Genie+ with Large Group

BlueGreen5

Earning My Ears
Hi WDW soldiers,

We have some family friends going to WDW soon. Family of 8 - I know, crazies. Three of the kids are older and more independent, but everyone is still under mom's MDE account.

They asked me two questions and I actually didn't know the answer.

First, can just they just purchase Genie+ for the three older kids and not all 8 of them?

Second, if they book a return time for two of the three older kids right at 7am, are they able to book a return time on a different ride at 7am for the one that did not book? For instance, say Bill and Sue really want to ride Space Mountain, but John, deathly afraid of roller coasters, really wants to ride Buzz. And the rest of the family is going to watch the park opening show at the castle, so they don't need G+. Can they split it up like that and book both rides all at 7am for the different cohorts? Or, do they have to wait until 9am to book John's because Bill and Sue locked them out at 7am?

Remember, they are all on the same MDE account, which is why I feel like I don't know the answer here.

Deep thinking for a Wednesday morning...

Yes, they can buy G+ for just some of the family members.
Yes, they can book different lightning lanes for different people.

I manage all the G+ for my family and while we usually do the same rides, sometimes we don't and it's very easy to do from the one MDE account.

Yes, they can buy G+ for just some of the family members.
Yes, they can book different lightning lanes for different people.

I manage all the G+ for my family and while we usually do the same rides, sometimes we don't and it's very easy to do from the one MDE account.

Fantastic, thanks for the quick, succinct, on point answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter