Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Do you care what it costs? Because it will be expensive. Media companies are not going to willingly forgo the ad revenue without at least attempting to recover it.

If you can watch without commercials and pull up shows on demand, I don't care what you call it. I'm in! 😆
This is what I'm saying. Now, I have never paid for cable but I do know what my parents paid/pay for cable at the moment and I pay a fraction of that for more instantaneous and on demand content. I pay somewhere between $30-$35 a month for the likes of Apple TV, Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, Peacock, Max and Crunchyroll (I do use my parents max account, so we can take that out as it is a bit unfair to include it).

Do you care what it costs? Because it will be expensive. Media companies are not going to willingly forgo the ad revenue without at least attempting to recover it.
Currently we pay $20 for the Disney/Hulu bundle with no ads. Combined with Max I'm sure it'll be more. If later there's an option to add Apple TV or something, I imagine a bundle like that would be like $50. I think that would be reasonable.

We've never paid for cable so it's hard to compare. I just know I can't stand commercials and need to have on-demand options. So it's streaming or bust in my house.

We've never paid for cable so it's hard to compare. I just know I can't stand commercials and need to have on-demand options. So it's streaming or bust in my house.

For perspective, when I got rid of cable 12 years ago I was paying 195 a month for the ultimate package (every channel and pay channel like Showtime, HBO, Skinemax), and then a TiVo charge on top of that, and an internet package on top of that.

The one I am interested to see is the a la carte offering of ESPN's linear channels. I figure that's got to be at least $20, and probably more like $30. ESPN by itself gets something like $7/month/subscriber, and that includes everyone who has cable but never watches sports.

I'm also interested to see what happens with Fubo's suit against the Disney/Fox/Warner Sports Bundle. Fubo's contention is interesting: TWDC forces them to take e.g. Freeform if they want the ESPN family, but the Sports Bundle obviously does not include such things. I like Fubo as a test case, because they often market themselves as a sports-first platform that doesn't really want all the secondary channels.

Right now I’m just trying to figure out the best route to go with all this bundling
-Disney + I’m paid annually till November
-Hulu I was piggybacking on my brother in laws account till the password sharing crackdown warnings came now I pay monthly with plans to cancel in November to switch to the Disney/Hulu bundle
-Max comes as part of our direct tv package that another member of my immediate household presently pays for so I guess keep that ala carte for the moment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter