Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Bob has two shows which I think are about 45 minutes.

Bob usually does 8:30pm-10pm as his first slot, then has a break (he stays in the lounge though, for photos and autographs ctc). Then he does 10:30pm-11:45pm, with sometimes another break about 30 mins before the end of the evening (again, doing photos etc). The two sessions are different, think of it as one long show with intervals, with the first one perhaps slightly more oriented towards families (although none of his material is 'adult', and often families will stay to the end). People tend to start arriving and getting tables quite early, and Bob will walk the room chatting to everyone before the show, often remembering names and details so he can name-check people during the session.

Andre

And I'm now back at POR in a King room for Wine & Dine weekend. Haha. I think this is my last resort change.

Just booked a room for February. I requested a King bed in the preferred section. The CM told me I could only request one or the other. She asked what was more important to me so I said preferred and she booked that. She did put in a request for a king bed though. What are my chances of getting that and could I even request a king room that faces the river? Or is there another good room you might recommend? Thanks!!

Just booked a room for February. I requested a King bed in the preferred section. The CM told me I could only request one or the other. She asked what was more important to me so I said preferred and she booked that. She did put in a request for a king bed though. What are my chances of getting that and could I even request a king room that faces the river? Or is there another good room you might recommend? Thanks!!

You can't really 'request' either a King Bed or a Preferred Location, they are both separate (and premium priced) booking categories. If you booked a Preferred Location then you definitely should not get a king bed as all of the Preferred booking types (shown for example in yellow below) are basic standard or garden view rooms. However if you booked a King Bed room then these are scattered all over the resort so it's perfectly valid to request one that has a river view, or is in the same buildings as the preferred rooms (14, 15, 18 or 27). However there is only one King Bed room with a river view in the preferred buildings, room 2728 in purple below.

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-27.png

There are quite a few nice King Bed rooms (purple) that directly overlook the river in Magnolia Terrace which are a fairly short walk to the main buildings - upper floor 8742 and 8739 being the best:

upload_2015-9-27_8-23-25.png

There are also some third-floor rooms in Acadian House which are not too much further away:

upload_2015-9-27_8-22-12.png

See www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for the full floorplan details of all the buildings.

Andre

The October 2015 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedules page for full-size printable PDF versions.

The evening campfires will commence at 6:30pm this month and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 8pm daily.

Halloween (Saturday 31 October) will feature lots of fun activities, including Halloween Bash parties (4pm-7pm at POFQ and 6pm-9pm at POR) with Trick or Treating, Eerie Musical Games, Tricky Trivia, Bewitching Games, Monster Bash Dance Party, Costume Contest, Creepy Crawly Arts and Crafts, and Meet and Greets with Disney Characters. There will also be themed poolside games during the day, a Chilling Campfire in the evening, and over at French Quarter the movies starting at 8pm will be Toy Story of Terror followed by Hocus Pocus. There will also be displays of decorated pumpkins made by the resort cast members on Friday 30 October, and guests will be able to vote for their favourites.

Continuing this month: The Disney Junior Pool Party (1:30pm daily) features music and activities from some of your favourite Disney Junior shows. Join in with awesome activities and games such as Sofia Says, Doc McStuffins Trivia, sing-alongs and much more!

POR-Rec-2015-10.jpg

Andre

Last edited:
You can't really 'request' either a King Bed or a Preferred Location, they are both separate (and premium priced) booking categories. If you booked a Preferred Location then you definitely should not get a king bed as all of the Preferred booking types (shown for example in yellow below) are basic standard or garden view rooms. However if you booked a King Bed room then these are scattered all over the resort so it's perfectly valid to request one that has a river view, or is in the same buildings as the preferred rooms (14, 15, 18 or 27). However there is only one King Bed room with a river view in the preferred buildings, room 2728 in purple below.

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-27.png

There are quite a few nice King Bed rooms (purple) that directly overlook the river in Magnolia Terrace which are a fairly short walk to the main buildings - upper floor 8742 and 8739 being the best:

View attachment 126140

There are also some third-floor rooms in Acadian House which are not too much further away:

View attachment 126139

See www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for the full floorplan details of all the buildings.

Andre
Thanks Andrew! I actually paid for a preferred location so I guess I'll just have to take my chances and send in a room request about a week before our arrival. I do like the AB section as I have stayed there numerous times. I just wasn't sure when I booked which upgraded category I should pay for. I thank you for all your help on these boards. You dedicate a lot of time to all of us!!

Here's a random question for the POR Riverside fans -- Does the gift shop sell lemon juice? Like in the grocery section of the shop? Just straight up lemon juice that you would mix in with other things like water, etc.

There's your bizarre question for the week -- Hope it's okay that I asked it in this thread. :-)

I was just moved to POR for a December arrival. I was upgraded to a preferred room. Any suggestions for room requests? I prefer the upper floor and it's me and three teenage boys and no issues walking (they may disagree). I'm all about the quiet though. :)
Thanks

Transportation question--does bus availability slow down in the late afternoon / evening from POR to the parks? We will be going back to HS one evening, and are not sure how much time to allot to get back, since we'll want to be at the park around 5:30 p.m., which seems like a random time!

I was just moved to POR for a December arrival. I was upgraded to a preferred room. Any suggestions for room requests? I prefer the upper floor and it's me and three teenage boys and no issues walking (they may disagree). I'm all about the quiet though. :)
Thanks

I have always heard it suggested that you tell them what you need, rather than choosing specific rooms. That way, if what you ask for isn't available, they can find you something that is a good fit for everything you need.

In case it makes any difference to anyone, the feature swimming pool opening hours will reduce to 9am—10pm as from today.

Andre

In case it makes any difference to anyone, the feature swimming pool opening hours will reduce to 9am—10pm as from today.

Andre
Thanks Andre we arrive on Wednesday for our first stay at POR, what are the quiet pool hours?

Andre, are there rooms at POR that have walk in showers in the bathrooms? I have no disabilities and don't need a handicap accessible room but find that as I've gotten older using a walk in shower is much easier than stepping into a tub. If there isn't do you foresee any rooms being like that in the future?

If you have a Disney Visa, you can book now under the promotion. If not, you can book beginning tomorrow, when it is available to the general public.
I just tried to no avail :-(. They told me that the dates for 2015 are not available at POR....I was on hold for about 20 mins while CM tried.

Just booked with the Stay Play & Dine....can't wait!! First ever girls trip with me, my mom and sister. So excited!!
Did you book for 2016? (I was told the Dec. 2015 dates were blacked out for POR.) Stinks...POR blacked out of FD and this offer.

Thanks Andre we arrive on Wednesday for our first stay at POR, what are the quiet pool hours?

Officially the same as the feature pools, but no one has ever enforced them and I've often seen people swimming well after midnight.

Andre, are there rooms at POR that have walk in showers in the bathrooms? I have no disabilities and don't need a handicap accessible room but find that as I've gotten older using a walk in shower is much easier than stepping into a tub. If there isn't do you foresee any rooms being like that in the future?

There are a few such rooms yes (21 in total at Riverside) but they are all the specially modified Accessible rooms with a single large bathroom area containing the walk-in shower, single hand basin and an accessible toilet. If they are not all already assigned to other guests, you could always request one though.

POR-Room-MBrefurb-85xxA-2011-3552_forum.jpg

POR-Room-MBrefurb-85xxA-2011-3540_forum.jpg

POR-Room-MBrefurb-85xxA-2011-3541_forum.jpg

Andre

so bummed....just realized POR is the ONLY resort that has the stipulation of black out Dec. 13-19 (Other resorts are blacked out from offer, but POR has that Dec. 13-19 stipulation.) ....Better prepare for a crowded resort when we are there :-). Of course, we could change resorts, but can't bring ourselves to changing.....My 9 yr old DD and 15 yr old DS both love the resort, and I already got my DD all excited for the Royal Room. .....just called out of curiosity: WL is totally booked those dates, GF is way over POR for just the last 3 days of the offer and Poly is way over that...So, if you're looking for a Dec bargain with Stay, Play, & Dine it looks bleak. The good news...We will be in a Garden View RR, and I am sure we will love it as usual :-)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter