Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

It's nice but nothing about it screams Disney what so ever. That lobby can be at any hotel anywhere. Where is the transporting and immersiveness?

Where is the Hawaii feeling?

Looks like every other new hotel lobby that is built offsite.

At least I will have the original Poly to stay at which actually feels like you are transformed somewhere else. There is no MAGIC to these new towers they build. Disappointing. I don't understand how Disney can lose their way when it comes to these resorts they have been building

Last edited:

BREAKING: Official Name, Opening Window, and New Concept Art for DVC Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Disney has announced the official name of the new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, as well as an opening window and other important dates. They also released new concept art.

Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Logo for Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows at the Disney Vacation Club, featuring stylized text and tribal design elements in earth tones, representing the iconic Polynesian DVC tower.'s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows at the Disney Vacation Club, featuring stylized text and tribal design elements in earth tones, representing the iconic Polynesian DVC tower.
The tower is the Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. Disney says it will “take you on a storytelling journey that brings to life the spirit of Polynesia.”

Island Tower is projected to open in December 2024. It is a 10-store tower overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. It will “celebrate the natural world” and “the magic of Disney.” Its in walking distance to the Disney Monorail.

Luxurious resort with a multi-story building and balconies illuminated at dusk, surrounded by palm trees, a pool, and a tranquil lake.
The original concept designs for Disney’s Polynesian Resort featured a prominent tower. Island Tower will complete that vision “while embracing the rich culture from the Polynesian Islands.” The exterior features designs created just for the tower, including a Manta Ray symbolizing freedom, protection, and grace.

The Manta Ray is also revered as a guardian of the family, like Gramma Tala in “Moana.” Characters of “Moana” will be subtly featured in artwork throughout the resort, including in the lobby.

wdw dvc island tower polynesian concept art 2
Inside the lobby, you will be greeted by an art panel installation on the ceiling inspired by several Polynesian Islands, showcasing wildlife native to each locale. Each animal holds a strong connection to the islands and symbolizes values important to Polynesians.

wdw dvc island tower polynesian concept art 3

Walt Disney Imagineering collaborated with over a dozen artists from around the world to create unique artworks that will be displayed throughout the resort. From preserved moss walls to sculptures made from recycled fishing nets, each piece will be inspired by the spirit of conservation and embody the rich cultures of Polynesia.

Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will feature a variety of room types that will sleep from two to nine guests, such as duo studios, spacious one- and two-bedroom villas and brand-new two-bedroom penthouse villas. Many rooms will feature spectacular views.

In the meantime, here are some important dates to keep in mind:

• June 4: Disney Vacation Club members can make early rental reservations by contacting Member Services at (800) 800-9800. Disney Vacation Club members will be able to make points-based reservations at a later date.
  • June 5: Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can start booking rental reservations by contacting (407) 934-7639.
  • June 6: All guests can make reservations online or by contacting (407) 934-7639.

I actually really like the lobby and appreciate the cultural elements. I just hope the rumor I heard re: a returning luau/dinner show was true, and I am still worried about the impact to the rest of the resort. But I mean at this point I really feel like there’s no use complaining that it’s being built at all. It is what it is. I just hope the amenities being added will result in a net positive.

I actually really like the lobby and appreciate the cultural elements. I just hope the rumor I heard re: a returning luau/dinner show was true, and I am still worried about the impact to the rest of the resort. But I mean at this point I really feel like there’s no use complaining that it’s being built at all. It is what it is. I just hope the amenities being added will result in a net positive.
I think it looks beautiful, so far! Don’t love the massive building, but what they showed today, I like.

I think it looks beautiful, so far! Don’t love the massive building, but what they showed today, I like.
Definitely agree re: the size--pictures really don’t do justice to how massive it is, it totally overwhelms the rest of the resort imo. But I like these renders. It kinda reminds me of a modern Polynesian take on GDT, which I really like.

I think this goes back to the forever debate that some feel like the deluxe resorts shouldn’t have IP splattered everywhere and should feel more subtle Disney-luxe versus those who want DISNEY everywhere. I can see both sides of it and they probably should find a better way to reach middle ground but I like this so far. And DVC specifically has always been on the more subtle side versus their cash-side sister. (Frankly, idk how anyone can dislike this but are ok with BLT lol but that’s probably just my unpopular opinion)

I think it looks beautiful with subtle Polynesian inspiration. I like that it’s not overly IP themed and it feels expensive. But to each their own. People said the same about RIV but it’s now considered one of the nicer DVC resorts (based on amenities, functionality and aesthetic). Good thing there’s tons of options for everyone at WDW!

I have seen nothing about amenities being added, did I miss it? If they are just adding villas, Poly will be even more of a zoo, and I think it will affect the entire mk area. I really hope I missed something or they haven’t announced details yet!

I think this goes back to the forever debate that some feel like the deluxe resorts shouldn’t have IP splattered everywhere and should feel more subtle Disney-luxe versus those who want DISNEY everywhere. I can see both sides of it and they probably should find a better way to reach middle ground but I like this so far. And DVC specifically has always been on the more subtle side versus their cash-side sister. (Frankly, idk how anyone can dislike this but are ok with BLT lol but that’s probably just my unpopular opinion)

I think it looks beautiful with subtle Polynesian inspiration. I like that it’s not overly IP themed and it feels expensive. But to each their own. People said the same about RIV but it’s now considered one of the nicer DVC resorts (based on amenities, functionality and aesthetic). Good thing there’s tons of options for everyone at WDW!
This, I think anyone expecting it to look like Moana was a bit delusional lol. This is just how DVC is.

My concern is more so the size and the fact that we lost Luau Pointe for it.

I have seen nothing about amenities being added, did I miss it? If they are just adding villas, Poly will be even more of a zoo, and I think it will affect the entire mk area. I really hope I missed something or they haven’t announced details yet!
Nothing official but there are at minimum bars in the original concept art that was released a long time ago and Poly CMs have talked about at least 1 dining location planned for it. There is also a pool being built but unknown whether it will be available to all guests or just Tower guests like BLT's

Edit: Restaurant is officially mentioned as being the first all-electric one at WDW in Bricker’s writeup so no it’s definitely not just additional rooms.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/island-tower-polynesian-resort-booking-dates-details-disney-world/

Sorry if I missed it but is this going to have it's own monorail station? The line during peak hours is already ridiculous at times.

Edit to add this might be actually closer to the Grand Floridian station depending on what side you are staying.

Nothing official but there are at minimum bars in the original concept art that was released a long time ago and Poly CMs have talked about at least 1 dining location planned for it. There is also a pool being built but unknown whether it will be available to all guests or just Tower guests like BLT's

Edit: Restaurant is officially mentioned as being the first all-electric one at WDW in Bricker’s writeup so no it’s definitely not just additional rooms.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/island-tower-polynesian-resort-booking-dates-details-disney-world/
That’s great news, but I am still wary! Poly is just already insane. I don’t stay there anymore because of that, but I do love staying at GF and visiting. Guess we’ll see!

No it is listed as walking distance to the Monorail. Not really worth it to add a Monorail station between Poly and GF.

Dave
For me it wouldn't be about the walk to the station, but the number of extra people trying to get on the monorail in the mornings.

I am staying at Poly for the first time next August (21st for 5 nights) and really worried about the pools being way too busy with all these extra guests. I know an extra pool is bring built but will it accommodate the increase? I would prefer GF but my travelling companion is adamant it's Poly!

For me it wouldn't be about the walk to the station, but the number of extra people trying to get on the monorail in the mornings.

I am staying at Poly for the first time next August (21st for 5 nights) and really worried about the pools being way too busy with all these extra guests. I know an extra pool is bring built but will it accommodate the increase? I would prefer GF but my travelling companion is adamant it's Poly!

I would think the same. All those extra people will be coming to the Monorail, if they are going to MK.

Won't shock me if alot of those people will also go to the poly pool.

Seems like a ton of new guest rooms.

I believe the original GF villa building with 147 villas.

This one I would think is at least double that.

With no dedicated transportation ( i think ) I can see things taking much longer, esp in the morning, for people staying at the original poly building, or maybe even GF

Last edited:
I would think the same. All those extra people will be coming to the Monorail, if they are going to MK.

I am actually unbothered by this tbqh. If I’m rope dropping from anywhere that requires getting on transportation I’m up early enough to be on the first one out, and the vast majority of people simply aren’t. Doesn’t matter where I am staying. Now the folk who are showing up at peak times or going to MK after ‘Ohana breakfast or something are going to see a harder time, but there are just so many ways to get to MK from Poly. Coming back at night I really feel like the non-resort guests piling onto the resort line to go get their cars at the TTC bc Disney Food Blog told them it’s a shorter wait than the Express line will still have more of an impact than any additional guests from the tower. There is also the resort launch too.

The impact to the existing restaurants and pools are more my concern, but I’m hoping the tower pool will peel off enough of those people (especially if they make it BLT’s) that it won’t be so bad. But it’s really just wait and see at this point. We have known about all of this since the first announcements were made so handwringing about it now is weird to me.

Bus stop could be worse than monorail. Monorail will just have a longer line. The bus stop is small and unless it’s plussed or better defined, it could get contentious

I agree. The lobby renders have an understated elegance that I really like. It almost doesn't fit the updated renders of the exterior. I think the interior is 1000x nicer. I am eager to see the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter