Fatima - July 17, 2024 Barcelona to Southampton on the Disney Dream

JVplatinum

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
We will be on the July 17th Dream sailing with stop at Lisbon. We would like to visit Fatima, however DCL is not offering a Port Adventure to Fatima.

There was a similar thread last year but didn't have options listed. Some of the sites I saw either didn't offer to Fatima that day or time does not align, leaving only an expensive private car tour.

Did anyone else have tour guide suggestions or if also on the same cruise wanting to got Fatima?

Thanks

I don’t know what expensive would be, but here’s a option.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Lisbon/Fatima-Obidos/d538-17394P5

The price pp decreases as your group gets bigger. A solo cruiser pays about the same as a couple.

I have used Viator to book excursions in multiple countries. I like the book now, pay later system. Usually easy to cancel if you change your mind. Viator is part of TripAdvisor.

The link above will take you to the page with more details.

IMG_7435.png
IMG_7436.jpeg

Visiting Fátima does not present an easy option for DIY, as far as transportation.

There is no direct train. There are buses.

Here is a post from Cruise Critic about using the bus:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2708507-yes-you-can-go-to-fatima-from-cruise-port-diy/

Posted November 7, 2019
My ship brilliance of the seas is here in lisbon from 9am today until 4pm tomorrow. We checked ship excursions plus viator and local guides. We discovered that there are buses to Fatima that leave every 30 minutes and it takes 90 minutes. Sete rios is the bus station. You need a taxi to get there. No taxis at the port will take you to sete rios bus station so you have to walk a bit to taxi stand. We had purchased our 10am ticket online and unfortunately we missed our bus by 3 minutes. No problem to exchange. Theres a red box inside where you print out your ticket. We did this not speaking any Portuguese and without help. The bus has wifi and is comfortable. We had already downloaded our google map with all locations we wanted to see already pinned. We dropped a pin at the bus station and walked about 5-10 minutes to the shrine. Whole trip cost us 40 euros total for transportation. We had return tickets at 3pm. Bus was a little late (15minutes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter