Experiences Adding Genie+ to Tickets as of Jun 8, 2022

scrappinginontario

Creating this thread as a place for guests to share their experiences adding Genie+ to tickets now that it can only be added on a daily basis and no longer in advance to length of stay tickets. Any trends that are happening will be noted in this first post.

Did you add Genie+ to your ticket Jun 8 or later? What was your experience? Please feel free to share below.

In particular, please let us know whether you were able to add Genie+ between midnight and 7:00 a.m. If so, at what time? If not, and if you bought it at 7:00, how did it affect the availability of your first Genie+ attraction after you had to spend the first minute or two making your purchase?

Also, if you were stacking rides today, were you able to stack more than two at any time?

There are some interesting rumors today about possible changes. Live-from-the-field reports will be much appreciated.

I am curious to know if any starts noticing dynamic pricing. But I hope Disney would announce that beforehand.

We’re going on two weeks. Going later this month. Everyone has tickets with prepay based genie+ and I’ll have an AP.

In particular, please let us know whether you were able to add Genie+ between midnight and 7:00 a.m. If so, at what time? If not, and if you bought it at 7:00, how did it affect the availability of your first Genie+ attraction after you had to spend the first minute or two making your purchase?

Also, if you were stacking rides today, were you able to stack more than two at any time?

There are some interesting rumors today about possible changes. Live-from-the-field reports will be much appreciated.
Rumors such as??

Rumors such as??
Quoting myself as I just saw the rumor about only being able to stack 2 at a time…

In addition to the two at a time rumor, there is a rumor that you can't buy until 7:00. The latter rumor appears to be based on language now on the Genie+ page, rather than on first-hand reports. That's a reason why I encourage those who are there today to provide first-hand reports.

Is today the first day you CAN’T add Genie+ or the last day you CAN? Because I’m getting tickets right now.

Is today the first day you CAN’T add Genie+ or the last day you CAN? Because I’m getting tickets right now.
If you were able to add Genie+ to your tickets (other than on a day-to-day basis) today, please let us know. I was under the impression that today was the first day that you cannot add it (except a day at a time).

The sad part is we had planned to buy tickets on the 8th for two weeks, as we were to busy to focus on the Dec vacation in late May and early June. Focused on DS's high school graduation and family in town. Figured we'd handle it after that storm passed :)

I should have read the fine print and paid more attention. No worries, though. It'll make the experience more of an adventure. Still, hopefully the Genie+ process will evolve a bit before we have to use it. Hoping to not have to be awake at 12:01 and 6:58 on the same day for vacation.

Today is the first day you cannot purchase Genie+ for length-of-stay tickets.
Correct

But you can ADD DAYS to existing reservations

We had booked a 6 day park hopper with genie plus for later in the yesr

And we were able to make it a 9 day park hopper with genie plus

The pop up said we could for days in 2022, but NOT 2023

The big part being we had already booked it and we’re just adding days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter