Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

Was looking at hotels for this. Holy cow. I am originally from California and had a DL AP for many years. These are definitely not the hotel prices I used to see. Even the lower end hotels were shocking. Ended up booking a room in hopes we are able to register for this. Figured would be wise to book now and cancel later if we don't end up going.

I've been seeing lots of reactions online bemoaning that it's on Labor Day weekend and I'm like But... It's not...?

I've seen some interesting things stated too that are easily verifiable as inaccurate. Like people claiming Disney chose this as a "quiet weekend before Halloween and OBB actually start" and I'm just sitting here wide eyed in shock at how many people are confidently incorrect... and then get all annoyed when you give them the receipts so that others aren't misled.

This will be a busy weekend. There's zero doubt about that. I just hope Disney sticks to Labor Day Weekend to kick off Halloween so that's not competing with this race. If they do, that means Halloween would start August 30. And going by the pattern of the earlier OBB parties, those should start September 3.

There were some other wild claims (and ones about others races), but that was the most baffling (and related) one since they really seemed to think Halloween season and OBB started much later than they actually have recently.

Was looking at hotels for this. Holy cow. I am originally from California and had a DL AP for many years. These are definitely not the hotel prices I used to see. Even the lower end hotels were shocking. Ended up booking a room in hopes we are able to register for this. Figured would be wise to book now and cancel later if we don't end up going.

Oh I booked a couple possible stays the second it was announced even though I'm fairly sure I can't go due to being in tech lol. So you're in similar company. Really grateful for generous cancellation policies.

I'm wondering if with the start/finish lines moved to the Pumbaa lot area over on Disney Way for this January if that's going to influence prices with the assumption the start/finish lines for the new weekend will be in the same place.

I also booked a Just In Case hotel already, and had the same reaction as someone above, even off site prices are crazy. I wonder if Labor Day Weekend being the weekend before makes them raise rates all week into the following weekend, or if they're just always crazy expensive now.

I also wonder about OBB. General Halloween time at DLR started 9/1 this year, but the first OBB was a bit later. Plus, from what I saw, it was a bleep show trying to get OBB tickets. I can't imagine the mess if you dumped a crapload of runners into that ticket queue on top of what's already there. The smart thing to do would be to do a runners only OBB night, but I feel like that's unlikely.

I also booked a Just In Case hotel already, and had the same reaction as someone above, even off site prices are crazy. I wonder if Labor Day Weekend being the weekend before makes them raise rates all week into the following weekend, or if they're just always crazy expensive now.

I also wonder about OBB. General Halloween time at DLR started 9/1 this year, but the first OBB was a bit later. Plus, from what I saw, it was a bleep show trying to get OBB tickets. I can't imagine the mess if you dumped a crapload of runners into that ticket queue on top of what's already there. The smart thing to do would be to do a runners only OBB night, but I feel like that's unlikely.
I was there this past September the weekend after Labor Day, and the prices were much lower. I think the cost increase is directly due to the rundisney announcement of a new weekend.

So now we have the run Disneyland test event out of the way who's still looking forward to the main event :p . I'm actually liking all the negative talk in groups and social media as it might give me a better chance to get a entry and I'm sure they will make improvements
I have had the same thoughts and am hoping some of the less positive reviews people are giving might make the Halloween race less in demand, but we’ll see. The Halloween theme makes me think it’s still going to be extraordinarily hard to get in. Registration day is going to be stressful 😅😅

I'm actually liking all the negative talk in groups and social media as it might give me a better chance to get a entry and I'm sure they will make improvements

Unfortunately I feel like the majority isn’t complaining and is thrilled to have DLR rD back! We are local, and our family had a blast. So Cal alone has so many Disney fans who are used to how expensive everything is out here; knows and understands how differently DLR functions from WDW; and is completely willing to turn a blind eye to the shortcomings. Even without the griping and complaining regular WDW rD crew (I’m certain many will be back), these races will sell out. It’ll just be interesting to see how quickly… There isn’t much incentive to change things out here as evidenced by the crazy fast sellout of Magic Keys each time they’re released. And add the insanely popular Halloween time to the mix…ooof!! 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Unfortunately I feel like the majority isn’t complaining and is thrilled to have DLR rD back! We are local, and our family had a blast. So Cal alone has so many Disney fans who are used to how expensive everything is out here; knows and understands how differently DLR functions from WDW; and is completely willing to turn a blind eye to the shortcomings. Even without the griping and complaining regular WDW rD crew (I’m certain many will be back), these races will sell out. It’ll just be interesting to see how quickly… There isn’t much incentive to change things out here as evidenced by the crazy fast sellout of Magic Keys each time they’re released. And add the insanely popular Halloween time to the mix…ooof!! 😵‍💫😵‍💫
Yeah, the feedback on their IG isn’t as bad as I thought it might be, a few complaints here and there but not that bad and the complaints are constructive. I’m expecting the signups for Halloween to be not as crazy but that’s not saying much for RD lately.

After doing Dopey and Dumbo back to back, I 100% will not be signing up for more DL races anytime soon. It costs about the same for me to travel to either coast as I live in between them, and so I personally find a lot more value in the WDW races. But if I lived in SoCal, I would absolutely be signing up for DL races! How nice it would be to have DL races within driving distance! Though that would probably bankrupt me, I spent more on DL runDisney merch than on my Dumbo bib :hyper:

I think the Halloween races will still be very hard to register for. I'd be surprised if they opened up registration to as many entrants as they used to, based on this past weekend I think they need another smaller field to work out the kinks. Who knows though, money is money! Maybe there will be a bit less interest from WDW runners but I imagine there are more than enough locals that want to run in DL to make up for it.

After doing a September DL trip, November WDW trip, and then back to back WDW/DL trips for coast to coast, I have to say I don't think I'll be back to DL for a while. CM morale was very different between the coasts and it was especially noticeable when doing a full week at WDW followed by a full week at DL. Everyone's experience is different but that was mine! I would still encourage anyone interested in the DL races to give the Halloween races a try, we all look to get something different out of race weekends after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter