February 4th 2017 Disney Fantasy - Western

We're in...this will be our 20th. We are cruising for the 6th February in a row with our cruise buddies who we met on Disboards!

We're in...this will be our 20th. We are cruising for the 6th February in a row with our cruise buddies who we met on Disboards!
Hello,

20, Wow. I can't even imagine.

We are also going Feb 22, 2016 on the Dream. So the February 2017 cruise will be our 3rd. February in a row.

Kirby & Patti
Pittsburgh, PA..

Hi!
I'm new to this website but hoping it will become a staple as we plan for our cruise in 2017.

My husband and I are avid Disney marathon and 1/2 marathon runners and booked our first Disney cruise so that we could run the Castaway Cay 5K. Well, we are now hooked on DCL!!!

So Feb 4th 2017 will be our second cruise on DCL and we are trying to make the most of it. So far, there will be some friends on the cruise, my parents, his parents, his brother and sister-in-law, and we are trying to get more to join us.
I'm really interested in the Fish Extenders and even though we don't have any kids, we are willing to pass out stuff to them. I wished I had that sort of thing when I was a kid!

Because I'm new to all of this and want to make the most of our trip, I thought that learning from the old salts on these forum boards would be a great place for advice!

I'm welcome to any and all suggestions to make this cruise great!

Thanks everyone!

Melissa

I have been looking for a post for this cruise! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. Well, maybe 4th if I can squeeze in something before 2017. I am trying to coerce the Mister into adding a few WDW days on to this trip as well. I figure, if we're flying out to FL, we might as well do it all!

Just booked this cruise. Who else is joining us?

This will be our 5th. Disney Cruise.

Kirby & Patti..
Good news! The "Find your 2017.....LINK here" threads are up!

Just copy the URL at the top of this thread and make a request on the "Find your 2017 Fantasy Cruise Meet LINK here" thread to have it added to the list in the first post there. Be sure to paste the copied URL into the request post.

We're booked on this as well. Daughter will be 6 and son will turn 4 on Feb. 6th on the cruise. We have cruised on the Dream twice in the past but this will be the first time on Fantasy, first 7 day cruise, and first time both kids can go to the clubs! Whoohooo!

Hi! My husband and I are booked on this cruise. This will be cruise #14 for us. We just LOVE Disney cruises. They are the best. This will be cruise #6 for us with our cruise buddies (Skylynx) that we meet on the DIsboards. We are actually cruising with them in 5 weeks (Valentines Week) on the Fantasy and can't wait for the start day to arrive.

Welcome everyone. February has traditionally been a good weather month to cruise.

I will be on the Dream this February. I just can't get enough of DCL. If you haven't cruised DCL yet, prepare to be extreamly satisfied.

If you have never cruised before, you will love the peacefulness of sitting on your private veranda or the promenade deck. I feel that I get my best relaxation while cruising.

We are booked on this cruise. It will be my 6th DCL cruise and my partner's second. We are a blended family of 8 (will be 18, 17, 10, 10, 9 and 1) and my honey and I are getting married on this cruise. We will be having some family join us. Can't wait!

We are booked on this cruise. It will be my 6th DCL cruise and my partner's second. We are a blended family of 8 (will be 18, 17, 10, 10, 9 and 1) and my honey and I are getting married on this cruise. We will be having some family join us. Can't wait!
Married...that's wonderful! Congratulations!

My husband and I will be cruising with another family on this cruise. We are very excited! We leave in less than 3 weeks to cruise the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy, so February 2017 will make our 7th Disney cruise (15th overall). Can't wait!

My wife and I and our DS 9 and DD, who will turn 6 on the cruise, will be there. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our second on the Fantasy. We leave in 9 days on the Magic for our second Disney cruise and we're interested in comparing the two ships.

Today we booked our very first Disney cruise! (and very first cruise EVER for some of the members in our family!) Very excited! There will be 8 of us total! Mostly adults but we will have a 4 and 12 year old! We're all hoping to participate in a fish extender group! So please don't be a stranger and let's get one started!
"see ya real soon"
Laney

This is our first Disney Cruise!!! My son is going to 6 on February 10th, while on the ship. I am so excited. Hoping to get some insider tips and tricks

Today we booked our very first Disney cruise! (and very first cruise EVER for some of the members in our family!) Very excited! There will be 8 of us total! Mostly adults but we will have a 4 and 12 year old! We're all hoping to participate in a fish extender group! So please don't be a stranger and let's get one started!
"see ya real soon"
Laney
Setting up FE group

There really are no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about"anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped"at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count.http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

My husband and I will be cruising with another family on this cruise. We are very excited! We leave in less than 3 weeks to cruise the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy, so February 2017 will make our 7th Disney cruise (15th overall). Can't wait!

Weren't you on our Fantasy cruise back in February, 2013?

Let's do it again!! :D

Hi all,
We are also booked. Will be our third DCL cruise for the 8 of us....me, DH, DS (15), DD (14), DS (11), and DD(10)...plus my mom and sis who keep the adult ratio the same. The kids were SO young on the first cruise....will be so different this time!! Can't wait to meet you all!
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter