Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

How early do you do online check in? I'm worried our room won't be ready by checkin (4pm). I put in a request on TP for third floor since it's quiet (honeymoon, adults trip). We have a 5:45pm dinner reservation and we'll be to the resort by 12/1pm. I'm good with leaving luggage with bell services and having lunch, exploring the resort but we don't have park tickets for the day (AH tickets after our dinner) and I'd like the opportunity to take a shower and unpack before leaving for dinner....

Pool showers before dinner are a last resort...
If your room isn't ready when you get there (DVC rooms are notorious for not being ready until later in the afternoon) stop at the FD to see if they have anything. It may not be what you requested, but if getting into a room is more important, they may be able to help. The more requests you have, the tougher it can be to get in early as there are likely fewer of the rooms that match your requests, and one has to be checking out that day. DVC is almost always 100% occupied, unlike cash rooms. If your only request is for the third floor, that's a lot easier than a specific location in a specific building. Don't be too worried, just communicate with the FD and they will do what they can to help.

If your room isn't ready when you get there (DVC rooms are notorious for not being ready until later in the afternoon) stop at the FD to see if they have anything. It may not be what you requested, but if getting into a room is more important, they may be able to help. The more requests you have, the tougher it can be to get in early as there are likely fewer of the rooms that match your requests, and one has to be checking out that day. DVC is almost always 100% occupied, unlike cash rooms. If your only request is for the third floor, that's a lot easier than a specific location in a specific building. Don't be too worried, just communicate with the FD and they will do what they can to help.
Good tips, thank you! I may adjust my request, it is pretty narrow, probably too narrow 😬 we are renting DVC so this is great info.

How early do you do online check in? I'm worried our room won't be ready by checkin (4pm).
You can complete Online check-in days or weeks before you arrive. However online check-in does not mean that your individual room will be ready early. I do suggest you stop at the Front desk when arrive to see if your assigned room matches your request(s) or ask if there is another room that may match your requests.

Regular rooms have a 3 PM time and DVC units have a 4 PM time. However your assigned room many not be ready at either of these times depending on the number of rooms turned over that specific day.

Dave

Good tips, thank you! I may adjust my request, it is pretty narrow, probably too narrow 😬 we are renting DVC so this is great info.
I hope you have a great trip! We are staying there for the first time in September. Looking forward to hearing your feedback! And congratulations again!!! I would leave your requests and then if your room isn't ready in enough time, ask what's available. You never know, you might get what you want when you want!

Checking in at end of month, anyone been lately that has experience running at resort with walkway closed ?

Checking in at end of month, anyone been lately that has experience running at resort with walkway closed ?

I do - and not going to lie, it stinks. Round and round Poly gets really old quickly. I have witnessed people ignore the path closed signs or run on the road/cross the road to continue on to GF, but I personally didn't feel comfortable doing that (there are often Disney security or Orange County cops in that general area, not to mention construction traffic).

This was 4 miles recently. I run early so, as you can see, did some laps around the parking lots just to find more distance.

Don’t get me wrong, I can think of far worse places to run, just hard to get a lot of distance with GF and MK cutoff without a lot of laps.

Attachments

• IMG_8916.jpeg
    IMG_8916.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 16
I do - and not going to lie, it stinks. Round and round Poly gets really old quickly. I have witnessed people ignore the path closed signs or run on the road/cross the road to continue on to GF, but I personally didn't feel comfortable doing there (there are often Disney security or Orange County cops in that general area, not to mention construction traffic).

This was 4 miles recently. I run early so, as you can see, did some laps around the parking lots just to find more distance.

Don’t get me wrong, I can think of far worse places to run, just hard to get a lot of distance with GF and MK cutoff without a lot of laps.
Very much appreciated

Does anyone know what time live music starts at Tiki Terrace?
I was there on my birthday 4/11. I wanted to watch HEA and EWP from there and enjoy visiting poly (we stayed at WL).
At 8pm a solo man with string instrument showed up and started to play . In the past , early I never hear music it seems to be near when all the other evening things start like EWP, HEA .

I was there on my birthday 4/11. I wanted to watch HEA and EWP from there and enjoy visiting poly (we stayed at WL).
At 8pm a solo man with string instrument showed up and started to play . In the past , early I never hear music it seems to be near when all the other evening things start like EWP, HEA .
Happy belated birthday. Mine was April 5th. I am also staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 days. Thank you for the information.

Does anyone know what time live music starts at Tiki Terrace?
I'm not convinced there is a recurring set schedule. We've seen the ukulele player several times in the afternoon near opening time (3:00). Other times they aren't there even later in the evening. If there is a schedule I sure haven't figured it out.

ETA: I hope you manage to catch them. It really adds to the ambiance :)

Last edited:
I'm not convinced there is a recurring set schedule. We've seen the ukulele player several times in the afternoon near opening time (3:00). Other times they aren't there even later in the evening. If there is a schedule I sure haven't figured it out.

I was there 2 weeks ago and he started around 8p... was an awesome complement to the spiky pineapples..and the Flatbread...which was interesting but tasty...instead of tomato sauce it was peanut sauce with bacon. Loved it!

DD just returned from WDW and got a bounceback offer, so we checked into rates and WOW there is something there that we can afford! DD and I will be staying August 2-5 in a water-view room!! Touringplans show our options for rooms being in Fiji or Samoa; is there any reason to think this isn't correct? I'm definitely going to put in a room request and we are SO FREAKIN' PSYCHED to be coming to the Poly! We usually stay at AllStars so this it really really exciting!

Touring Plans is accurate for Poly. Fiji and Samoa are the water view longhouses, of the two I would 100% recommend requesting Samoa. We stayed in that one last summer and it’s a much better location than Fiji as you will not have to walk around the marina to get anywhere. Samoa is also very centralized right between both pools so steps away from each and close to the lobby and bus stop. It’s my favorite besides Rarotonga. Fiji is also near to the construction site so on a resort only stay I would definitely ask to avoid it. I will say Samoa on the side facing the Oasis pool is much better than facing the Lava pool because it’s quieter. Lava pool is where they play the music and have all the poolside activities so it can get a bit noisy during the day. Our room faced the Oasis pool and it was great.

Talk to me about coffee. We usually bring our own. Do the coffee makers take Keurig pods? How is the coffee on-site? Being the Poly, I'd hope there is great Kona coffee! Also, does anyone know if I can purchase half and half onsite, or is milk available? This is a whirlwind, no theme park weekend trip to celebrate my birthday (July) and DD's birthday (September); together we will add up to being 100 years old!
The hotel side rooms all have Keurigs since the Moana renos. I am pretty sure they sell half and half at Moana Mercantile but I don’t remember tbh things like that I just get from Instacart.

I've never used Instacart; no idea how it even works. Will they deliver to the hotel? Do you have to be there or will they leave stuff with bell services?

@leebee for delivery to your resort you should review the Resort Delivery FAQ at https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

The quick view of Instacart is that they deliver for Currently delivers from: Publix, Whole Foods, Costco, BJs, CVS Pharmacy, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Publix Liquors and more listed on the Instacart.com page: https://www.instacart.com/

However we normally order for Publix and they use Instacart for delivery services: https://delivery.publix.com/store/publix/storefront use the Poly Zipcode of 32830.

You are expected to meet the driver at the lobby dropoff if you have Alcohol in your order.

Use this address for all deliveries:

Polynesian Village Resort
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Dave

Appreciate the info. I completely agree with you. I have searched high and low for any type of schedule....it's a mystery.
I'll ask if there is one when I get there. Will be at airport in 24 hours. :dumbo: :tigger::drinking1

I've never used Instacart; no idea how it even works. Will they deliver to the hotel? Do you have to be there or will they leave stuff with bell services?
Step by step Instacart:

This video explains how to with Walmart (if that’s something you’d like to consider):

The Polynesian deluxe suite has a beverage cooler sized fridge only. We use ice in a soft sided beer cooler bag to keep things frozen inside the fridge and add extra ziplock bags to keep water from going in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter