Feb 2010 PTR, DD's first trip!

opiwan

Earning My Ears
Feb 2010 Disney Pre-Trip report...

The Players
Me (opiwan) Relative noob on these boards.
DW
DD(4)

Dates
Feb 4 - 14 (though at WDW on 2/5-13)

Where
All-Stars Music

How
Driving, from Michigan. Overnight stay in Chattanooga most likely.

I've been reading PTR's and TR's for weeks now and it looks like fun to document all aspects of our upcoming trip to WDW.

I've only been to WDW twice, back in 1981 when I was 8 and again in 1998. When I was there in the 80's we stayed off site at some condo. Only the MK was open, Epcot open yet.

In 1998 the love of my life and I went for my honeymoon. :) We stayed at the CSR, loved it and considered staying there again, but in the end decided that the resort is mostly just a bed for us, so we'd go for a value.

Now that I have a little one, I'd like to go at least every couple of years...I don't want to deprive my little girl like I was. ;)

I've already been through a lot on the planning front. Originally, the trip was going to have us arrive on the 6th and home on the 13th. But the trip cost less than I expected so we extended our stay. And now with the 5/2 deal for the values, I'd like to consider an extra day...that's a non-park day. Though with how cheap the park tickets are since we're going 7 days, I'd probably still get them for an 8th if we decide to hit a park on a whim.

We originally were going to stay at the Pop, but after doing a ton of research we changed our minds and decided the ASMu was more our speed. Not to mention my little one will 'get' the theme better and she *loves* Jazz music. So I have a request for a room in either of the Jazz buildings. Hopefully they will accommodate.

Right now we're trying to decide where to make ADR's now in order to book them on the 27th. I wish Disney would release park hours at least a day or two before the ADR's open up, but thats the breaks I guess. We're not getting park hoppers so it's pretty important to me to get the hours so we can plan parks to correspond to ADR's. I'm just glad it's my TA handling that and not me...especially with the change to 180 days.

For the moment we have decided that we will want to dine at the Askerhaus Character Dinner, Hollywood and Vine Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast, H&V again on a Fantasmic package, Kona Cafe...and that's it so far. We're still looking at places to eat to fill out our dining card a little more.

That's it to open up, I'll be updating as we make plans.

Okay. I'm signing on since we'll be there at the same time! I'm trying to decide about adding a day myself.

Quick update, got all of my ADR's at the times I wanted booked except one. My TA did it for me overnight and I woke up to a e-mail in my box. :-) Ahhh, the lazy way to plan a trip.

CRT is proving to be an issue as it was showing no availability on any date we were there except for one lone reservation on the 12th (which I got). The thread in the dining section just had someone post that CRT had something going on with it in the reservation system so I am still holding out hope to get the day/time I want.

Gorging will take place at the following.

The Garden Grill Restaurant
Mama Melrose
Hollywood and Vine (Playhouse Dis Breakfast)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Tusker House (Donald)
Chef Mickey
Le Celier
Supercalafragilistic Breakfast
Cinderella - hopefully the date/time will move from the late dinner on the last day we have scheduled at present.

We also decided to do the Bibbity Boppity Boutique on whatever day we end up at CRT. I think the DD will *love* that.

Also going to surprise the DD with a Disney Welcome package from the florist, I think she will flip.

Woot, CRT scheduled at a normal time...evidently what was said yesterday about CRT not being 'loaded' into the system was correct. Guess it's fixed since I have a 5:30 reservation on 2/8. :-)

Ended up added DDP to the mix. My TA pointed out to me that we had more than enough sit down reservations to justify it. I hadn't really expected that to be the case. :)

Also added one more ADR...Kona for breakfast on the morning we leave so I can try the mythical Tonga Toast....it looks *so* good. The french press Kona coffee will also help kick me in gear for the long, long, long drive home. So we are eating off DDP at 8 restaurants and paying out of pocket for CDR and the Spirit of Aloha dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter