Disney Visa Rewards - "Pay Yourself Back" option

I didn’t even have to wait for the statement, just for the charges to post. Even my charges from last year were available for applying the credit, so if she had any eligible charges in the past year, she might be able to apply it tonight.

SO... let me make sure I understand, as we are having a situation here (DD can't find EITHER of her rewards cards and she leaves for WDW tomorrow morning).

Does Pay Yourself Back mean that DD can charge meals at Disney to her Disney Rewards VISA card and when she gets the bill, she can use her rewards to pay off those meals?

Does she have to transfer the rewards to her credit card before making the charges, or can she just do it when she gets her credit card statement (that would show the purchases at Disney)?

This could definitely change things around here tonight!

You don’t transfer the rewards before paying yourself back. If she logs in now she will see the option in her account. If she has rewards available and Disney charges that are up to 90 days (?) old she can get the statement credit now. I just used mine to pay myself back for our room deposit.

SO... let me make sure I understand, as we are having a situation here (DD can't find EITHER of her rewards cards and she leaves for WDW tomorrow morning).

Does Pay Yourself Back mean that DD can charge meals at Disney to her Disney Rewards VISA card and when she gets the bill, she can use her rewards to pay off those meals?

Does she have to transfer the rewards to her credit card before making the charges, or can she just do it when she gets her credit card statement (that would show the purchases at Disney)?

This could definitely change things around here tonight!
Can you transfer points from a redemption card back to the cc? I would think not but I’ve never tried it.

Alternatively she could get another rewards card at guest services at WDW and call Chase and see if they will move the rewards from her lost cards to the new one.

It’s a credit card bonus, there are many out there. OP signed up for a new Disney credit card, paid the annual fee, met the spend and got the bonus.
I'm the OP, but I have the free version (from a long time ago). I think it was someone else who mentioned the current bonus on the premium card.

I just saw this now, so I'm glad other people answered you!

:tinker:Hope her trip is going well

I just saw this now, so I'm glad other people answered you!

:tinker:Hope her trip is going well
Thanks, they are having a great time despite a questionable spider in the room that necessitated a room change (at Disney's suggestion). Regarding the rewards cards, she ended up calling Chase, which canceled both her existing cards (they had zero balances); I didn't know you could do this! When they arrived on Wednesday evening they went to guest services at Disney Springs and got a new rewards card. Today they were off to AK and having dinner at Jiko tonight, so I'm pretty good they are having a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter