i-6ThcjB7-X2.jpg

I wandered up to the castle and headed back down, I snapped a picture of what was the quietest area of Hogsmeade this morning, so it wasn`t dreadful, I wouldn`t put anyone off doing EE as I`m sure many will enjoy it, but for us there was no benefit to coming back and doing it again.

i-nsPTqDD-X2.jpg

More to come....

That queue to enter the parks is crazy! I am not an EE person 🤣

That was just to go through the security check......I never took a picture of the line to get in the gates at the park as we veered to the left to use the AP entrance, it was deserted thankfully.

The lines can be horrendous though, but we will never do EE again, it just isn`t worth it for us.

That was just to go through the security check......I never took a picture of the line to get in the gates at the park as we veered to the left to use the AP entrance, it was deserted thankfully.

The lines can be horrendous though, but we will never do EE again, it just isn`t worth it for us.
[/QUOTE)

Yep, we figured out by day 3 of our first UO stay that EE wasn't for us. We're not all about standing around for an hour or so outside the park waiting for it to open then dealing with all the running of the bulls that ensues. We usually shoot for entering the parks 15-30 minutes after the initial mass of folks & that's worked well for us.

I wandered back down to see if they were still in the line where I might see them, but I was sure they must be quite far into the ride line now so I headed back towards the Owlery where I`d wait and look out for them coming out of Hagrids. Couldn`t quite believe that line!

i-p7SW4KM-X2.jpg

I was feeling the heat right about now, so I thought sitting in the shade would be nice, when I felt a pair of hands round my waist....it was Tom and Kyle, turns out they had decided the line was crazy and they didn`t plan to spend all that time in it after all, so they went to Velocicoaster and rode that around 5 or 6 times.

Weirdly when I was behind Mythos watching the coaster, I had thought I heard Tom but dismissed it, however I had inadvertently caught them in one of my pictures of the coaster, it`s not clear by I can see it`s them.

Can`t say I blamed them not waiting in line.

They wanted to do FJ one more time and hippogriff so we headed back up to the Castle and I got chatting to a family from Kansas who were also heading home today and the youngest who was around 6 was in tears as she didn`t want to leave.....I felt her pain!!!

i-zWVzqJ5-X2.jpg

i-GMVCFzF-X2.jpg

They went on Hippogriff after FJ, I gave them a miss as sometimes motion sickness can hit me a little hard and I don`t want to be off colour for the flight home, so I ambled around on my own till they came off.

I then suggested I go back home and finish the packing while they stayed if they wanted, but they both said they had done all they wanted to do and were happy to head back home too, so that`s what we did, albeit rather reluctantly.

Such a gorgeous day, we just didn`t want to leave.

But, we walked back enjoying our last moments in the park in this heat, one major thing we do miss back in the UK!!

In the lobby we met Rob and Milton from Bell services, both of them are amazing guys and so nice. I was glad we had caught them before we left. We also asked them if they could do us a favour as one of our suitcases was broken when we landed, so we had bought a new one, but we didn`t want to leave the case in the room for housekeeping, and they of course said they`d get rid of it for us, certainly appreciated them doing that as it is a large case.

We chatted some more and finally we knew we had to set off to finish packing so we said our thanks and would give them a call when our luggage was packed and they`d come pick it up.

Marian had very kindly asked when we wanted the room till as we were leaving later this trip for our flight home, but we said we`d be out by 1pm so they could turn the room around and we could chill out in the Club Lounge till we left, so we wouldn`t feel like refugees for a few hours! That would work out wonderfully for us, so once we had packed up we called and it was Rob who came up for our luggage so we got to chat some more. He is so lovely and knows absolutely everything....if he doesn`t know about it, it`s not happening!!!

We checked the room over and made sure we hadn`t left anything, as we sometimes do....how can you not spot an ipad charger plugged into the wall!!! But, not today, we had enjoyed this suite despite all of us being poorly at one time or another.

Heading down with Rob we got to say goodbye to Milton too, lovely, lovely man who is an absolute joy to be around, Rob too, he is so well known to guests as he is just the nicest person.

We went down to Jake`s for lunch, Kyle`s choice today as we expected and our visits here this trip showed Jake`s had improved again after a few disappointments last few trips which was so good to see as it really is a lovely little place.

The young lady looking after us remembered us from before and if all staff were like her, this place would do alright again.

Kyle ordered his cheese pizza with a bbq sauce base and Tom and I shared a flatbread with added jalapenos and the chef was very generous with them which was nice to see.

i-GcR4q6K-X2.jpg

i-wZkzD5V-X2.jpg

Lunch was lovely, we all had strawberry lemonades which are nowhere near as nice as they used to be in here, but they were ok, we weren`t really bothered by much today.

We chatted in the lobby to a few folks we know for a time then headed up to the Club Lounge to pass some time before leaving. But when we went in, one of the guys looked like death warmed up and he had just come in to start a shift......the mother in me took over and insisted he go home as he didn`t look capable of standing never mind working. Poor guy had to go find the supervisor and they agreed yes, he needed to go home, he wold never have made it through a shift looking as he did. He did manage to say how lovely it was to meet us and hoped he`d see us again, we said the same as I was ushering him out the door to go home!!!

Alex had said she was going to try and get in to say goodbye properly today, but she had a family celebration and was apologetic she couldn`t make it.....bless her, she is so lovely and of course we understood why she couldn`t make it. We had given her a huge hug last time we saw her and we do keep in touch, so that is always nice.

i-bPtHnXd-X2.jpg

It was strange leaving this time, this was the first time Raymond wasn`t waving us off and although of course we still keep in touch, we had missed seeing him around the way we used to. We had said our goodbyes to Marian and Andrea the day before so heading through the lobby we were so pleased to see Andrea who had come over to say a proper goodbye and our Samuel was there too! Now I felt the tears filling up.

Saying goodbye is quite hard, but we thanked Andrea again for the lovely strawberries and treats we had enjoyed last night, it really was appreciated and so kind of her and we appreciated her coming over from Sapphire as Marian was off today.

Samuel, well, we do adore him and we were glad we got to see him too before we left, plenty of hugs all round and yes, there were a few tears for sure.

Leaving RP is emotional in many ways because we do feel so much at home here but this time, we knew Kyle wouldn`t be coming back for a long time, if ever with us and that does make us sad, but it`s as it should be of course. Maybe when he has children we`ll come back with them all as grandparents/babysitters!!!!

The drive to airport is always lacking that happiness of coming the opposite way, but we still chatter all the way there about the trip.

Dropping the car off is easy, we always check they give us a receipt with zero charge on it, just in case, Alamo have always been good but after Dollar trying to make a charge when they shouldn`t have years ago, we do make sure. The car is the reason we are here so early, we didn`t fancy paying an extra day`s charge for the sake of a couple of hours, really we didn`t need to be here till around 7ish, but we didn`t mind.

Before we cross for the terminal we remember to drop off the Visitor Toll Pass which we didn`t use to it`s full benefit this trip as we never went to most of the places we thought we might, but it`s still worth it and if you don`t drop it off I think they charge you either $10 or $15, but we have to pass the box so it`s hard to forget it really.

Heading up to the VA desk we had a slight change on the way home which I had still to be convinced was a good idea.

About three days into our trip we got an email from VA, nothing unusual there we just assumed it was a flight time change, but not this time. We were flying Premium Economy and they wanted to let us know the flight had been overbooked in Premium and would we all consider travelling home in..........Economy!

i-xF9V7q4-S.gif

😉

Well, my initial reaction was no way in heck were we doing that....until I read further on and in the way of compensation, they would give us three free return Premium Economy flights anywhere in the world, excluding Australia to be used within the next three years.

I spoke to Tom and Kyle who were like .....hell yeah.....go for it!!!!

Really.....economy seats are small!!! I knew I was sounding like a spoiled brat about now, but I began to see the logic when Kyle reminded me the flight home was shorter and we usually slept most of the way.....so I was convinced.

We replied back saying yes but we would prefer it if we could sit together and not be split, with seats that tight we prefer each other to be squeezed up against, and the lady got back to me saying she had booked the three together, no worries there. So we when we were checking in we had to go to the regular line and not the PE line we were so used to I was not looking forward to this flight now......yes, I do know how it sounds!!!! But, we had a comedy show in the UK a few years back where the snooty CC member was called Penny and my guys often compared us to each other, in a humorous way of course, but they teasingly reminded me of this scene while we were in a long line waiting to bag drop.......

i-5BJnw2Z-S.gif

🤣

The line was fairly long but we soon got to the front and checked we had TSA precheck as we usually do, and we did, but Kyle didn`t which was fine as they said it wouldn`t be busy later. They weighed our luggage and each of them were within ounces of being the correct weight!!!

1692714238010.jpeg

Boarding cards issued we trooped off to go up to the Hyatt where we would eat soon and pass some time as it is much nicer up there.

The restaurant is lovely, and they do have an open bar area where you can get food and drinks and that`s what we planned to do today for a couple of hours before going through airside.

i-gfdpnKv-X2.jpg

Today they were checking people were actually going to be buying drinks or eating which was a first, we ordered a couple of drinks and said we`d be ordering food soon, we did like it up here and food was always lovely.

i-n3pgQxT-X2.jpg

We hadn`t been up here long when I announced I was hungry.......Tom did actually roll his eyes at this point.......

cv38-S.gif

I know!!! But I was hungry and Kyle said he could eat too and even Tom grudgingly admitted he was hungry too....so it`s not just me!!!

With airline food, it`s a lottery whether the food is edible or not, it`s never great but we make sure we eat before, just in case, so we put in our order and Kyle liked the sound of Garlic Honey Airline Chicken which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus of which he omitted, the veg as none of us like asparagus, but my goodness his chicken was gorgeous!!!

i-W26Wdd5-X2.jpg

Tom got the BLT with fries which was a really decent size and I ordered the Nashville Hot Honey Chicken sandwich with fries, which for some reason I didn`t get a picture of but was equally lovely.

i-STLwtkx-X2.jpg

Food was really good up here and along with a couple of glasses of wine each we had a lovely last meal in the USA.

But, time was drawing on and we paid the check and headed down to go through security which was deserted, we have never seen it so quiet. Kyle went through a regular line next to TSA precheck line and he actually got through before us because the officer who checked our passports chatted for a time, I think he was really bored!!! Nice man and it`s nice when they do chat a little.

It`s handy not having to remove shoes, belts and electrical items with this, but as always I get the extra check and have to go through the scanner which is fine and within a few minutes we`re heading to the little mini rail which will take us to our gate.

i-fXrrrK4-X2.jpg

The smiles again hide the sadness!!!

At the gate which is already fairly busy, we find three seats and park ourselves, then Tom and I head back up to Duty Free for our last blast of purchases. The store isn`t half as good as it used to be, very little choice in comparison but we do manage to pick up some treats in a lovely large bottle of Gin, 2 bottles of rum and some bourbon. We pay and Tom will pick it up on the way onto the plane later. We pop into the store and buy some muffins, candy and some large bottles of water. Yes, you can go up and ask anytime you want something, but it`s nice to have some too beside us.

Waiting is never fun, at this point all we want to do is get on the plane and get going and we were happy to see it was showing on time and would depart at 10.30pm, our latest departure ever from here.

The loading of the plane with giving everyone a group again worked well except for the group who thought they should get priority for some reason or another.....they were very politely told no. So, once strollers and folks who need assistance, Upper then Premium were loaded, we got on next and yes, economy is as tight as I remember it being!!! I couldn`t even remember the last time we flew economy....we did like exit row seats and had done that a few times, but in regular seats, it had been a long time.

And they were tight, but we were together.

We pulled back from the gate at 10.20pm and a few moments later we were rumbling down the runway and in the air before we knew it. It was a very good take off as it usually is, nothing quite like that feeling of getting into the air.

I can laugh about it now....I found it cramped and uncomfortable, but they thought it was ok and Tom said he`d do it again.......

i-L53RVQw-Th.gif

We declined the food when it came round as it was not appealing at all and we all thought we`d rather sleep, I think listening to others, it was a good choice.

The man in front of me reclined all the way back once food service was over and the man behind me complained when I informed him I was going to recline but only slightly......I couldn`t watch a movie as the screen was too close with his seat being back all the way so I pulled the mask on and went to sleep!!!

We did sleep, although every time one of us moved the other was disturbed, Kyle was in the middle so he got the brunt of us moving around.

I think about two hours before we landed we were all awake and noise wise it had been a decent flight, but so uncomfortable!!! Cabin Crew were lovely as always and they came round with breakfast.....I say breakfast, but again, we didn`t bother with it at all, sticking to the bottles of water we had bought at the airport, we would grab something when we landed.

It was a good landing and the weather looked lovely, the flight had taken just seven and a half hours, I would be glad to get off this one though.

Once off the plane we didn`t have to walk the usual 53 miles back along the terminal to get to passport control which was nice for a change and we got through that with no issues either, the gates are all unmanned now, just stick your passport in and face the camera, simple then through to luggage pick up.

Everyone looks and sounds so grumpy at this point, kids are whining and everyone just wants their luggage and be gone, and we were no different. Usually our luggage is out first, so we expected a long wait for ours, two came out really early and then Tom`s appeared not long after, not too bad, so we trooped through and found a coffee shop where we got toasted sandwiches, a cup of tea each which was so nice and called our driver who said she was there and would meet us in 5 minutes at a designated spot which was only a few minutes walk away.

We chatted briefly and all of us were asleep within half an hour and we slept all the way home apparently.

Because our flight came in much later, we weren`t home till after 4.30pm, so no need to try and stay awake for a few hours, I got all the clothes into bundles and got the washer on, called my mum, sent a couple of emails then we ordered Chinese food and really enjoyed that while chatting about our trip which overall had been fabulous.

Once we had eaten I think we lasted till around 10pm, we wandered off to bed.

Another amazing trip over.

1692718713944.jpeg

We had been so looking forward to this trip with Kyle and overall it had been wonderful with the exception of us all being poorly at times, but that`s not what we remember when we look back on it, we just remember the fun times and there were so many of them. We never had a cross word the whole time, but then we never do anyway!!

Meeting up with friends is always a highlight and I was so glad D&J had got to meet Kyle this trip, they had heard so much about him and vice versa, those were fun nights.

Seeing everyone means so much to us and we loved every second of catching up with Raymond, D&J, Marian, Andrea, Samuel, Alex and so many more. Meeting new folks too is always lovely.

The staff are always a highlight whether it be Strong Water with Fernando and his wonderful team or all the folks at RP some we have known for so many years, but we love catching up with them all and just spending time is always lovely.

The hotel again was splendid!!! They treat everyone so well and it does make a difference to a trip, we had no complaints at all about anything and Club Lounge again was special. It was different this time as we didn`t know as many, but we soon got to know some and the lovely Aspen was the star for us in there alongside Alex who has a very special place in our hearts. Our suite was lovely, housekeeping was exceptional as always, we just can`t find fault with anything thank goodness!!!

What can I say about the parks......they were as good as ever!!! Kyle enjoyed just being there and riding VC was indeed a highlight as were both parks.

The parks are clean, always tidy and look incredibly colourful and full of life. I always wonder how folks say they can do the parks in a day and a half....maybe their highlights but there are so many hidden gems around both parks, we still couldn`t do all we needed to do in a week never mind two days!! Apart from Jimmy Fallon and F&F we loved everything and took full advantage of EP.

One thing we won`t do again, is early entry. For us, a complete waste of time if we had wanted to achieve anything of note....we enjoyed the extra time in the park with us leaving later that day, and maybe we are spoiled having done everything so many times over the years we don`t need it. But, we can at least say we did it once.

Kyle managed two out of three of his challenges. He drove our car, he did a 5K run, but didn`t manage every single ride in the park due to Popeye`s barges being drained the time we planned to do it. But, he managed everything else and that one was out of our control. So he was pretty pleased all in all.

Food again was amazing, Strong Water being perfect as always and a complete highlight as was Orchids and several offsite places including Nagoya Sushi. We had enjoyed everything we had eaten. There were a few places we didn`t get to go to due to one thing and another but we can go next time. Vivo being one of them.

The weather was perfect. We honestly couldn`t have asked for better and made the most of it when we could.

Kyle running the 5K was marvellous!!! Considering again all he had wrong with him at the time and the heat which is not something he is used to running in, we were bursting with pride with him and he was proud of himself too, it was a fabulous evening all round and so much fun. He absolutely loved being able to run it plus he got an amazing medal and shirt!

Kyle has decided he`s done with Florida for a long time, he feels he`s done it all so many times he doesn`t feel the need to come back anytime soon and I can`t say I blame him, I know what he means, this was our 26th visit, so to say we know the place inside out is an understatement.

Riding VC was the newest thing for him and he loved it. So we feel incredibly fortunate to have him come along with us for so long, he took time out of his life for this trip and we loved it. But, he has too many other plans to be going on with in the future.....we are so incredibly proud of him and the man he has become and couldn`t ask for a better son than him ❤️

As for us, our next trip is November where we`ll be there for Thanksgiving and all the Holiday fun and this will be the last time we visit for the Holidays so we`ll make the most of it.

So far we have a few plans and meets arranged but as is usual for us no definite plans, we do however hope to spend more time in the park than usual, but we`ll still have a car so will wander a little.

After that, we do plan to visit next September but not sure we`ll do HHN then. Last year was a disappointment overall, and I do wonder if we are little jaded by the event after visiting for so many nights over so many years and noticing the changes that have been implemented and not in a good way.

Folks who haven`t been going for years might still think it`s wonderful and it is a good event, just not as good or anywhere near as scary as it used to be. This years event has nothing to entice us to grab a last minute flight either and the addition of Stranger Things which we are not fans of, makes us think it`ll be another tween fest. The crowds have grown massively and we found it far too busy on most nights we attended, quite scary at times and the crowds shouldn`t be scarier than the houses and scare zones!

So, I`m glad we decided not to go for the personal reasons I`ve already stated, but it just doesn`t thrill us anymore the way it used to so maybe it is just too familiar and time for a change and give it a miss.

We would however go back to Howl o Scream at Seaworld.....hint hint keisha.......:rolleyes1

Spending time as a family is simply the best!!! All three of us mostly laughing and enjoying each others company wherever we were was amazing, simply amazing and we do treasure that time always. Even looking back the flight home doesn`t seem so bad now!!

Thank you so much for helping make this trip report as much fun as it was, knowing folks read and especially comment means so much, I do enjoy writing them but it is nice to have all your company along the way, I really hope you enjoyed reading along!!! And if one little thing helps someone along the way too, even better, it`s always lovely hearing someone enjoys something that`s been recommended to them.

Hope to see you all in the next one too, not sure when it`ll start but it`s already been mentioned I need to do a Pre trip report.......:-)

i-Xh8mLRR-S.gif

Last edited:
No, thank you!

Once again, your keen eye has found more pics of things I’ve overlooked.

I’m not in the EE running of the bulls either

Wish there would be some shady spots in that area behind mythos. Also, wish they’d tinker with their menu

Never crossed my mind to eat/lounge at the Hyatt. Brilliant, where’s my cuppa tea to go with my affected British accent lol

I fondly remember the few times I did upgrade to first class as a treat. Aah. Now, my market only has steerage. Best I can hope for is no
Hairy leg or stinky feet next to me. I get quite restless in those seats over 5 or 6 hours, feel your pain

Again, appreciate you undertaking this labor of love

PS don’t forget to post a link to the Christmas trip 🎅

Thank you for another wonderful trip report. I really enjoyed the way you describe everything. I haven't been to Universal for about 20 years. To be honest I didn't think I would want to take time out of our Disney trips to visit Universal Studios again. You're report has me thinking twice about that. We are going in February and we will be spending time in US and IOA. Can't wait to visit Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Thank you for reminding me that there are many other things to enjoy in Orlando. Loved all the pictures too.
Kim

Thanks for taking us along on your travels. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip and it’s definitely given me an itch to visit Universal. So glad you got to enjoy some time in Florida with Kyle doing things you all love to do.
Enjoy planning your next adventure🥰

No, thank you!

Once again, your keen eye has found more pics of things I’ve overlooked.

I’m not in the EE running of the bulls either

Wish there would be some shady spots in that area behind mythos. Also, wish they’d tinker with their menu

Never crossed my mind to eat/lounge at the Hyatt. Brilliant, where’s my cuppa tea to go with my affected British accent lol

I fondly remember the few times I did upgrade to first class as a treat. Aah. Now, my market only has steerage. Best I can hope for is no
Hairy leg or stinky feet next to me. I get quite restless in those seats over 5 or 6 hours, feel your pain

Again, appreciate you undertaking this labor of love

PS don’t forget to post a link to the Christmas trip 🎅

Thanks Keisha....I saw what you did there.....naughty but funny!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The Hyatt is very nice, seems they`re stopping folks just hangin around anymore, they didn`t used to mind but now they`re checking if you plan to buy food, can`t blame them if folks take up tables and not order anything. I think you`d like it.

Glad to see you found some stuff you hadn`t noticed, there really is so much to see and do that`s easy to miss. Yes, some more shade behind Mythos would be nice, we did sit on a bench but it was too near the smokers so we vacated to the blazing sunshine which was preferable....lol......I will give Mythos another try when they change their menu, or yes even update it, nothing much appeals anymore.

Again, glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the lovely comments along the way :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter