Fantasmic Thread!

There are currently dozens of available regular River Belle reservations for May 25th throughout the day, and zero available for Fantasmic dining packages. Does it only work the other way around, where cancelling a regular reservation makes a Fantasmic one appear?

There are currently dozens of available regular River Belle reservations for May 25th throughout the day, and zero available for Fantasmic dining packages. Does it only work the other way around, where cancelling a regular reservation makes a Fantasmic one appear?
I’m not sure. I only tested it for BB but I can try testing it for the other one and see if it works. I am sorry it didn’t work the same for RB for you. 😔

I tried making a regular reservation on the 25th and then cancelling, and no dice. Alas! But worth a shot—thank you for the suggestion! They told us on the phone that we could ask the host day-of about switching to a dining package, so that may still be an option. Just frustrating not to know in advance.

I’m not sure. I only tested it for BB but I can try testing it for the other one and see if it works. I am sorry it didn’t work the same for RB for you. 😔
I tried it for your dates, booked a regular RB and then cancelled it, and nothing came up for the package. I’m so bummed!! I wonder if it only works for BB since they have so many fewer tables than RB, such that a table at BB can be for either dining or the package, but they don’t have tables only for regular dining and other tables only for the package?

I’m sorry this doesn’t seem to work for RB. I am glad to see it works for BB for those that might have made a reservation in anticipation of the packages being offered. Wishing pixie dust on your family that something opens up! I think many have overlapping reservations booked and are waiting on final menus and pricing. Once that comes out, I expect a lot of movement in the bookings, and I hope one opens for you!!

I tried it for your dates, booked a regular RB and then cancelled it, and nothing came up for the package. I’m so bummed!! I wonder if it only works for BB since they have so many fewer tables than RB, such that a table at BB can be for either dining or the package, but they don’t have tables only for regular dining and other tables only for the package?

I’m sorry this doesn’t seem to work for RB. I am glad to see it works for BB for those that might have made a reservation in anticipation of the packages being offered. Wishing pixie dust on your family that something opens up! I think many have overlapping reservations booked and are waiting on final menus and pricing. Once that comes out, I expect a lot of movement in the bookings, and I hope one opens for you!!
Thanks so much for checking—it's good to have confirmation that I was approaching it correctly. And that makes sense that BB is just much more limited.

I'm assuming there will be a lot of movement as well in the coming days. I'm not sure they're nearly as keen on it as an option at $50/person vs just getting it with their regular brunch, but it would be nice to be able to make the decision rather than having it made for them. I'll keep checking! (I'm quite a notorious wizard with snagging reservations so I'm their "guy in the chair" while they're on their trip so they don't have to be glued to their phones, especially since 2 of them are not very tech savvy.)

What time is it recommended to show up for Fantasmic if booking a package? I’m having a hard time deciding between the two shows. Any recommendations one way or the other?

What time is it recommended to show up for Fantasmic if booking a package? I’m having a hard time deciding between the two shows. Any recommendations one way or the other?
I always prefer the first show, as they encourage people to stay in the viewing area afterwards as they use the Fantasmic fountains for the Castle projections and paly the audio through the sound system.

The viewing areas open around 8pm and people start queueing up around 7pm. The viewing areas fill up fast.

So since they changed the way the reservations work, did they hold back almost all of the reservations in anticipation of this change? We were advised by someone at Disney to make a regular River Belle brunch reservation for May 24th since that was how it worked previously and it's the last day of my relatives' trip, and I assume many many others did the same since there were none available. But I guess they just held back as many reservations as there would be vouchers in anticipation of the change? It seems odd, and it's frustrating to see that it's just yet another moment where they saw an opening to upcharge people even more.
I booked my regular RB dinner reservation several weeks ago. There was nothing offered after around 6:15.

Needing some opinions on viewing the show from those who have done both BB premium and RB premium. We have reservations at both and need to decide which to drop. I understand the difference between the locations, but just looking for what the reality of the RB terrace viewing might be if we don't get a primo table along the rail. The seat at the table sounds nice, but just not sure if it is worth the trade off if the view can be bad. Thanks!

Is River Belle not open late enough to offer a premium package for the 10:00 showing of Fantasmic?

That's probably part of it, but also I'm guessing the shows are too close together, especially since they let you watch the fireworks from there, so people might not be leaving their table until 9:45 pm or later

Needing some opinions on viewing the show from those who have done both BB premium and RB premium. We have reservations at both and need to decide which to drop.

We got really lucky and had front and center at RB premium. The food was trash (previous menu), but it was a nice experience. The thing with RB premium is that people are constantly walking past throughout the show and the CMs are constantly waving their wands to keep the guests moving through the area. If one is easily distracted it can definitely detract from the overall experience. BB you’re front and center but sitting on your booty on the concrete for quite a while (not sure if they’ll give cushions out again…). Definitely a toss up!

Okay so...

Anyone think Fantasmic might soft open early? Disney has been doing that a lot.. I'll actually be there the night of 23rd...

For the RB three course meal, it lists entree and dessert. Is the beverage the third course?
I would like to know this especially since the River Belle menu currently has no appetizers or salads.

It would be pretty weak for Disney to label a drink as a food course but they appear to have done that at Blue Bayou. 🙄 At least BB’s “drive course” includes a commemorative cup so there’s a bit of extra value there.

I would like to know this especially since the River Belle menu currently has no appetizers or salads.

It would be pretty weak for Disney to label a drink as a food course but they appear to have done that at Blue Bayou. 🙄 At least BB’s “drive course” includes a commemorative cup so there’s a bit of extra value there.
I swear it said "5 courses" for the BB Fantasmic last week when I booked it, but now it says 4? And the bread was pictured, so I assumed that was one of the courses. Maybe not, as it is not listed now. Does anyone think/remember from the old times that we can order the Monte Cristo for the lunch at BB instead of the list on the email?

Also this weird message was on my BB Fantasmic package reservation:

Special Seating Requests
If applicable, Due to overwhelming demand, special seating (ex: outdoor seating or fireworks viewing) requests cannot be taken online, however can be requested at the podium.

I feel like they threw these reservations together from old listings, so their is all kinds of weird information that may or may not be current. This makes me think if you have a regular BB reservation, you could request the package to be added at the podium when you check in??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter