First Disneyland DVC Split Stay VGC 2BR and VDH 3BR – A Magical Birthday

NVDISFamily

DIS Veteran
First 3 Nights – VGC 2BR 5506

Wow we are so lucky to get the 06 room “range” again on our 2nd holiday trip this season. We were downstairs in 4506 a few weeks ago in November for our Thanksgiving week trip and this one is even a bit better. Not too much to say about VGC and our stay. Great CMs to take care of us, iconic location, we love it. I’ll just say some typical issues that we all know about with the dire need of a remodel at VGC. No lamp in the master bedroom (I looked at our video we made when we did a tour of a 2BR room when we stayed there in April 2023. Other items missing or in need of repair. I swear I’m going to bring my portable Milwaukee shop-vac on future trips to help get some of the dust out of the vents and other areas.

Transfer of bags to VDH using bell services was no issue at all. They were prepared to handle it easily.

2 Nights at the VDH 3BR Grand Villa (0920) – Son’s 9th B-Day

Let’s start with the good.

The room is a real crowd pleaser for your guests. My family in CA really liked the room and it finally they started asking some good questions about DVC and said they really liked the program I’ve gone a bit crazy for. They decided during our party that a trip to WDW for a reunion in a few years would be awesome. Great marks for the patio, the theming in the rooms, etc.

I will also say we loved the rooms from a theme/look perspective. They are unique for sure. Also, having a unique theme for each bathroom was great.

Patio was awesome at night and the fireworks views didn’t disappoint. The LED lantern lights that come on at night were a great touch we weren’t expecting.

Overall summary, great room for a party.

Now for the bad…. And sadly there is quite a bit of bad. There were a lot of items broken in the room and the storage in the master bedroom is not good. DVC has only assigned the assessable 3BR to the association for us to rent. I really wish they would have just put a queen bed in the master to allow for some storage.

Broken items included –
  • Fake fireplace between the living room and outside has only about 1/3 of it working.
  • GFCI outlets in kitchen broke when we tried to use the toaster and would not reset.
  • The door from the master to patio does not seal well and has a huge gap that makes noise all day/night. Sounds like the door is not closed. Requires a lot of force to close it.
  • The wardrobe door in the master was falling off hinges and was not aligned. Even after a stop from engineering it broke quickly after they “fixed” it.
  • We found lots of loose bolts and screws all over the room. Likely from the chairs and such…
  • Other fit and finish items don’t appear to be polished upon even a bit more inspection.

TLDR on the VHD 3BR – Great to show off but hard to live in. Disney/DVC was nice to refund a chunk of our points we used for the reservation.

Some fun photos -

If you find an extra desk lamp in the trees near the Corn Dog Castle please return it to VGC room 5506!
1705211880586.png

Views from the XX06 Rooms at VGC are awesome -

5506 View.jpg

5506 View 2.jpg

Grand Cal Merch!!! We love this new bag.

Grand Cal bag.jpg

This room makes us want to build a snowman. Kids loved it -

Frozen Room.jpg

All the guests love this bathroom in the 3BR -

VDH Master Bath.jpg

Plenty of room for a party!

Happy B-Day 2.JPG

We loved the fireworks. They were not too loud.

Fireworks.jpg

Fireworks Family.jpg

Last edited:
First 3 Nights – VGC 2BR 5506

Wow we are so lucky to get the 06 room “range” again on our 2nd holiday trip this season. We were downstairs in 4506 a few weeks ago in November for our Thanksgiving week trip and this one is even a bit better. Not too much to say about VGC and our stay. Great CMs to take care of us, iconic location, we love it. I’ll just say some typical issues that we all know about with the dire need of a remodel at VGC. No lamp in the master bedroom (I looked at our video we made when we did a tour of a 2BR room when we stayed there in April 2023. Other items missing or in need of repair. I swear I’m going to bring my portable Milwaukee shop-vac on future trips to help get some of the dust out of the vents and other areas.

Transfer of bags to VDH using bell services was no issue at all. They were prepared to handle it easily.

2 Nights at the VDH 3BR Grand Villa (0920) – Son’s 9th B-Day

Let’s start with the good.

The room is a real crowd pleaser for your guests. My family in CA really liked the room and it finally they started asking some good questions about DVC and said they really liked the program I’ve gone a bit crazy for. They decided during our party that a trip to WDW for a reunion in a few years would be awesome. Great marks for the patio, the theming in the rooms, etc.

I will also say we loved the rooms from a theme/look perspective. They are unique for sure. Also, having a unique theme for each bathroom was great.

Patio was awesome at night and the fireworks views didn’t disappoint. The LED lantern lights that come on at night were a great touch we weren’t expecting.

Overall summary, great room for a party.

Now for the bad…. And sadly there is quite a bit of bad. There were a lot of items broken in the room and the storage in the master bedroom is not good. DVC has only assigned the assessable 3BR to the association for us to rent. I really wish they would have just put a queen bed in the master to allow for some storage.

Broken items included –
  • Fake fireplace between the living room and outside has only about 1/3 of it working.
  • GFCI outlets in kitchen broke when we tried to use the toaster and would not reset.
  • The door from the master to patio does not seal well and has a huge gap that makes noise all day/night. Sounds like the door is not closed. Requires a lot of force to close it.
  • The wardrobe door in the master was falling off hinges and was not aligned. Even after a stop from engineering it broke quickly after they “fixed” it.
  • We found lots of loose bolts and screws all over the room. Likely from the chairs and such…
  • Other fit and finish items don’t appear to be polished upon even a bit more inspection.

TLDR on the VHD 3BR – Great to show off but hard to live in. Disney/DVC was nice to refund a chunk of our points we used for the reservation.
First dlr split stay this summer. Glad to hear the luggage transfer went smooth between the two dvc dlr.

Great pictures. Was the VGC room a dedicated 2BR? What did you put as your room request for MS, we would love to get that view in December. Disappointing to see all the little things wrong with the new VDL. Sounds like the punch list wasn't gone through as thoroughly as they should've. Hopefully, we don't see the same issues after the VGC refurb.

What did management at VGC and VDH say when you reported the problems?
I won't lie that I didn't report the VGC items as A) I know a ton of people already do and B) we had an "interesting" chat with a Disneyland hotel exec during a prior trip (my son loves to chat with strangers and he started a fun conversation with her.....she was super nice and awesome and answered a ton of questions and stats about the hotels which he loved) and she said that she knows VGC is tired and dire need of a refresh and it is in the works and will be happening "soon"... So I kind of feel it's a moot point for VGC at this point. I still love it so much.

For VDH they were very nice and attentive and did seem concerned. IMO they need to bring the 3BR offline and work on it.

Great pictures. Was the VGC room a dedicated 2BR? What did you put as your room request for MS, we would love to get that view in December. Disappointing to see all the little things wrong with the new VDL. Sounds like the punch list wasn't gone through as thoroughly as they should've. Hopefully, we don't see the same issues after the VGC refurb.

Yes I asked for a bank of 4 rooms specifically and got the xx.06 rooms the last two trips. It's a dedicated 2BR.

Here is an image I'll steal from another thread I used to get the views -

exterior_pier-jpg.741767

I've asked for rooms XX00 or XX06 the last two trips and got 06. I ask for 4th floor or higher if possible. 4506 was in a bit better condition than 5506. I believe it still had a lamp in the main bedroom :)

Yes I asked for a bank of 4 rooms specifically and got the xx.06 rooms the last two trips. It's a dedicated 2BR.

Here is an image I'll steal from another thread I used to get the views -

exterior_pier-jpg.741767

I've asked for rooms XX00 or XX06 the last two trips and got 06. I ask for 4th floor or higher if possible. 4506 was in a bit better condition than 5506. I believe it still had a lamp in the main bedroom :)

Thanks for the picture! I will have to put in a request to get one of those rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter